Need advice cutting getting demotivated

akhimoe

Awards
Hi everyone I'm going to try keep it simple

I'm 5'6 I weigh 90kg Body Fat 29
My body type is endomorph

I have done allot of reading and trying different things but at the end I wasn't able to sustain it

I've done

Intermittent fasting but I couldn't keep up

Im doing 5 X 5 strong lifts I'm getting bored

I'm on a calorie deflict at the moment I've been training on and off for 2-3 years but for the last
7 weeks ive been religiously training and I have increased in strength but my stomach feels the same I feel like my fat ain't dropping im getting frustrated I feel bigger? I don't know where I'm going wrong? I'm eating more protein than before I only eat whole foods I keep my carbs around my workout, I eat simple carbs and protein post workout, I'm drinking allot more water I've got a good diet but I'm not seeing much change?

Can someone help me?

I know this will sound silly but I'm thinking of trying some sort of stacks or steroids for fat loss and cutting.

Is there any alternative supplements to help me achieve the fat loss?

TrenQuagmire

TrenQuagmire

Awards
Man I'm on the same boat like I'm at a plateau and I'm getting stronger and bulldog muscle but the fat man no matter the calorie deficit or the god damn macros lmao

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You need to figure out your TDEE and then eat 500-1000kcals less than that. It is thermodynamically impossible to keep/get fat in a deficit - point out all the fat Etheopians during the famine :D

If nothing is changing between the scale and tape measure - you are not in a deficit. Use a site like iifym.com, or an app, and get a ballpark TDEE estimate. What works for me (maybe not you) is when you estimate your "Activity Level" - use one less than it actually is. So if you workout 5 times a week, plug in 4 times a week. Use the Miflin-St. Jeore formula.

You don't need anything but a deficit, some Caffeine (Black Coffee), and some EGCG from Green Tea Extract. If you want a little more help, add Ephedrine, starting at 12.5mg and working up to 25/30mg up to 3x/day after checking blood pressure each time. You can also try adding Yohimbine HCL, either as a replacement for the Ephedrine (Check BP again), or with it - after REALLY checking your BP and starting at low doses of each - the combo *can* F'k some people up.

You can't be in a deficit. Also, eating "Bro" ("Clean") and eating the same things every day and using a Macro App, really helps initially. Just pick foods you like and you won't get bored. YMMV.

gaz7456

gaz7456

Awards
Everything said above, and also try to find a food diet that you can sustain/enjoy, as it takes time to shed the weight and keep the weight off.

Once you start seeing progress that should be motivation enough to keep you on track, but nothing comes quickly or easily unless you are prepared to go you route you are thinking of, which takes you an entirely different path and only one that you can determine if it is right for you.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Given your initial post, there are a few reasons why you should not venture into steroids of PHs. I would also say you do not need any supplements at this point.

First, at 29% body fat, you can lose a lot of that by dieting and exercising properly. I would get your body fat down first before thinking of using supplements, either legal or illegal. I know you said you have been training hard for the past 7 weeks. If your diet and training are in check, then there is a difference. Also, remember, losing weight and fat takes time. At that high of a body fat, it may not be as noticeable right away.

Second reason why I say stay away from supplements is because you have not been consistent. It s hard to be consistent when it comes to dieting and training. You need to try and make it a habit and a part of your daily routine. Find a workout routine that challenges you and that you enjoy. Otherwise it becomes stale and boring.

I would also suggest varying your diet. Eat different foods. Do not eat the same thing every day. This will also help you not become bored of dieting. Also, I would opt for a refeed once in a while. This is needed when in a deficit. Do not think you need to follow any fads like IF or anything like that. These do not increase fat loss. Instead, focus on eating a varied diet and eating in a surplus rather than focusing on the guidelines of some dietary fads.

Here are some good articles to read as well.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weight-fat-loss-part-1.html/
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weight-and-fat-loss-part-2.html/
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-fundamentals-of-fat-loss-diets-part-2.html/

akhimoe

Awards
Thank you guys for the information it has benefitted me allot and given me some tips to take away

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Something I wish I had done year ago was invest in getting a meal prep service ...weekly. It seems expensive but in reality some companies don't charge that much considering the amount of protein plus the effort it takes to shop, cook,weigh and package the meals. Best money I spend every month.

Diet is everything. If you are too busy or just plain lazy (me) , have someone els prep.

As far as supps go, like other posters said, it's about calorie deficits. We all hear of complex diet routines, diet supps etc but in reality 90% of the gen population do not need that. Keep this tools in the tool box for when you need to push past plateaus bc you are already lean.

Track your macros, eat clean, and good luck

akhimoe

Awards
Hey thanks for the advice since I've started this post I've actually started tracking my macros more And i feel more better like I'm in more control.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Good to hear man !

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey thanks for the advice since I've started this post I've actually started tracking my macros more And i feel more better like I'm in more control.
Good for you. Stick with it. Starting a new lifestyle can be rejuvenating but consistency is key. That's what will separate you from the average joe in the gym.

reprieve

Awards
Good for you. Stick with it. Starting a new lifestyle can be rejuvenating but consistency is key. That's what will separate you from the average joe in the gym.
This is very important right here. Sure, adding muscle will raise the kcals you can eat daily, but for cutting you must realize that things dont end once you hit the spot you want. You need to transition to that lifestyle because the lifestyle = the physique. Stopping all the habits that got you the fat loss and you will simply regress.