tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm back, kind of. Goals are relatively the same (however at 31, I've been a little more diligent on my recovery and pre-habilitation work).

Monday- Comp squat, comp bench, chins
Wed- Squat supplemental/accessory, bench accessory/supplemental , WGPU
Friday- Comp squat, bench accessory/supplemental, chins
Saturday- block pull

I'm currently in week four out of six.

"Warm ups"
-Stir the pots
-Side planks
-Bird dogs

Squat
190x4x8r
Bench
155x4x8r
Chins
BWx4x8r

Anything over five reps suck, big time (which, really my work capacity is garbo).

Every night before bed and an hour after waking I've been using my percussive message gun for 15 minutes on areas I've trained the day prior. May not correlate but my Lumbar has felt exceptional the last week or so since using it.

Take care and God bless!

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope everyone had a safe New Years.

1/1/20

Hamstring curls
50x3x12

Bb hip thrust
165x4x8

Decline bench
155x4x8

WGPU
BW x 4x8

Db lateral raise
8x3x15

HLR
4x12

Pump was great. Had to be from the massive influx of sodium from last night as well as the copious amount of carbs. Sleep was horrible last night. Hopefully it’s better tonight.

Take care
God bless

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hope everyone had a safe New Years.

1/1/20

Hamstring curls
50x3x12

Bb hip thrust
165x4x8

Decline bench
155x4x8

WGPU
BW x 4x8

Db lateral raise
8x3x15

HLR
4x12

Pump was great. Had to be from the massive influx of sodium from last night as well as the copious amount of carbs. Sleep was horrible last night. Hopefully it’s better tonight.

Take care
God bless
Interesting workout but I like it

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet is 16:8 fast with iifym

Sourdough w/65g avocado and two whole brown (organic) eggs

Homemade “chipotle” with 97/3 beef - seasoned (pico, rice w/cilantro, sour cream and cheese)

85/15 beef with broccoli and mushrooms

Fruit with every meal (bananas, mango, pineapple or cantaloupe)

Pb w/honey on wheat and protein shake

Macros
Pro-155g
Fat-65g
Cho-200-250g (depends what fruit I eat and what I train)

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Diet is 16:8 fast with iifym

Sourdough w/65g avocado and two whole brown (organic) eggs

Homemade “chipotle” with 97/3 beef - seasoned (pico, rice w/cilantro, sour cream and cheese)

85/15 beef with broccoli and mushrooms

Fruit with every meal (bananas, mango, pineapple or cantaloupe)

Pb w/honey on wheat and protein shake

Macros
Pro-155g
Fat-65g
Cho-200-250g (depends what fruit I eat and what I train)
I love IF too

Good diet even though IIFYM still remaining clean. Do you use IIFYM during contest prep?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4D3

Warm ups
Stir the pots 10 circles per direction x3
Side planks 5-3-2 10 sec holds per
Bird dogs 5-3-2 10sec holds per
(McGill protocols)

Squat
Increasing weight to working sets
190x4x8

Chest press plate loaded
70pps x4x8

Chin ups
BW x4x8

Face pulls 3 drop sets x3
40x12 30x12 20x12
40x10 30x10 20x10
40x8 30x8 20x8

Didn’t mention it but I drink a BCAA/EAA blend intra workout ~ only because my last meal is 4+ hours before lifting. Also, drink 5g creatine in my coffee every morning.

I’ve got a few different sleep aides coming in the mail. My sleep hygiene is perfect IMO (No phone in bed, no TV in the bedroom, no caffeine after 10am) So, I’m left with trying a sleep aid. My watch has recorded my sleep as five hours of light sleep, 45 mins of deep (REM) and one hour of awake/disrupted. I would like my sleep quality to be better and increase my my REM/Deep. I’ve tried three and six MG of melatonin with little to no avail. Right now I have Hi-Tech Somatomax and Repp Sports Hyper sleep coming in (both phenibut based - I know.) but has decent serving sizes (at least in hyper sleep) of GABA and L-Glycine although I would like to see GABA closer to 3-5g and L-glycine around 2-3g. I may be dealing with rebound anxiety from stopping months on end of Sensoril (the sleep disruptions, quality and racing mind started after cessation). Who knows could be coincidence.

Anyhow

Take care and God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Duplicate

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you tried wearing blue blockers for 2-3 hours before bed? I started it a couple of months ago and saw a bump in my total REM sleep. Placebo or not ive not stopped wearing them since haha.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried wearing blue blockers for 2-3 hours before bed? I started it a couple of months ago and saw a bump in my total REM sleep. Placebo or not ive not stopped wearing them since haha.
I haven’t. I will definitely read into it though!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W4D4

Treadmill @1% grade w/3.5 speed @11min

Warm ups
Rolling planks R-C-L-C 10 sec holds x6
Bird dogs 5-3-2 10 sec holds per

Block pulls
Warm up to working weight
205x4x5

BFR arms
Green monster mini x30,25,20,10
Db curl 15lb x20,20,20,20

Back ext w/20lb x3x12

Ab wheel x4x12

Excited to see where I land in a few months. I’m actually loading incrementally and slowly working back up instead of going full bore and re-injuring myself. Growth. Lol

Take care
God bless!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
W4D4

Treadmill @1% grade w/3.5 speed @11min

Warm ups
Rolling planks R-C-L-C 10 sec holds x6
Bird dogs 5-3-2 10 sec holds per

Block pulls
Warm up to working weight
205x4x5

BFR arms
Green monster mini x30,25,20,10
Db curl 15lb x20,20,20,20

Back ext w/20lb x3x12

Ab wheel x4x12

Excited to see where I land in a few months. I’m actually loading incrementally and slowly working back up instead of going full bore and re-injuring myself. Growth. Lol

Take care
God bless!
I want to purchase some of those mini bands .

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grocery haul is done.

Fruits this week; bananas and kiwis

Fats; ghee, avocado, peanut butter

Cho; wheat bread, white basmati rice

Protein; salmon, whole eggs, 93/7 beef

Only meal I changed this week is my second meal which will be a salmon quiche (has goat cheese, fresh dill, 6 whole eggs - obviously and milk) and I’ve rotated in kiwis as my fruit source with the bananas.

Take care
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, have some sort of cold coming on. Have an abundance of mucus and a runny nose but not a hint of a low grade fever or anything else- which is good. Going to keep training as long as it doesn’t move into my upper respiratory.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also, have some sort of cold coming on. Have an abundance of mucus and a runny nose but not a hint of a low grade fever or anything else- which is good. Going to keep training as long as it doesn’t move into my upper respiratory.
I literally woke up with the same thing today wtf . I was just about to log about it

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What does ghee taste like?
Ghee tastes like butter but with a slightly roasted, nutty background note. Like butter, commercial brands of ghee differ in flavor depending on the quality of the milk used to produce it. Because the milk solids have been removed, ghee does not have the creamy mouthfeel of butter. Ghee remains soft at room temperature but turns firm and granular in the refrigerator.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What does ghee taste like?
Ghee tastes like butter but with a slightly roasted, nutty background note. Like butter, commercial brands of ghee differ in flavor depending on the quality of the milk used to produce it. Because the milk solids have been removed, ghee does not have the creamy mouthfeel of butter. Ghee remains soft at room temperature but turns firm and granular in the refrigerator.
It’s a deeper buttery note imo.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, not even one tag...I had to find this myself, Tyga??

I read a very interesting article a couple years back essentially saying that small amounts of exogenous melatonin, say 0.3-1.0mg, could actually be used to stimulate endogenous melatonin production to such a degree that overall levels even surpassed taking bolus exogenous doses like 5mg+. I have never really read deeper on this, but I can tell you I never exceed 1mg melatonin on the instances I employ it and get a dramatic increase in sleep depth and can expect vivid atypical dreams like clockwork with it.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I read a very interesting article a couple years back essentially saying that small amounts of exogenous melatonin, say 0.3-1.0mg, could actually be used to stimulate endogenous melatonin production to such a degree that overall levels even surpassed taking bolus exogenous doses like 5mg+. I have never really read deeper on this, but I can tell you I never exceed 1mg melatonin on the instances I employ it and get a dramatic increase in sleep depth and can expect vivid atypical dreams like clockwork with it.
Seconded...thats messed up Tyga

Hmm thats interesting, never heard that before. I usually have zero issues sleeping so dont really need it but thatd be good for me to know regardless. Will add it to my list of stuff i wanna get around to looking into. Maybe in March I’ll get to that one lol.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Melatonin knocks me out hard AF. I wake up groggy from it lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

My bad fam

I vaguely remember reading something to the effect of 1mg inducing the same physiologic levels as “healthy young* adults”. I do notice if I take 6mg that I tend to have adverse effects; ex, heightened restlessness, sleep depth poorer and sleep inducement is longer. Going to quarter my 3mg pills tonight and see what follows!

Thanks bruv

Seconded...thats messed up Tyga

Hmm thats interesting, never heard that before. I usually have zero issues sleeping so dont really need it but thatd be good for me to know regardless. Will add it to my list of stuff i wanna get around to looking into. Maybe in March I’ll get to that one lol.
Hey, I figured you two got enough of the same ol’ welcome to my log, where I re injure again and start over... again. Lol

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, appetite has been non existent today. Have a feeling it’s from the head cold and all the nasal drip I’m inadvertently swallowing 🤢.

Managed to eat my first meal..
Sourdough
100g avocado
Two brown eggs
Sausage

Second meal
Home made chicken and rice soup
(Whole chicken carcasses cooked down for the broth - get some collagen as well 🤷🏽‍♂️) with brown rice, carrots and seasoning

And my wheat pb & honey sandwich

Oh and only 40oz water :/

P.S. Arms are DUMB SORE

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wk5D1

Warm ups
Pubic adjustment
Stir the pots 10 L- 10R x3
Oblique planks 5-3-2 per side 10 sec holds
Bird dogs 5-3-2 per side 10 sec holds
Banded pull thru x15

Squat
Warm up to working sets
220x4x6r

Bench
Warm up to working sets
180x4x6r

Chin ups
BW + 22lb kb 4x6

Was behind on my water intake when I got to the gym and the lack of a pump reminded me I didn’t drink enough. I typically consume 50oz before the gym and another 20-30oz while I lift. Need to do better at staying hydrated!

Sleep was okay last night but I didn’t get to try the 0.75mg melatonin because I couldn’t find my pill splitter. If I remember, I’ll do it tonight.

Also, I opened my feeding from noon to 9pm. I can’t consume all my calories in a eight hour window and yes that extra hour helps lol

Be easy
God bless!

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Intermittent fasting is partially about convenience - the best eating plan is one you will adhere to, so that extra hour isn’t going to hurt you!

Lmk how the microdosed melatonin goes

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Intermittent fasting is partially about convenience - the best eating plan is one you will adhere to, so that extra hour isn’t going to hurt you!

Lmk how the microdosed melatonin goes
I haven't been hungry when I wake anymore, that's more or less the reason I wait until closer to lunch. Although, I read some (I think ~3mo) emerging research about fasting and reduced BP and blood clotting. It actually popped up on my apple news lol

I did find my pill splitter... this morning. I had great sleep last night though but I believe it had more to do with the lack of sleep finally catching up that I conked out.. hard.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I haven't been hungry when I wake anymore, that's more or less the reason I wait until closer to lunch. Although, I read some (I think ~3mo) emerging research about fasting and reduced BP and blood clotting. It actually popped up on my apple news lol

I did find my pill splitter... this morning. I had great sleep last night though but I believe it had more to do with the lack of sleep finally catching up that I conked out.. hard.
fasting also can help lower BG levels, still the research isn’t concrete but for those who suffer from high A1C and fasted insulin levels any bit helps in keeping health in check

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W5d2

Lying Hamstring Curl
20,25,30,35 x 12-15

BB hip thrust
205x4x6r

Decline bench
180x4x6r

WGPU
BW + 22lb kb 4x6r

Db lateral raise
3x15

Ab wheel
3x12

My next block I'm substituting one of my pressing movements with OHP again. It's really just so I can add some width to my shoulders because I don't notice much carryover to my bench like if I were to add weighted dips or moderate grip (closer grip) bench.

Take care
God Bless

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
W5d2

Lying Hamstring Curl
20,25,30,35 x 12-15

BB hip thrust
205x4x6r

Decline bench
180x4x6r

WGPU
BW + 22lb kb 4x6r

Db lateral raise
3x15

Ab wheel
3x12

My next block I'm substituting one of my pressing movements with OHP again. It's really just so I can add some width to my shoulders because I don't notice much carryover to my bench like if I were to add weighted dips or moderate grip (closer grip) bench.

Take care
God Bless
You truly don’t need a strong overhead to have a big bench...but who wants small weak shoulders?! Pressing overhead is fun!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
W5d2

Lying Hamstring Curl
20,25,30,35 x 12-15

BB hip thrust
205x4x6r

Decline bench
180x4x6r

WGPU
BW + 22lb kb 4x6r

Db lateral raise
3x15

Ab wheel
3x12

Take care
God Bless
You truly don’t need a strong overhead to have a big bench...but who wants small weak shoulders?! Pressing overhead is fun!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I had my heaviest bench I wasn’t pressing over head at all unless I added in a myo-rep set. I was benching 3x a week (one comp and two supplemental)

Psh, I don’t want no weak frail shoulders! I want caps!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W5d3

Warm ups
Pubic adjustment
Stir the pots
Side planks
Bird dogs
(See McGill’s layout for reference)

Squat
Warm up to working sets
220x4x6

Iso Bench -plate loaded
80pps x4x6

CG Chins
BW + 22lb kb x4x6r

Lateral db raise
3x15

Man, feels like both TFLs (R/L) are SORE. I guess they have been since my squat frequency and volume has increased. But boy, does it suck.

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I had my heaviest bench I wasn’t pressing over head at all unless I added in a myo-rep set. I was benching 3x a week (one comp and two supplemental)

Psh, I don’t want no weak frail shoulders! I want caps!
Cool to hear you mention MyoReps. I worked with Børge Fagerli back in the days and he evetually coached me for a couple of years. Lots of knowledge and great at thinking outside the box that man. I learned alot from him.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool to hear you mention MyoReps. I worked with Børge Fagerli back in the days and he evetually coached me for a couple of years. Lots of knowledge and great at thinking outside the box that man. I learned alot from him.
I’ve only briefly read Fagerli (via his webpage)
I did these quite a bit with Mike T/RTS programming. Borge is a cool dude too, some interesting stuff.
Same, that’s when I actually used Myo Reps the most. I incorporated them some when I was big on cluster sets as well.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W5d4

Warm ups
Pubic adjustment
11min brisk walk @2%grade 3.8mph
Rolling planks R-C-L-C x5 with 10sec holds per plank
Bird dogs

Block pull
235x4x5r

45 degree back ext
Bw+20lb 4x12

Face pull
4x15

BFR arms

Pallof press 3x12

Yeet. Today was a good day! I did carbo load last night with a three cheese chicken penne pasta and a good amount of cookies . Next week is my last week of this block and there triples, can’t wait.

But, today is range day bois

Adjustments.JPG

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Putting in some good work - have fun!
It’s work lol now whether it’s good or not is subjective jk. Just trying to get my base rebuilt.

Trying to decide how long I’m going to ride the linear train here though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s work lol now whether it’s good or not is subjective jk. Just trying to get my base rebuilt.

Trying to decide how long I’m going to ride the linear train here though.
IMG_3173.JPG

Ride it as far as you can, then hop off just before it crashes into the barriers of over-use. In my experience this past year, this is the fastest way back to your real potential.

5lbs a week is titanic when looked at over the course of a year (260lbs hypothetically) - you don’t even need percentages yet when pushing that.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W6d1

Warm ups
Pubic adjustment
Stir the pots
Oblique planks
Bird dogs

Squat
Warm ups to working weight
235x4x3r

Bench
190x4x3

Chins
BW + 44lb kb x4x3

Man, my TFLs are NOT havin it. Also, pomegranates are a pain to de seed but 100% worth it. I’ve been eating a whole one a day as my fruit substitute. Foods pretty much the same except I’ve added chicken thighs with a dry rub and plain kefir as my probiotic and GI aid.

God bless!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man, my TFLs are NOT havin it. Also, pomegranates are a pain to de seed but 100% worth it. I’ve been eating a whole one a day as my fruit substitute. Foods pretty much the same except I’ve added chicken thighs with a dry rub and plain kefir as my probiotic and GI aid.

God bless!
Kefir has been a staple for me for a couple of years now, i love it. But here in Sweden all milk products are pasteurized and then for kefir they add 1 or 2 strains of probiotics. So Ive been making my own to get a bigger probiotic content. How is it where you live?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kefir has been a staple for me for a couple of years now, i love it. But here in Sweden all milk products are pasteurized and then for kefir they add 1 or 2 strains of probiotics. So Ive been making my own to get a bigger probiotic content. How is it where you live?
I’m stateside (Missouri to be exact) but it’s identical to how Sweden’s is made. Kefir bro’s.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Workout Logs 108