My TRT Results - 12 weeks in

Freddy55

Freddy55

Awards
I was diagnosed with hypogonadism in late Sept 2017 with total T 300ng/dL, free T @ 6 pg/dL. I’d been feeling like **** for a while, and decided I needed to drop some fat in the spring. Between March and Sept I dropped 45 lbs of fat... but still felt tired all the time. As my test results indicate, my T levels were still pitiful. So, at 6’1” and 196lbs (probably around 15% bf) my TRT journey began.

I started lifting in mid Sept, first time back in the weight room in over 20 years. I was a competitive powerlifter and D1 college football player back in the day, injuries to my shoulder ended the football career, and after that life moves pretty fast. Now at 45... I started a 5x5 to get the feel again... benching 135 (I **** you not), squatting even less... I like to start slow and reduce the risk of injury. But even so... I was embarrassingly weak ad small.

TRT started at 120mg/wk, and was bumped to 140 mg/wk on week 3. It has remained there ever since. I added my own little extra secret sauce (mk677 @ 25mg/day) on week 4. Doc hasn’t prescribed Hcg, and AI started on week 8 (Arimadex) at .5mg/e3d. That’s the protocol.

On Oct 1, I switched my workout to Thib’s Best Damn Workout... 6 days a week, push/pull split. I love this workout! In 12 weeks, I’ve gained 48 lbs. not. a. typo. I weighed in at 244 on Wednesday. I can hardly believe it. Body fat is the same or slightly lower... vascularity, while not mind blowing, increases weekly, and upper abs show through, but still some abdominal fat. This week I benched 275 for 3x6. Other lifts have responded similarly.

This can’t be normal, but I am interested to hear if others have seen similar results. I was initially worried that my doc was overly conservative with such a low dose of T... but I suspect I am very sensitive to the effects. Thanks for any feedback, love this board and I look forward to hearing your stories.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is insane growth at our age (57 here and TRT user for almost 3 years). What is your latest bloodwork show for TT, FT and E2? What is your PSA doing?

M

MooseKnuckle1

Awards
I have been on 200mg TRT for roughly a year. I noticed some good strength gains and body fat management. Nothing like what you’ve seen. However, I have MA Labs SOMATOZINE (mk677) in the mail - I’ll let you know how my results turn out with the mix of TRT and the MA Labs Mk677. This should give us a good baseline to understand whether it’s the test, or the mk677 that is making the biggest difference. I included an image of the label from MA Labs. No affiliation.

MASUPPS-Prdct-SomatoZine

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, please. As the movie line goes: “I’ll have what she’s having”! Lol.

M

MooseKnuckle1

Awards
PS - Arnold20 gets you 20% off at Check-out

Freddy55

Freddy55

Awards
“What is your latest bloodwork show for TT, FT and E2? What is your PSA doing?”

My latest bloods at 8 weeks showed total T at 625 ng/dL, free T at 19 pg/dL (ref range 6.8 - 21.5), E2 at 26 pg/ml (ref range 7.6 - 42.6) and PSA is 0.7. Even though the E2 was in range, I was experiencing sore nips... but the AI took care of it. I think I just might be sensitive to estrogen, too.

Freddy55

Freddy55

Awards
I have been on 200mg TRT for roughly a year. I noticed some good strength gains and body fat management. Nothing like what you’ve seen. However, I have MA Labs SOMATOZINE (mk677) in the mail - I’ll let you know how my results turn out with the mix of TRT and the MA Labs Mk677. This should give us a good baseline to understand whether it’s the test, or the mk677 that is making the biggest difference. I included an image of the label from MA Labs. No affiliation.

Mooseknuckle1 - I think you’ll like it. The appetite stimulation is rough in the first couple of weeks. I was literally insatiable. I went to a split dose (am/pm) for a couple of weeks and that helped. After a month a tried the full am dose again, and the hunger sides didn’t recur. I did experience a little bloating, so you really have to eat clean and keep a diuretic on hand. Tingly hands at night from the water retention induced carpal tunnel too... but that also seems to be subsiding. Good luck, looks like an interesting product!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
“What is your latest bloodwork show for TT, FT and E2? What is your PSA doing?”

My latest bloods at 8 weeks showed total T at 625 ng/dL, free T at 19 pg/dL (ref range 6.8 - 21.5), E2 at 26 pg/ml (ref range 7.6 - 42.6) and PSA is 0.7. Even though the E2 was in range, I was experiencing sore nips... but the AI took care of it. I think I just might be sensitive to estrogen, too.
Great looking bloodwork! PSA is fantastic.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
I just sh!t bricks reading 48lbs lol. Almost makes me want to get old (lol not seriously, and definitely not calling you old m8.) Nice bloods, nice gains. Jealous.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just sh!t bricks reading 48lbs lol. Almost makes me want to get old (lol not seriously, and definitely not calling you old m8.) Nice bloods, nice gains. Jealous.
Lol. Getting Old is Not for the Weak!

Interesting the synergy between the MK677 and TRT, if that’s really occurring.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Lol. Getting Old is Not for the Weak!

Interesting the synergy between the MK677 and TRT, if that’s really occurring.
Call me out for "bro science" but I would assume there would almost have to be something happening between the two for those results.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Call me out for "bro science" but I would assume there would almost have to be something happening between the two for those results.
Agree. Has my interest.

Freddy55

Freddy55

Awards
I agree... my own bro-science theory is elevated IGF-1 from the MK, coupled with the myostatin and cortisol suppression of the test, is a great combo. Plus I lost all that weight over the summer using a keto/intermittent fasting approach. I think the diet really juiced my insulin sensitivity, priming me for what is happening now.

...and it’s ok, I am old!

J

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Op. Very similar ot my own journey. Hell I could almost copy the backstory and change a couple things. I was on clomid though from a few years as we were thinking of kids. I am on my 4th shot at 200mg every 10 days and after shot 5 they do bloods and see what the dose will be ( likely 150mg per week). I do plan on blasting and cruising though. Seems it is working pretty good for you. Its very slight with me but i have noticed i have been a bit stronger. My doc does not do hcg, but i am thinking of adding it on my own. Not sure. I do know with trt i wont need PCT. Pretty much blast for 10-12 ( occasionally 16 weeks) then cruise ( trt dose) about the same amount of time.