My gym now has 3 squat racks and no crowds

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
My gym just added 2 more squat racks (one adjustable olympic rack and one regular) for a total of 3 squat racks now. It also has minimal people training there. I'm glad I took the time to find a better gym after getting sick of 24 hour fitness.

boflex78

boflex78

Awards
  • Established
My 24 has 4 platform pads and bumpers to go along with their 4 squat racks (2 are smith machines so I guess they don't really count). I would have left a long time ago if they didn't have those additions. Glad you could find a gym that's suitable for you!

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Yeah I've long been wanting a gym with 3 or more squat racks (they have a smith also) so one is basically always open.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Congrats. I paid more and got less for years because it was the first gym I ever went to. I felt some weird loyalty to it. Now that I've wisened up, I pay $10 less per month, have twice as much equipment and can workout whether I'm home in southern Maryland or visiting family in FL.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
It's so hard to find a gym that prioritizes squat racks over machines these days.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Mine has 4 squat racks and 2 smith machines(which I don't use anyway I don't get on with them at all) and it's never very busy. It's an old warehouse, no frills, I love training in gyms like that it feels like you're there to work. It's half hour from my house, there's ones closer but I don't mind travelling to train somewhere that has everything you'll ever need plus I cant stand those commercial gyms.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very nice! Mine only has 2, but i upgraded from a nightmare gym with only 1.. but when I moved from that city they acquired the building next tothem and upgraded the whole thing. I haven't seen it yet and i don't think i want to regret moving hahaha

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Mine has 4 squat racks and 2 smith machines(which I don't use anyway I don't get on with them at all) and it's never very busy. It's an old warehouse, no frills, I love training in gyms like that it feels like you're there to work. It's half hour from my house, there's ones closer but I don't mind travelling to train somewhere that has everything you'll ever need plus I cant stand those commercial gyms.
Man I feel you on that one also as much as those commercial gyms push the fact that people who are there to work out must obey that "this is a no judgement zone" it's not that we judge them but put your freakin weights away! And don't be texting when you're using the squat rack like I don't care wether you squat 3 plates or 1 if you are there to work out don't be texting.. with that being said I totally agree with your statement that's two of the major reasons why squat racks are problems

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man I feel you on that one also as much as those commercial gyms push the fact that people who are there to work out must obey that "this is a no judgement zone" it's not that we judge them but put your freakin weights away! And don't be texting when you're using the squat rack like I don't care wether you squat 3 plates or 1 if you are there to work out don't be texting.. with that being said I totally agree with your statement that's two of the major reasons why squat racks are problems
Putting the weights away is the biggest issue I have. I go 1st thing in the morning when they open, so nobody really texting or using phone so much... but the weights.. funny that it is the older gentlemen that do this in the morning. You would think they'd be more courteous

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Multiple racks and no crowds? Is this a dream?

Lucky bastard....

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
We've got 3 racks at my gym and it's still a hassle getting on one sometimes. It amazes me how people will use these for everything EXCEPT squats! Curls, Yates rows, calf raises.....Painful to watch sometimes.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We've got 3 racks at my gym and it's still a hassle getting on one sometimes. It amazes me how people will use these for everything EXCEPT squats! Curls, Yates rows, calf raises.....Painful to watch sometimes.
And shrugs

Some time ago, went to a gym with only 1 rack for a time. That was frustrating.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I long for the old days where many of the gyms were old warehouses with virtually no machines, no a/c, and just a few guys hitting it hard. good times. Can't stand these 24 hr fitness crap where everyone just sits on their phones and takes up precious gym equipment time doing nothing but texting and that's when they're not trying to pick up someone.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
My gym has 3 squat racks and a smith machine. The newest one they put in is awesome! Landmine attachments and everything! I go in the morning and while my favorite may not always be open, I always have one open.