Myostatin inhibitor long term, any issues?

kira1357

Awards
... what is it that you're taking? Loads of things inhibit myostatin

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No1 really knows the answer because nothing we have available to us lowers myostatin enough to see much difference like a myostatin deficincy. Anabolic steroids lower myostatin and ppl stay on them for years at a time. Creatine lowers myo and some ppl take it year round 24/7/365

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But myostatin deficient animals have shorter lifespans, i cant say what that meqns for humans

skyline999

Awards
I read on here some ppl saying using long term myostatin inhibitors isn’t good hence why I asked.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
They still pushing this bullshit
I found for the first few weeks the endurance aspect is very pronounced, but levelled off after 6 or so weeks. Didn't notice anything towards muscle growth but I would say its more of a health product than an anabolic/test booster

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I found for the first few weeks the endurance aspect is very pronounced, but levelled off after 6 or so weeks. Didn't notice anything towards muscle growth but I would say its more of a health product than an anabolic/test booster
I look at it as a product that helps me more quickly recover. Or at least that has been the main benefit i've received from using it.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I look at it as a product that helps me more quickly recover. Or at least that has been the main benefit i've received from using it.
I actually found it made my recovery longer, purely because I was able to do significantly more volume due to the endurance boost

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I might be wrong but i think potbelly is talking about myistatin inhibitor drugs, which is also what i thought op was talking about origionally. Not a specific natural supplement like were talking about now that also has myostatin inhibiting effects.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Myostatin inhibitors? Sure maybe the absurd claims or promises, but some of the products that tangentially hit this can be useful even if that isn't your main goal.

Increased work capacity over time = increased growth potential.

I actually found it made my recovery longer, purely because I was able to do significantly more volume due to the endurance boost
Maybe in the short term, I find with it that the increased work leads to greater increases in work capacity long term, which in turn lead to greater overall recovery or abilities to handle higher volumes.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ive had no issues, ive used epi-plex ( 600mg in caps for 6-7months when it came out ) along with my cousin who reported no ill side effects.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I might be wrong but i think potbelly is talking about myistatin inhibitor drugs, which is also what i thought op was talking about origionally. Not a specific natural supplement like were talking about now that also has myostatin inhibiting effects.
Yeah, I would like to think that too bc otherwise, that post is very uncharacteristic of him. I wish he would edit and clarify.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Currently using XPG EPICATECHIN gel
Epicatechin Gel, or Epi-Plex capsules, can be used for as long as you'd like.

I use them as part of my general health regimen because in addition to the workout related and physique benefits, its the best thing I've ever used for muscular endurance and its also great for cardiovascular and endothelial health.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, I would like to think that too bc otherwise, that post is very uncharacteristic of him. I wish he would edit and clarify.
I think a lot of us hear myostatin and think of the Belgian blue bulls and the drugs that got overhyped and left people with Ridiculous expectations that make steroids look like skittles. Im guessing he was thinking about stuff like that