N.O. and Migraines

steemax

Awards
Hey everyone this is my first post and I'm glad to finnaly be a part of this. Anyway a little background, ive been lifting for 1 year straight now, I started at 18yrs @ 172lbs @ 5ft6in so you could imagine how much fat I had on me. Went down to 128 @ same hight, Now I'm up to 136lbs of gain :D This whole time Ive only been taking GNC Multi vit and TwinLab Protein shake.

So I decided to see what all the rave about N.O. is and went out to experiment and bought BSN's N.O. Xplode. First time I used it I thought it was great, I felt like ripping the gym apart :D awesome feeling. Anyway on the 2nd day I had lingering headaches coming and going, very minor but I shrugged it off. (Keep in mind ive been taking the minimum dosage of just 1 scoop, along with that I drink about 3 17oz bottles of water from the time I take it too the end of my workout.) Yesterday (3rd day) I took my serving 30 minutes before my workout, felt really pumped but once I started my pull downs and got to around the 8th rep of my first set I had to drop the weights. I got the worst migrain and pain in my neck area, and a Horrible headache where I was about to blackout. My question is what is the cause of this? I did alot of research on my own and found that the ingredient Arginine which is responisble for the N.O. is an anti migraine supp so none of this makes any sense to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks alot! :)

LiveNDie

Awards
Migraines are constriction of the blood vessels, but your plasma levels could drop rapidly and that COULD cause some disscomfort.. so if continues stop taking it and see if that could be the cause.. also the opposite could be true as well

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No explode has tons of caffeine in it. I had to stop taking it after 5pm cause I'd be up all night.

vudoo

Awards
headaches are due to vasodilation. increased blood flow in the brain could cause compression and bring on a headache.
try just taking caffeine coffee as your preworkout for now and stop the NO Xplode and see if it is the cause.