My friend had a heart attack

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys here's the deal, a good friend of mine just had a heart attack 2 weeks ago. He was using testosterone at 300 mg per week and he would go to the gym quite often doing more calisthenics than weight lifting and he also did a lot of mountain biking and BMX and he was extremely active. He was very lean and ripped and I was really shocked that he had a heart attack. Now here's the other side of him which was somebody who drank very often much more often than he should have and he was also abusing Adderall and occasionally would use cocaine. About 2 weeks ago he collapsed while loading up his RV and luckily paramedics were able to revive him using the machine that zaps your heart back to life. I forget the name lol. Turns out the guy has AFib and something else to do with the rhythm of his heart so they put a pacemaker in. So far so good he's been fine now I work with him but he's been having issues with his old lady and hasn't been able to nail her like he used to when he was on test and he wants to get back on but he's concerned it might affect his heart and obviously the doctors are saying no but I'm thinking that if he just takes a little bit of test like 100 to 200 mg which would keep him in a trt range, wouldn't that be safe for him because testosterone Is bioidentical? He's got the test and he's ready to take it but I told him to hang on and let me get some opinions off the internet first because we literally trust you guys over what his stupid doctor says lol. So his main issue is afib and he has a pacemaker.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I highly doubt him being on 300 mg of testosterone is what caused his heart attack, people who do not use anabolics have heart attacks everyday. So I don't even think that's relevant to the topic at hand, but...

He should not be doing anything other then what his cardiologist tells him to do. Self prescribing right now would be foolish and suggesting him anything would be dangerous and reckless.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Umm..you don't think it could've been the Adderall/ cocaine and alcohol? I hope that's the first thing he gets rid of. Number 2 is that his libido is down or is it because he can't last as long in bed. I think we all know when we're drunk we can last forever and with blow even longer because of the numbness it gives you. If I was your friend give up the rec drugs and get on trt and hrt. Lifestyle changes are going to be the only way and I'm sure his girl will understand that in the beginning its not gonna be like it used to.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with Smont that, especially right now, that he should definitely do what his doctors are telling him. Self medicating with anything would be too risky right now.
It sounds like he was already predisposed to heart disease. Couple that with taking Cocaine, Adderall abuse, and alcohol and those three just amplify the heart issues. So even though his body was probably in great shape, the most important muscle, his heart, was possibly already weak and the drug abuse, sadly, caused the heart attack.
Healthy lifestyle changes really is the direction he should go. Then later on down the road he could get with a good Endocrinologist to help him with TRT.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
sounds like he had undiagnosed heart problems for a while. get checked by a doctor before doing cocaine

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree with Smont that, especially right now, that he should definitely do what his doctors are telling him. Self medicating with anything would be too risky right now.
It sounds like he was already predisposed to heart disease. Couple that with taking Cocaine, Adderall abuse, and alcohol and those three just amplify the heart issues. So even though his body was probably in great shape, the most important muscle, his heart, was possibly already weak and the drug abuse, sadly, caused the heart attack.
Healthy lifestyle changes really is the direction he should go. Then later on down the road he could get with a good Endocrinologist to help him with TRT.
Many guys can handle moderate steroid use for decades, I know guys in there 60's + still running cycles.

Many guys can handle moderate recreational drug and alcohol use, I know plenty of guys 60+ that still spend a lot of time on a bar stool and will occasionally still do a little cocaine or whatever there drug of choice is.

What I don't know of is many if any guys who are burning that candle at both ends who are doing just fine.

Steroids and street drugs don't mix and are a recipe for disaster. It's a double whammy on your heart

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loo
Was he vaxxed?? Many are dropping like flies from the clot-shot...
Nope not vaxxed. Just a good ol party animal. Probably a family history of AFIB plus drugs. I want to find out if we can get this dude on trt though

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Loo

Nope not vaxxed. Just a good ol party animal. Probably a family history of AFIB plus drugs. I want to find out if we can get this dude on trt though
If he were my friend (given the situation), I wouldn't recommend anything against his Cardiologist's advice.

Order of Importance:
1. Life
2. Quality of Life

If he doesn't have 1, he can't have 2.

If he were my friend, the only way that I would recommend TRT at this point, is if his Cardiologist and Endocrinologist agree on it.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loo

I honestly think trt and having sex with his girl should be the least of his worries after having a heart attack. If she can't be sympathetic about his health, granted some was by his own choosing, then maybe he should just drop her and focus on himself.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If he were my friend (given the situation), I wouldn't recommend anything against his Cardiologist's advice.

Order of Importance:
1. Life
2. Quality of Life

If he doesn't have 1, he can't have 2.

If he were my friend, the only way that I would recommend TRT at this point, is if his Cardiologist and Endocrinologist agree on it.
This says it all.

Sounds like your friend is in for some lifestyle changes if he’s to continue having life, and that’s going to be a bit of a transition. Having a crappy sex life with the wife for a few months while they get him in a position where they feel comfortable with a true TRT dose is something any marriage should be able to weather.

He will probably be safe enough with a true TRT dose, something that keeps him well inside physiological ranges, but there’s some genuine benefit to him cleaning out entirely for the moment as far as thinning his blood out in the coming months.

NattyJuicer

Awards
Loo

Both of You really should pause and listen to yourselves for a second !!
Like good god dude almost died and worried about smashing !!
If I was his friend like u r I wouldn’t want nothing to recommend with any use of any kind of drugs , even taking Tylenol I would be like check with ur doctor bro !
If y’all get all cocky and be like forget the doctor just hop on 100 mg of test and anything happens to him , you do not wanna live with that guilt !

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope this isn't "I got a friend " log.

If not...your opinion and recommendations are based on others people's opinions on a forum.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Loo

He's a drug addict, you should be trying to get him to rehab, not to trt.

If he spent a little bit of time off drugs and alcohol his hormone levels would probably go up dramatically.

My mind is blown right now that you call yourself this guy's friend and with all of the problems he has your main concern is getting him on trt. My fukin mind is blown 🤯

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He's a drug addict, you should be trying to get him to rehab, not to trt.

If he spent a little bit of time off drugs and alcohol his hormone levels would probably go up dramatically.

My mind is blown right now that you call yourself this guy's friend and with all of the problems he has your main concern is getting him on trt. My fukin mind is blown 🤯
He's off drugs now bro just tryna help him out

NattyJuicer

Awards
He had a heart attack 2 weeks ago...

2-WEEKS-AGO
Exactly my point
I’m like damn what kind of help is this ,
No offense to the poster
But that’s why u gotta chose ur friends wisely !

NattyJuicer

Awards
Very true words...I had a FRIEND suggest 2 to 300 mg of tren my first cycle. Nuts
I used gear and will never use it again .
Loved it and hated it ya know.
I talked couple of friends out of it actually !!
and to them it was a phase they really didn’t care, they don’t even talk about it.
imagine if they would have used it. That can of worms would have been opened.
Bottom line a real friend won’t help u do any harm to urself .

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly my point
I’m like damn what kind of help is this ,
No offense to the poster
But that’s why u gotta chose ur friends wisely !
Don't accuse me of being a bad friend. He asked me questions and I'm relaying them to more experienced heads in the community, all I was looking for is some feedback it's not like I was getting ready to stick the dude. You guys need to settle down

NattyJuicer

Awards
Don't accuse me of being a bad friend. He asked me questions and I'm relaying them to more experienced heads in the community, all I was looking for is some feedback it's not like I was getting ready to stick the dude. You guys need to settle down
Ok ok ok
My bad I didn’t mean to accuse u .
Ok well best of luck to ur friend .

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok ok ok
My bad I didn’t mean to accuse u .
Ok well best of luck to ur friend .
Thank you bro, we're all bros here trying to navigate our health through the corrupt medical system the best we can. I look out for my fellow bros and wish the best for my friends and all of you! 💪🏻

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got to agree with @Smont @Mikereyn513 here. Highly doubt this had to do with the AAS and specifically because he suffered afib which is generally associated with stimulant use. I'd agree the other drugs probably had the highest contribution to his death. However, you shouldn't mix aas with other harsh drugs. A higher bp could have obviously made it worse. Testosterone is more associated with skewed cholesterol values and possible LVH. This is long term , though.