My First Competition Prep!!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya that's tough, there's some really good coaches you can hire online that will do weekly check ins, monitor everything to a T and make you send them regular training footage and posing. Jordan peters was great for that but he's no longer taking clients. Unfortunately most of the top online coaches are very, very expensive. The training program and cycles are not nearly as important as the monitoring of diet and physique from a trained eye and experienced prep coach
I couldn't agree more. I was looking at Ben Chow. But, sending money out of India is restricted by the govt except for relatives living out of India and to college. And I didn't want to bother my friends to route it through them every month. It's a hassle. Cost is almost the same considering how much I am paying this coach and how much Ben charges.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I couldn't agree more. I was looking at Ben Chow. But, sending money out of India is restricted by the govt except for relatives living out of India and to college. And I didn't want to bother my friends to route it through them every month. It's a hassle. Cost is almost the same considering how much I am paying this coach and how much Ben charges.
I didn't know that, maybe see if there's coaches that except payment via Venmo or cash app? That should be easy to get away with

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn't know that, maybe see if there's coaches that except payment via Venmo or cash app? That should be easy to get away with
We don't have either.. lol. Only PayPal and few coaches I spoke to don't accept PayPal. It suks to be here, man..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think the orals shouldn’t have been in for such a long time (it will be almost half a year like you said), but I understand the competition got moved back and at this point it is what it is - if you drop them now you likely will suffer some physique-wise, AND also not meaningfully recover lipids since you will be on Tren and such anyway until the show regardless.

The logical thing is to keep taking them I suppose, in light of that.

Just remember for the future, Stanozolol doesn’t belong anywhere except precontest time.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just here for motivation, sub'd. Can totally relate, "All to AM family, I have been away from this forum for a couple years now. Though, I sometimes check what's going on, with all what I was going through my personal life and career, I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to come back..."

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think the orals shouldn’t have been in for such a long time (it will be almost half a year like you said), but I understand the competition got moved back and at this point it is what it is - if you drop them now you likely will suffer some physique-wise, AND also not meaningfully recover lipids since you will be on Tren and such anyway until the show regardless.

The logical thing is to keep taking them I suppose, in light of that.

Just remember for the future, Stanozolol doesn’t belong anywhere except precontest time.
I'll definitely have a sit down with the coach (if I decide to stay with him) after contest for my offseason. With what I learn from here, I am sure I'll have better understanding of gear.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just here for motivation, sub'd. Can totally relate, "All to AM family, I have been away from this forum for a couple years now. Though, I sometimes check what's going on, with all what I was going through my personal life and career, I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to come back..."
Thanks for tuning in, bud. I hope things are better for you now.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Started in a new gym. The gym owner is a BB and has done international shows. He's helping me with posing and has assigned people from his team to help me out with mobility & full body stretching, a training partner to push me harder. Honestly, it feels good to be taken care. I haven't had a training partner for more than 3yrs.

Since I have started my cut this week and increased the Var and Stana dosage, my appetite has taken a hit. Is this purely coincidental or can these orals have an affect on your appetite?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Started in a new gym. The gym owner is a BB and has done international shows. He's helping me with posing and has assigned people from his team to help me out with mobility & full body stretching, a training partner to push me harder. Honestly, it feels good to be taken care. I haven't had a training partner for more than 3yrs.

Since I have started my cut this week and increased the Var and Stana dosage, my appetite has taken a hit. Is this purely coincidental or can these orals have an affect on your appetite?
Yeah they can. I noticed a pretty fast decrease in appetite last meet prep simply by adding 90mg Trenavar & 20mg Anavar on top of my oil.

Has there been food alterations in the diet to make it more filling? Added fiber, veggies, fats, less processed meat (whole chicken breast instead of ground chicken for example)?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah they can. I noticed a pretty fast decrease in appetite last meet prep simply by adding 90mg Trenavar & 20mg Anavar on top of my oil.

Has there been food alterations in the diet to make it more filling? Added fiber, veggies, fats, less processed meat (whole chicken breast instead of ground chicken for example)?
aah. okay.. Nothing in my diet has changed except for reducing the carbs and just slightly increasing protein by 10%. Not sure if it's the additional 10% protein causing this.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lost about 6lbs in one week. From the check-in pics to my coach, I have lost decent amount of water and some fat. Things are looking pretty good for now. I don't know if we will ad more tissue in the coming weeks. But, goal is to be conditioned when it's time to step on stage.

88days to go!

Pics taken today post Chest work.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven't been able to post anything because I have started to feel the struggle of a prep now. Tired, DOMS, less sleep. Cardio is now on Stairmaster for 60mins and it kicks my butt every time. Condition has been improving slowly.

I was planning on adding GHRP6 again after taking a 1 month break from it. Should I?

72 days to go!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unless you need added hunger to get through your meals, I would NOT add the GHRP6 in during a cut.

Looking great man!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unless you need added hunger to get through your meals, I would NOT add the GHRP6 in during a cut.

Looking great man!
I can manage hunger if it can help me cut down some fat. Does it?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today I did a pose down with another competitor.. Conditioning wise, I look better. But, I definitely need to add more size next time if I have to stand next to the big boys..

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a nationals qualification coming up on 19th December and if I qualify, nationals is from 6th to 8th Jan.
Coach asked me to stop GH 30days before comp day. I read that 7-10 days or max 2 weeks is enough depending on how much water I am holding. Should I still follow 30days?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have a nationals qualification coming up on 19th December and if I qualify, nationals is from 6th to 8th Jan.
Coach asked me to stop GH 30days before comp day. I read that 7-10 days or max 2 weeks is enough depending on how much water I am holding. Should I still follow 30days?
i would have thought 2 weeks but your paying this guy and following the other protocols so I think you gotta go with him. Maybe he wants to have a couple of weeks to adjust after seeing the result if it cleared out 🤷

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven't been able to post anything because I have started to feel the struggle of a prep now. Tired, DOMS, less sleep. Cardio is now on Stairmaster for 60mins and it kicks my butt every time. Condition has been improving slowly.

I was planning on adding GHRP6 again after taking a 1 month break from it. Should I?

72 days to go!!
View attachment 209854
View attachment 209855
Wow, looking great man! Those shoulders are really popping! Nice 3D roundness going on.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i would have thought 2 weeks but your paying this guy and following the other protocols so I think you gotta go with him. Maybe he wants to have a couple of weeks to adjust after seeing the result if it cleared out 🤷
Yup.. you're right.. I will stop when he asks me to stop. Thanks Whisky..

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for responding to the replies late. My schedule with work and 2x training and 2x cardio a day has been killing me. But, I am putting in the work..

Yesterday I think I had a really bad episode of hypoglycemia. Finished my training and cardio and I was shivering and feeling disoriented. Somehow drove back home. I had a protein shake and 100gms of pineapple. Didn't help. I planted my face into the rice cooker and just ate some rice like a dog and within minutes I passed out or blacked out in the kitchen ( I don't know which one). Woke up I think after 15-20mins and I had bit my tongue accidently.. That was scary.. I will be taking a piece of chocolate and a protein shake to the gym going forward.

Pics taken for IG. Will post check-in pics in the coming days. Getting a bit more detailed and drier.. Chest fibers have started to come out just a bit..

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t know if you can get them where you live, but in the US they sell glucose tabs in the pharmacy sections of stores. They are very cheap and work better/faster than even honey. We use them during lifting competitions for precise and near instant blood sugar manipulation, and I always keep in my gym bag for emergencies like that. You just chew them up, and they can be stored in heat or cold fine.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t know if you can get them where you live, but in the US they sell glucose tabs in the pharmacy sections of stores. They are very cheap and work better/faster than even honey. We use them during lifting competitions for precise and near instant blood sugar manipulation, and I always keep in my gym bag for emergencies like that. You just chew them up, and they can be stored in heat or cold fine.
My intra workout has 25gms of dextrose and still it wasn't enough to keep my blood sugar leveled. Yup, we get glucose tabs and powder here OTC. Never thought of that though.. thanks Hyde.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I saw you guys mention ghrp6 for cutting and was wondering why you wouldn't use HGH frag instead?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I saw you guys mention ghrp6 for cutting and was wondering why you wouldn't use HGH frag instead?
I just have an unused one from my offseason. Wanted to know if it can be used.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some pics from today's check-in. I have about 10+ pounds more to reduce. Will be competing at 75kgs (165lbs) or slightly below. My back, hams and glutes needs a lot of work. Anything else you all see? Please critic. It will help.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have a good upper back to me, proportionately. The hamstrings and glutes definitely need to be brought up, because they’re going to keep shrinking as you peel fat off and they’re already small in comparison to the rest of your presentation.

You look like you would benefit most to put in some serious work on RDLs & GHRs. If you don’t have access to a GHD machine, look up Nordic Hamstring/Leg Curls where you wedge your ankles under a rack or gym equipment, in a Pulldown station facing away with a broomstick to push off/stability, or have a partner hold your ankles while you are kneeling on a mat.

The Nordic curls are a harder heavier movement usually than using a GHD machine, so be warmed up & hydrated well for them so you don’t cramp up or risk a hamstring pull. You can do a push-up off the floor if you are too weak to start the movement without them - focus on a controlled tempo negative after the powerful contraction up.

The RDLs will hit the glutes & erectors hard along with the hamstrings, and they will use less load than a proper deadlift so your core will grow less, and they also takes the quads out of the equation (which you already have plenty).

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You have a good upper back to me, proportionately. The hamstrings and glutes definitely need to be brought up, because they’re going to keep shrinking as you peel fat off and they’re already small in comparison to the rest of your presentation.

You look like you would benefit most to put in some serious work on RDLs & GHRs. If you don’t have access to a GHD machine, look up Nordic Hamstring/Leg Curls where you wedge your ankles under a rack or gym equipment, in a Pulldown station facing away with a broomstick to push off/stability, or have a partner hold your ankles while you are kneeling on a mat.

The Nordic curls are a harder heavier movement usually than using a GHD machine, so be warmed up & hydrated well for them so you don’t cramp up or risk a hamstring pull. You can do a push-up off the floor if you are too weak to start the movement without them - focus on a controlled tempo negative after the powerful contraction up.

The RDLs will hit the glutes & erectors hard along with the hamstrings, and they will use less load than a proper deadlift so your core will grow less, and they also takes the quads out of the equation (which you already have plenty).
My current program a separate Hamstring day and it has RDLs. I switch between DB and BB every week. Tried the Nordic Hamstring curl and fell flat on the ground.. lol. definitely have to try harder..

I am actually very insecure about my glutes since that looks like a softball.. hahaha.. I'll start doing hip thrusts from next week on and see if that helps. Not a lot of time left for my first show which is on Jan 6-8.

GHD and GHR.. what are those. sorry, I am not too savvy when it comes acronyms.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My current program a separate Hamstring day and it has RDLs. I switch between DB and BB every week. Tried the Nordic Hamstring curl and fell flat on the ground.. lol. definitely have to try harder..

I am actually very insecure about my glutes since that looks like a softball.. hahaha.. I'll start doing hip thrusts from next week on and see if that helps. Not a lot of time left for my first show which is on Jan 6-8.

GHD and GHR.. what are those. sorry, I am not too savvy when it comes acronyms.
A Glue Ham Raise (GHR) is the exercise performed on a Glute Ham Developer (GHD) machine, which is essentially the Nordic curl more comfortably and with the ability to go lower into a back extension. They sometimes have pegs to add band tension if desired.

I wouldn’t use DBs for RDLs if you need to greatly increase your load on them. Not if you want to get substantially bigger from them - they need to be the primary lift & you need to be handling loads that make you put all of your focus on staying tight and working. Use a belt to lift more and use straps to take the grip out of the equation.

Try the push-up blast-off on the Nordic Curls so you can train the negative for hard sets of 6-8. Just use less and less push-up force as you progress.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A Glue Ham Raise (GHR) is the exercise performed on a Glute Ham Developer (GHD) machine, which is essentially the Nordic curl more comfortably and with the ability to go lower into a back extension. They sometimes have pegs to add band tension if desired.

I wouldn’t use DBs for RDLs if you need to greatly increase your load on them. Not if you want to get substantially bigger from them - they need to be the primary lift & you need to be handling loads that make you put all of your focus on staying tight and working. Use a belt to lift more and use straps to take the grip out of the equation.

Try the push-up blast-off on the Nordic Curls so you can train the negative for hard sets of 6-8. Just use less and less push-up force as you progress.
Thank you. My gym doesn't have a GHD machine. I usually go slow negatives on all my workouts to induce more load on the muscle rather than just picking up more weights. My RDL working set is 225lbs+ for 10-12 reps. The heavier I go with just weights, it doesn't feel like I am stimulating the muscle I need. So, I just stopped going progressive overload with weights and just using different ways to load the muscle more.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you. My gym doesn't have a GHD machine. I usually go slow negatives on all my workouts to induce more load on the muscle rather than just picking up more weights. My RDL working set is 225lbs+ for 10-12 reps. The heavier I go with just weights, it doesn't feel like I am stimulating the muscle I need. So, I just stopped going progressive overload with weights and just using different ways to load the muscle more.
The reason your hamstrings & glutes suffer is because you aren’t pushing them to the loads you need to force them to adapt larger.

They look like those of a man who reps 225 for his RDLs. When you are doing 315, and so on, they will look like that. The glutes are the strongest muscle on the entire body - their job is to handle serious business. You aren’t going to build a set of iron glutes with an Instagram Bikini hip circle kickback routine.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The reason your hamstrings & glutes suffer is because you aren’t pushing them to the loads you need to force them to adapt larger.

They look like those of a man who reps 225 for his RDLs. When you are doing 315, and so on, they will look like that. The glutes are the strongest muscle on the entire body - their job is to handle serious business. You aren’t going to build a set of iron glutes with an Instagram Bikini hip circle kickback routine.
hahaha.. Got you..

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry for responding to the replies late. My schedule with work and 2x training and 2x cardio a day has been killing me. But, I am putting in the work..

Yesterday I think I had a really bad episode of hypoglycemia. Finished my training and cardio and I was shivering and feeling disoriented. Somehow drove back home. I had a protein shake and 100gms of pineapple. Didn't help. I planted my face into the rice cooker and just ate some rice like a dog and within minutes I passed out or blacked out in the kitchen ( I don't know which one). Woke up I think after 15-20mins and I had bit my tongue accidently.. That was scary.. I will be taking a piece of chocolate and a protein shake to the gym going forward.

Pics taken for IG. Will post check-in pics in the coming days. Getting a bit more detailed and drier.. Chest fibers have started to come out just a bit..
View attachment 210503
Looking really freaky man, great work.

Arms, traps and delts have improved a ton and you're recomping. Whatever you're doing, keep it up

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd agree on the glutes and hams, but are you sure it may not be an issue with you're posing?

Dryer in these ones
I am definitely drier in the front shots. But rear is a totally different story. Can you explain how will my glutes and ham losing fat and getting drier be an issue?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My constructive criticism...

Your lats look very wide from the back, but not from the front. In the front pose your arms dominate your upper body. I think it's more of a posing issue than it is a muscle size or imbalance issue. Glute and hams like everyone else said. Im no bodybuilding coach but I have a feeling if you come in peeled and have some decent posing to show off the strong points and draw attention away from the areas that need work your gonna do just fine.

Your looking great 👍

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My constructive criticism...

Your lats look very wide from the back, but not from the front. In the front pose your arms dominate your upper body. I think it's more of a posing issue than it is a muscle size or imbalance issue. Glute and hams like everyone else said. Im no bodybuilding coach but I have a feeling if you come in peeled and have some decent posing to show off the strong points and draw attention away from the areas that need work your gonna do just fine.

Your looking great 👍
You're right. My posing is crappy. The guy who helps me with posing has a style of posing and he wants me to do the same. But, I wanted someone who can help me with exactly what you mentioned; how to show off strong points and hide weaknesses. I know posing makes a huge difference on stage. Even though I am small guy, I know I can make me look bigger with the right way of posing for my structure.

Thanks, Smont..

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am definitely drier in the front shots. But rear is a totally different story. Can you explain how will my glutes and ham losing fat and getting drier be an issue?
It’s just the way you’re body loses water and fat. You may try super high reps for glute / ham exercises ? This can create more circulation in the area and enhance some fat loss. Definitely do direct glute work. Really try to focus and flex on each rep which will in turn improve posing

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You're right. My posing is crappy. The guy who helps me with posing has a style of posing and he wants me to do the same. But, I wanted someone who can help me with exactly what you mentioned; how to show off strong points and hide weaknesses. I know posing makes a huge difference on stage. Even though I am small guy, I know I can make me look bigger with the right way of posing for my structure.

Thanks, Smont..
Posing is weird and tricky. I can look at my buddy do his posing and Pick out what's wrong and help him fix it, but I myself can't hit the same pose lol. He's been trying to teach me how to pose better just so I can take better progress pics and before and Afters and it's super challenging for me. I can't control my lats at all, on the rare occasion I can lock them in they almost immediately start to cramp. When I hit a most muscular or a crab pose I get little spasms that look fine in pictures but in person my muscles are twitching like crazy through my shoulders.

It's definitely something that takes work to get good at

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Posing is weird and tricky. I can look at my buddy do his posing and Pick out what's wrong and help him fix it, but I myself can't hit the same pose lol. He's been trying to teach me how to pose better just so I can take better progress pics and before and Afters and it's super challenging for me. I can't control my lats at all, on the rare occasion I can lock them in they almost immediately start to cramp. When I hit a most muscular or a crab pose I get little spasms that look fine in pictures but in person my muscles are twitching like crazy through my shoulders.

It's definitely something that takes work to get good at
I agree. It does take time. You also need a guide who tell you how to accentuate your physique while posing. I am just going to keep trying. this is the way he wants me to pose side chest. But, I can pose a bit like how Cbum does (ok. I am not really comparing mine to an olympian..lol).. I don't like the way I pose side chest. makes my physique looks really tiny.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree. It does take time. You also need a guide who tell you how to accentuate your physique while posing. I am just going to keep trying. this is the way he wants me to pose side chest. But, I can pose a bit like how Cbum does (ok. I am not really comparing mine to an olympian..lol).. I don't like the way I pose side chest. makes my physique looks really tiny.
View attachment 210740
You mean chest more upright while using a slight vacuum?

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Surprised you didn’t tell him to use preparation h

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Surprised you didn’t tell him to use preparation h
Do you just troll? because I knew you were going to troll this thread towards me

prep h would be useful pre stage

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 210740
The way you are here, I feel like you could rotate your upper body/core more and be able to display more width as the back elbow gets brought forward.

I am no posing coach, but that’s an easy trick that makes a huge difference in the size presentation on side chest. I know it’s called side chest, but you really want to show most of the chest lol.