n-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate / drug test

Gooz55

Awards
I have a pre employment drug test (hair follicle) and was wondering if I will fail it since I took a pre workout with “n-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate”.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whatever that is, (looks like either preworkout or fat burner), I very highly doubt your employer will be testing for that.
Usually, they're just looking for recreational drugs like weed & coke..

Gooz55

Awards
Whatever that is, (looks like either preworkout or fat burner), I very highly doubt your employer will be testing for that.
Usually, they're just looking for recreational drugs like weed & coke..
It’s inside a pre workout called “epitome Hardcore” by NutraInnovation

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
FWIW - fewer employers now screen for cannabis since many states have legalized it. Most exceptions are when the employee will work under a Federal Contract, since cannabis is still illegal by federal statute.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pretty sure this is the stuff from Eria Jarensis found in many preworkouts. It shouldn’t cause any issues, but the backbone of the chemical is similar to amphetamine, so I guess it’s possible. But I doubt it. I’ve never heard of that happening.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Drug test for jobs usually have x amount of panels or things they test for. There testing for narcotics and street drugs. Not performance enhancing drugs.

Now if the thing you were talking about has the same/similar chemical structure of something like crystal meth or heroin, then you might be fucked🤷

Standard 8 panel drug test
Screenshot_20220305-173212~2.png

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
Pretty sure this is the stuff from Eria Jarensis found in many preworkouts. It shouldn’t cause any issues, but the backbone of the chemical is similar to amphetamine, so I guess it’s possible. But I doubt it. I’ve never heard of that happening.
Lacking the alpha methyl group means it shouldn't produce metabolites that will cross react with the reagents in the Test cup. If they lab test it then definitely not?

The nomenclature is wrong and there trying to hide the actual chemical though which lots of companies due to keep the fda on their toes but I'm pretty sure I know what they are referring too!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If a substance(metabolites) causes a false positive on a drug test, it will be sent for verification by GCMS which will rule out the false positive.

EDIT: I've passed the 15+ drug tests I've taken in my life. I've cheated the last five.

EDIT II. Adderall+Ephedrine caused a false positive for meth at the prescribing doctor's office.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just so everyone knows, this guy took his drug test back in March. You never came back to tell us whether or not he passed it but I don't think he needs any advice on the topic anymore LOL

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
He literally joined the forum just to ask about a drug test and then disappeared

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
...but it's lots of fun to find old threads and keep bumping them back to the top of the new posts list!

It's like going to a graveyard and digging up dead bodies. Right? I can't be the only one who does that for kicks! 😳😦😬 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤣

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
...but it's lots of fun to find old threads and keep bumping them back to the top of the new posts list!

It's like going to a graveyard and digging up dead bodies. Right? I can't be the only one who does that for kicks! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤣
If you’re getting kicks, you might be doing it wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Doomotek

Awards
First off, it's great you're being cautious about your upcoming drug test. N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate, found in some pre-workout supplements, might raise concerns due to its chemical composition. However, the likelihood of it causing a false positive in a hair follicle test isn’t well-documented. These tests typically look for specific drugs like THC, cocaine, opiates, etc.
To be on the safe side, you can try aichek test kit manufacturer. Their kits are reliable and can give you a better idea of where you stand before the official test. Remember, staying hydrated, exercising, and maintaining a balanced diet can help cleanse your system.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
First off, it's great you're being cautious about your upcoming drug test. N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate, found in some pre-workout supplements, might raise concerns due to its chemical composition. However, the likelihood of it causing a false positive in a hair follicle test isn’t well-documented. These tests typically look for specific drugs like THC, cocaine, opiates, etc.
The guy you're responding to started this thread in march two years ago, It's also the only few posts he ever made and he never came back