Nail Growth sign of increased protein synthesis?

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
So Ive noticed that since the end of my pct and the addition of ArA to my supplement regime ive been growing my finger nails at a much quicker rate than i used to. Would this be a sign of increased protein synth?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Could be. Definitely a sign of increased nutrient intake. Have you changed your diet recently?

MrBEEF

Awards
So Ive noticed that since the end of my pct and the addition of ArA to my supplement regime ive been growing my finger nails at a much quicker rate than i used to. Would this be a sign of increased protein synth?
have you been working with your hands lately? Like washing your car? Cleaning? Washing dishes? My nails grow 2-3x faster when doing manual labor. I noticed this when I was a kid. I think it comes from higher blood flow to the fingers from the stimulation (pressing, swiping,etc.).

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
Could be. Definitely a sign of increased nutrient intake. Have you changed your diet recently?
I dont track macros or follow a specific diet (especially in the winter). I am for a certain number on protein and eat my fill of other macros. I also make sure to get at least 2-3 servings of veggies and 2-3 servings fruit per day.

One thing i did start recently was eating more Chipotle. Every. Single. Day.