My bulking diet, Critique please

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
Im soon gonna start my first cycl d-bol and test E, and want to have everything in check, heres the diet ive planned after doing research
weight: 242 lbs
height: 6"3
Bf: 23-25 ish

Ill take one fish Oil capsul 3-4 meals a day

Meal 1: Oatmeal 100gr, 1 can of Tuna
Meal 2: 1 can of Tuna, 1 Scoop Whey, 20 gr Peanutt butter
Meal 3: Chicken Breast 160gr, Rice 40 gr, kidney beans 40 gr, Veggies(broccoli etc)100 gr
Meal 4: 6 Eggwhite 160gr, 2 yolk 57gr, whey 1 scoop
Meal 5: Ground meat, 25gr Peanut Butter
Post Workout: Protein Shake 100 gr Dextrose
Meal 6: Oats 100 gr, 3dl milk, Peanutt butter
Meal 7: 3 scoops Protein Shake with 2-3 dl milk and 20 gr olive oil

Kcal: 4078, Protein: 424, Karb: 331, Fat: 116

Critique please/opinions/tips

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
Anyone got an input? I really want to be sure on my diet before Starting..

uvawahoowa

Awards
Im soon gonna start my first cycl d-bol and test E, and want to have everything in check, heres the diet ive planned after doing research

Meal 3: Chicken Breast 160gr, Rice 40 gr, kidney beans 40 gr, Veggies(broccoli etc)100 gr

What is your training like? From a macro standpoint conventional wisdom would say to lower protein a bit and up carbs. If you can try and get some more veggies in there, that would be good from a health standpoint. Otherwise pretty solid

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
At 25% BF why bulk oO just wondering...the body isnt anabolic enough to bulk, I am going to ignore the cycle and anabolics...lets just consider the diet:

You are 242 lbs , which means by rules of thumb you need for bulking:

-1 to 1.25g of protein per pound of bw...
-.45 to .5g of fat by pound of body weight
-rest of the calories from the day must come from CARBS so if you are aiming for 4100 lets say, it should be (something like , it can be modified since some people are PARANOID of carbs lol) like this:

-240-300g of protein
-108-121g of fat
-450-540g of carbs

For 450g of carbs is if you used 1.25g of protein per lb of BW and .5g of fat per pound of body weight...for 540 its if you used 1g of protein per pound of body weight and .45g of fat/lb of bw...So I would just say AIM to fall in between those lines of tolerance for all and keep calories at 4100 with all of them so its not always the same every day...but keep the macros like that, of course its just my advice...

rricketts

Awards
You will grow with a much lighter diet with those chemicals. I don't know your dosage, but just assuming the average beginner cycle dose. I'd be weary to bulk at 20%+.

Looks like a good diet if you dont plan on cutting at any point. I'm probably being a little too negative, just not an advocate of the perpetual bulk cut.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
You will grow with a much lighter diet with those chemicals. I don't know your dosage, but just assuming the average beginner cycle dose. I'd be weary to bulk at 20%+.

Looks like a good diet if you dont plan on cutting at any point. I'm probably being a little too negative, just not an advocate of the perpetual bulk cut.
Oh no you are quite right , he risks diabetes , high blood pressure , horrible lipid and cholesterol panel, and all that without the AAS...now I am not gonna comment or butt in about the cycle ^.^ I've grown tired of preaching the same old stuff about it and people never listening, but if its HIS desire to be even bigger and grow a bigger BF % along the way , why not? As long as he satisfies his goals and lives/dies happy about it :) who are we to butt in ^.^

rricketts

Awards
Maybe he doesn't want to ever cut. If not, this seems like an excellent diet and AAS regimen for looking like a block.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Maybe he doesn't want to ever cut. If not, this seems like an excellent diet and AAS regimen for looking like a block.
I like the diet I gave him better ;p , but yes indeed you are right , if he doesn't wanna cut let him haha , he will be a big guy with massive strength

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
What is your training like? From a macro standpoint conventional wisdom would say to lower protein a bit and up carbs. If you can try and get some more veggies in there, that would be good from a health standpoint. Otherwise pretty solid
1 week A B A and then next week B A B and so on
A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Dips 3xmax(added weights)
Flyes 2x6-8
Dumbell press 2x6-8
Tricep Push Down(drop set) 3x
Reversed crunches 3xmax

B
Squat 3x5
Military Press 3x5
Rows 3x5
Chins 3xmax
Seated Dumbbell Press 2x6-8
Barbell Curl 3x6-8
Preacher Curl (drop set) 3x
Sit Ups 3xmax

And over 1 hour mountain walk every other day or so for cardio

Will add more Veggies, was thinking the same thing, and also lower the Prot a bit and up the Carbs a bit.

At 25% BF why bulk oO just wondering...the body isnt anabolic enough to bulk, I am going to ignore the cycle and anabolics...lets just consider the diet:

You are 242 lbs , which means by rules of thumb you need for bulking:

-1 to 1.25g of protein per pound of bw...
-.45 to .5g of fat by pound of body weight
-rest of the calories from the day must come from CARBS so if you are aiming for 4100 lets say, it should be (something like , it can be modified since some people are PARANOID of carbs lol) like this:

-240-300g of protein
-108-121g of fat
-450-540g of carbs

For 450g of carbs is if you used 1.25g of protein per lb of BW and .5g of fat per pound of body weight...for 540 its if you used 1g of protein per pound of body weight and .45g of fat/lb of bw...So I would just say AIM to fall in between those lines of tolerance for all and keep calories at 4100 with all of them so its not always the same every day...but keep the macros like that, of course its just my advice...
Thanks for advice, ive been cutting over 40 kg the last years and mars-april this year i was down to 216 pounds and like 21-22ish bodyfat, and tried bulked up natural but my diet wasnt in check so added just as much fat as muscle, if not more. So now i wanted to do it more clean now when i start cycling

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
Oh no you are quite right , he risks diabetes , high blood pressure , horrible lipid and cholesterol panel, and all that without the AAS...now I am not gonna comment or butt in about the cycle ^.^ I've grown tired of preaching the same old stuff about it and people never listening, but if its HIS desire to be even bigger and grow a bigger BF % along the way , why not? As long as he satisfies his goals and lives/dies happy about it :) who are we to butt in ^.^
I wanna grow Muscle ofcourse and going down some bodyfat at the same time, i definetly plan to cut when my cycle is over , How many macros do you recommend me doing? Like you wrote in the post i quoted Celorza?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I gave yah the macros and kCals up there bro, and Yeah I have input on your cycle , but I have been advised (properly and actually they are right...) That even though I know the textbook stuff for this :p I have not done gear or PH/DS thus I should not give advice on it :D!

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
View attachment 59286

Bodyfat estimation? Only pic i got on this one

Will be an average cycle, 30mg a day 4 weeks Dianabol, 500 a week 12 weeks Test E
I plan on cutting, should i just Eat at maintance or little above with macros more like Celorza advised? as i wrote above, my goal is to grow muscle and lose bodyfat at the sime time... But afraid of losing gains if i eat less but thats why i posted here so i can get everything in check before i start.

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
I gave yah the macros and kCals up there bro, and Yeah I have input on your cycle , but I have been advised (properly and actually they are right...) That even though I know the textbook stuff for this :p I have not done gear or PH/DS thus I should not give advice on it :D!
Alright bro thanks, ill do something like

300g of protein
-108-121g of fat
-450-470g of carbs

With the same foods(more veggies) if no one else have and input on it

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Alright bro thanks, ill do something like

300g of protein
-108-121g of fat
-450-470g of carbs

With the same foods(more veggies) if no one else have and input on it
Hm I dont get why much protein but sure , w.e works for you , just keep the levels of fats like that , fats have a required and ESSENTIAL level they should met and so does protein so as long as you meet them and take the rest as carbs all is fine.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Too much tuna add sum variety man IR you will go nuts. Add some fruit to for carbs

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Too much tuna add sum variety man IR you will go nuts. Add some fruit to for carbs
I did not check the diet lol , but if he has too much tuna Mercury Poison will take him down bad :p, and best fruits he can throw in are:

-Avocados
-Bananas
-Apples
-Oranges
-Strawberries
-Pomegranates
-Blueberries
-Raspberries

Vegastex

Vegastex

Awards

Mod Edit: Don't ask for sources.

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
Is two cans of tuna a day too much? I dont have alot of money so i think im gonna stick to it, was origanally thinking of throwing in 3 cans of tuna lol
Will add fruits, usually have a banana post workout.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Is two cans of tuna a day too much? I dont have alot of money so i think im gonna stick to it, was origanally thinking of throwing in 3 cans of tuna lol
Will add fruits, usually have a banana post workout.
Its cheaper to get a friend take you to sams and buy for around 25-30 dollars a pack of 10lbs of ground lean beef...or for 12 a bag of 10lbs of chicken breasts , frozen , boneless and skinless...hm there's bags of rice of 20lbs for like 10 dollars too...theres big bags of pinto beans of like 40lbs for around 30 bucks...how cheaper can it get?...

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
Not for me bro, im from the most expensive city(and prob Country too) in the World. And we dont have those food chains

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Not for me bro, im from the most expensive city(and prob Country too) in the World. And we dont have those food chains
Dubai? Luxemburg? Tokyo?

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
I think i will take a trip to Sweden and buy lots of meat before my cycle starts so i can eat better, its not like i really really like Tuna in can :D

Vegastex

Vegastex

Awards
Thanks Tyro!!!
Just down loaded this AP its all new to me.

Thanks again
Vegastex

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
Its cheaper to get a friend take you to sams and buy for around 25-30 dollars a pack of 10lbs of ground lean beef...or for 12 a bag of 10lbs of chicken breasts , frozen , boneless and skinless...hm there's bags of rice of 20lbs for like 10 dollars too...theres big bags of pinto beans of like 40lbs for around 30 bucks...how cheaper can it get?...
Those prices would have been f*ng heaven, In Norway Chicken Breast is like 12 dollar per kg Chicken Breast, and thats the Cheap one

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Those prices would have been f*ng heaven, In Norway Chicken Breast is like 12 dollar per kg Chicken Breast, and thats the Cheap one
Wow...a friend of mine actually helps me out sometimes , he works in sams and tells me when the meat is gonna go on sale because it gets close to the "either cook it or freeze it" date and instead of 30 dollars for 10 lbs of lean beef , I will end up paying 15 dollars for 10lbs :3

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
haha skinless chicken breast in NZ is around $19.00 per KG from a supermarket and skin on is around $15, depending on specials etc.

uvawahoowa

Awards
haha skinless chicken breast in NZ is around $19.00 per KG from a supermarket and skin on is around $15, depending on specials etc.
Geez I had no idea how good I have it...

rricketts

Awards
Bodyfat estimation? Only pic i got on this one

Will be an average cycle, 30mg a day 4 weeks Dianabol, 500 a week 12 weeks Test E
I plan on cutting, should i just Eat at maintance or little above with macros more like Celorza advised? as i wrote above, my goal is to grow muscle and lose bodyfat at the sime time... But afraid of losing gains if i eat less but thats why i posted here so i can get everything in check before i start.
Cycle looks fine. I ran the same combo during the winter but a little higher on the Test and kept 15 lbs. my diet principles have never changed, I'm one of those low carb guys. So I just tweak my calories. If I start putting on too much fat, bring them down until I hit the sweet spot. You can definitely put on mass without high carbs.

To cut from upwards of 25% bf, will take a long time if you did it the right way. Why not start a leaner diet now while you have the AAS help for gains?

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
Cycle looks fine. I ran the same combo during the winter but a little higher on the Test and kept 15 lbs. my diet principles have never changed, I'm one of those low carb guys. So I just tweak my calories. If I start putting on too much fat, bring them down until I hit the sweet spot. You can definitely put on mass without high carbs.

To cut from upwards of 25% bf, will take a long time if you did it the right way. Why not start a leaner diet now while you have the AAS help for gains?
If i can keep good gains i will definetly want to go for a leaner diet, can you recommend macros for me? Cut down on both Carbs and Protein how much? I thought i had things in check, but looks like i dont, glad i started i thread thanks guys!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
If i can keep good gains i will definetly want to go for a leaner diet, can you recommend macros for me? Cut down on both Carbs and Protein how much? I thought i had things in check, but looks like i dont, glad i started i thread thanks guys!
Make up your mind...bulk or cut? And stop being a chicken on carbs...you are on AAS for f*cks sake...I seriously get pissed off and neg idiots who go ahead and tell me "I am bad with carbs!" no...YOU ARE LAZY ON CARDIO AND PROPER TRAINING! period...only one person here in this whole forum can tell me he is bad on carbs and is AutoKal47 and no one else...seriously he has a GI disorder for the looks of it...if you do NOT have and and if you ARE on AAS then MUNCH THOSE CARBS DOWN...

rricketts

Awards
Make up your mind...bulk or cut? And stop being a chicken on carbs...you are on AAS for f*cks sake...I seriously get pissed off and neg idiots who go ahead and tell me "I am bad with carbs!" no...YOU ARE LAZY ON CARDIO AND PROPER TRAINING! period...only one person here in this whole forum can tell me he is bad on carbs and is AutoKal47 and no one else...seriously he has a GI disorder for the looks of it...if you do NOT have and and if you ARE on AAS then MUNCH THOSE CARBS DOWN...
Lolz

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
lol dude, take it down a bit you dont need to be a jackass to get your points and opinions out.
My goal is to build Muscle and lose some bodyfat at the same time then when my cycle is over i will do a cut with alot of cardio and proper diet, so i started this thread to get the best guidance diet wise for me to reach my goal. Im just taking what you guys are posting to consideration.
But yeah i have no problem admitting i have problems making up mind, and reason is this is my first cycle and for my bodyfat i have no idea whats best diet wise for reaching my goals on AAS!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
lol dude, take it down a bit you dont need to be a jackass to get your points and opinions out.
My goal is to build Muscle and lose some bodyfat at the same time then when my cycle is over i will do a cut with alot of cardio and proper diet, so i started this thread to get the best guidance diet wise for me to reach my goal. Im just taking what you guys are posting to consideration.
But yeah i have no problem admitting i have problems making up mind, and reason is this is my first cycle and for my bodyfat i have no idea whats best diet wise for reaching my goals on AAS!
For your size and stats , and with that cycle...dude you WILL lean out , just don't get lazy on the cardio and remember those macros , if you are gonna have a rest day , drop cals do cardio on it and it will make it a more successful recomp IMO , on rest/cardio days , calories should be dropped from CARBS , but carbs are still important on those days to glycogen restoration porpoises.

TyrO

TyrO

Awards
For your size and stats , and with that cycle...dude you WILL lean out , just don't get lazy on the cardio and remember those macros , if you are gonna have a rest day , drop cals do cardio on it and it will make it a more successful recomp IMO , on rest/cardio days , calories should be dropped from CARBS , but carbs are still important on those days to glycogen restoration porpoises.
Great bro, NOW i have made up my mind! :thumbsup: I will follow you advice, and looking forward to getting started!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
hahaha I have no idea why everyone thinks carbs make you fat.. I think people need to read more on their function and how they work and not base opinions on broscience..

adeadbodyman

Awards
hahaha I have no idea why everyone thinks carbs make you fat.. I think people need to read more on their function and how they work and not base opinions on broscience..
I think everyone thinks that because carbs do make you fat. Unless your active. Plus with the sucess of atkins, it's hard to deny the fact that carbs make you fat. Especially when people think "carbs", they think simple junk carbs like white potatoes, white bread, chips, soda, sugar,etc.

Also, some people are more susceptable to gaining from carbs. I am. I couldn't get my lower abs to show no matter what I did. I started a carb cycling diet, and 3 weeks later, WHAM. I had lower abs. Now I have a full 6 pack showing.

People are under the misconception that when you Bulk, it's an excuse to eat whatever you want, and gaining fat is OK. Why is it OK to gain fat? Aren't we in this to look good/be strong? I guess if your gearing towards a powerlifter/strongman, then a little fat won't hurt you. But why pack on any more than you have too? Even if you don't care if you gain some, still, why do it? You could be gaining just muscle.

"oh, I'm gonna start my bulk, pizza's and all you can eat, here I come. Because guys online say I can't eat too much!!!!" "Oh my, I"m fat now..."

Why not just eat right year around and be at your best all the time? Seems kinda silly to get fat, then thin out, then get fat, then thin out, etc. etc.

Mike

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I think everyone thinks that because carbs do make you fat. Unless your active. Plus with the sucess of atkins, it's hard to deny the fact that carbs make you fat. Especially when people think "carbs", they think simple junk carbs like white potatoes, white bread, chips, soda, sugar,etc.

Also, some people are more susceptable to gaining from carbs. I am. I couldn't get my lower abs to show no matter what I did. I started a carb cycling diet, and 3 weeks later, WHAM. I had lower abs. Now I have a full 6 pack showing.

People are under the misconception that when you Bulk, it's an excuse to eat whatever you want, and gaining fat is OK. Why is it OK to gain fat? Aren't we in this to look good/be strong? I guess if your gearing towards a powerlifter/strongman, then a little fat won't hurt you. But why pack on any more than you have too? Even if you don't care if you gain some, still, why do it? You could be gaining just muscle.

"oh, I'm gonna start my bulk, pizza's and all you can eat, here I come. Because guys online say I can't eat too much!!!!" "Oh my, I"m fat now..."

Why not just eat right year around and be at your best all the time? Seems kinda silly to get fat, then thin out, then get fat, then thin out, etc. etc.

Mike
Exactly my point about broscience. You do realise that any macronutrient has the capacity to 'turn' into fat? Weight loss is attributed to calories in being less than calories out. So the 'success' of atkins is based on this. Eating LESS than you burn will turn into weight loss. And note I said weight loss, not fat loss. Secondly, lose the term simple CHO, as this makes no sense. Yes, monosaccarides are 'simple' in that they are single molecule however glucose (with a GI of around 100 (enters the bloodstream quickley) and Fructose (with a GI rating of approx. 20(enters bloodstream slowly) are both 'simple CHO' in the sense they are single molecule but both BEHAVE and absorb at varying times.

Then you make the point that "some people think that bulking means you can eat whatever you want". I dont see what this has to do with the discussion on CHO. If you want to make a broad statement about CHO then I can do the same with Fats. Eating to much trans fatty acids or saturated fat, however people KNOW these are bad for you, hence why they avoid them. By the same logic they can also tell which 'simple' CHO's to avoid so your argument makes no sense.

And just FYI, the least likely pathway for CHO is fat, as the body needs to fuel for brain and muscle function.

I could go on and explain how proteins can be turned into fat when you eat over your calorie maintainence, or turned into glucose in the body (potential waste of amino acids but i digress).

adeadbodyman

Awards
Jiigzz,

Calories in calories out. Yes. What do you know of that has more calories and less nutrients of what you NEED? Carbohydrates.

About my abs experience, I was not eating simple (I mean quick digesting, and don't pick my $hit apart because the terms I am using are the most known and understood, even though they may not be "scientific") carbs. I have never been a big junkfood guy. I just know that everything else stayed the same, and I changed to a carb cycle diet. 3 weeks later, they all showed good.
Not like "oh the lighting has to be just right", I mean, they showed good all the time. If carbs don't attribute to fat or at the very minimum, slow down fat loss, then why did this happen to me?

I know that too much in and not enough out of anything will make you gain. I think everyone knows that.

"Then you make the point that "some people think that bulking means you can eat whatever you want". I dont see what this has to do with the discussion on CHO." Well, the title of the OP is about bulking, and "most" people that bulk eat everything in sight. So that's why I said that. I'm just trying to get the point across that there is no reason to get fat while your bulking. And excess carbs will make you fat, more and quicker than excess protien. FACT.

"And just FYI, the least likely pathway for CHO is fat, as the body needs to fuel for brain and muscle function." Yea, I don't believe that, this kind of thinking to me is "broscience", and has never been clinically PROVEN to be true. Another personal experience I did. About 4 years ago, I did atkins for 6 months. Here's how it went:

First 2 MONTHS were induction. That means less than 20 carbs a day. I was around 8.
Second 2 Months were about 20 carbs.
Last 2 months were about 40 carbs.

This is daily. I felt fine the whole time, other than the typical headache/lethargy during the first couple days. I did it just to see what all the hype was about, I ended up losing about 15 pounds (i would guess that some was water, and maybe 10 lbs of fat), but I was still working out during the whole thing. I also know of other people who have done low carb diets for over a year continuous. Thier muscles and brains work fine. Explain?

Also, atkins works. Plain and simple. And I am not convinced that you will lose muscle, as long as you stay active and utilize your allowable carbs to the best, (greens and veggies instead of bread and potatoes).
Show me a all carbohydrate diet that works as well as atkins?
AND, have you ever looked at the amount of calories in an Atkins diet? Ground Beef, steak, pork, etc.? It ain't low, I can tell you that. Yet people loose wieght all the time on it. For some, it is muscle and fat. Not all.
How many athletic guys do you know eat the same amount of carbs as they do protien? I don't know any. At least that do it as a normal regular diet. What's a bodybuilders diet like before a show?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/peak_week_carb_strategies.htm

I'm not here to argue dude, and I def. don't know everything about food. I just tell my experiences, and things that has worked for me and other people I know.
mike

P094743

Awards
Hey TyrO,

I think that the basics of your diet are a good start since none of "us" really know what your diet looks like prior to this or how well your body is going to respond to this cycle, which by the way looks like a perfect first cycle for great strength and mass gains. Supported by a reasonable diet, I don't see you being disappointed.

Just employing good principles and judging by your weight and bf, I personally like the higher protein than carb ratio. I would however tweek your sequence of meals.

Switch the tuna for the shake in meal 1 (yes 2 cans of tuna for meal 2). Your body will make better use of that shake first thing in the a.m.

Also switch meal 5 with meal 6. Better to have those carbs preworkout than later in day when you are close to bedtime. PB will do you better then as well.

Start with that and adjust as needed, remember it is your first cycle and probably not your last. Next time you will have a better idea of what worked well and what didn't.

Feel free to pm me as you make progress....or if you needmore help.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz,

Calories in calories out. Yes. What do you know of that has more calories and less nutrients of what you NEED? Carbohydrates.

About my abs experience, I was not eating simple (I mean quick digesting, and don't pick my $hit apart because the terms I am using are the most known and understood, even though they may not be "scientific") carbs. I have never been a big junkfood guy. I just know that everything else stayed the same, and I changed to a carb cycle diet. 3 weeks later, they all showed good.
Not like "oh the lighting has to be just right", I mean, they showed good all the time. If carbs don't attribute to fat or at the very minimum, slow down fat loss, then why did this happen to me?

I know that too much in and not enough out of anything will make you gain. I think everyone knows that.

"Then you make the point that "some people think that bulking means you can eat whatever you want". I dont see what this has to do with the discussion on CHO." Well, the title of the OP is about bulking, and "most" people that bulk eat everything in sight. So that's why I said that. I'm just trying to get the point across that there is no reason to get fat while your bulking. And excess carbs will make you fat, more and quicker than excess protien. FACT.

"And just FYI, the least likely pathway for CHO is fat, as the body needs to fuel for brain and muscle function." Yea, I don't believe that, this kind of thinking to me is "broscience", and has never been clinically PROVEN to be true. Another personal experience I did. About 4 years ago, I did atkins for 6 months. Here's how it went:

First 2 MONTHS were induction. That means less than 20 carbs a day. I was around 8.
Second 2 Months were about 20 carbs.
Last 2 months were about 40 carbs.

This is daily. I felt fine the whole time, other than the typical headache/lethargy during the first couple days. I did it just to see what all the hype was about, I ended up losing about 15 pounds (i would guess that some was water, and maybe 10 lbs of fat), but I was still working out during the whole thing. I also know of other people who have done low carb diets for over a year continuous. Thier muscles and brains work fine. Explain?

Also, atkins works. Plain and simple. And I am not convinced that you will lose muscle, as long as you stay active and utilize your allowable carbs to the best, (greens and veggies instead of bread and potatoes).
Show me a all carbohydrate diet that works as well as atkins?
AND, have you ever looked at the amount of calories in an Atkins diet? Ground Beef, steak, pork, etc.? It ain't low, I can tell you that. Yet people loose wieght all the time on it. For some, it is muscle and fat. Not all.
How many athletic guys do you know eat the same amount of carbs as they do protien? I don't know any. At least that do it as a normal regular diet. What's a bodybuilders diet like before a show?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/peak_week_carb_strategies.htm

I'm not here to argue dude, and I def. don't know everything about food. I just tell my experiences, and things that has worked for me and other people I know.
mike
Fruit and Vegetables are all forms of carbohydrate, so they are more nutrient dense than anything else. Your argument makes no sense. Secondly, you state that you dont believe that the least likely pathway for CHO fat storage. I'm telling you it does. And i know this because I study this. Nutrition is what I do, it is what I study.

You also state that you dont know any athletic people who consume more CHO than protein or fat, I could name Hundreds of thousands. Football Players, Rugby Players, Soccer Players, Spriinters, Distance Runners, Cyclists, the list goes on.

And I can explain how your brain works fine, specific amino acids have the capacity to be turned into Glucose (research Branch Chain Amino Acids) and fats also have this capacity (again, do some research).

Nothing you have stated is fact or backed with science.

Another fact for you, CHO is removed from a bodybuilders diet becuse CHO carries water with it, they remove it so there body doesn't appear bloated for competition.

Hayden, M.Ed Phys

My carb diet is an example of a perfect diet, the athletes I work with all have high CHO diets and they have lower BF% than many. Explain how this is so?

Heres some research for you to consider:
http://www.sfsn.ethz.ch/PDF/06_Jeukendrup.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10200063
http://ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/1641541/reload=0;jsessionid=9ufCgkxPlCh0ERmQOuR3.0
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9534081
http://books.google.co.nz/books?hl=en&lr=&id=MPifg8JSkFMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA66&dq=Average+CHO+diet+of+footballer&ots=EqPQ18HTuz&sig=CfdlV2mYZl0udhkxxlTBS0o2vyE#v=onepage&q=Average CHO diet of footballer&f=false

And for sports with high CHO intakes:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0899900704001169
https://www.thieme-connect.com/ejournals/abstract/sportsmed/doi/10.1055/s-2007-1024951
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/adis/smd/2001/00000031/00000004/art00003

Last edited:
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
^^ as well as my above argument, you clearly have some thought that excess protein will not store as fat, let me explain how it does. Protein that is not needed in the body (for repair, molecule transport etc.) can be converted to fat via deamination. This is where the amino group is removed (in which is then turned into ammonia and then into Urea and excreted via urine) (this happens because your body has no need for anymore aminos), What your are left with is a carbon group and hydrogen. The carbon group can then either be used as fuel (via becoming glucose, hence why your brain works fine), or STORED as fat. (of course this is simplification of the process but you get my drift).

Your body has a finite capacity for using Protein. And it can be converted into Fat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deamination

Poor source but meh.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Fruit and Vegetables are all forms of carbohydrate, so they are more nutrient dense than anything else. Your argument makes no sense. Secondly, you state that you dont believe that the least likely pathway for CHO fat storage. I'm telling you it does. And i know this because I study this. Nutrition is what I do, it is what I study.

You also state that you dont know any athletic people who consume more CHO than protein or fat, I could name Hundreds of thousands. Football Players, Rugby Players, Soccer Players, Spriinters, Distance Runners, Cyclists, the list goes on.

And I can explain how your brain works fine, specific amino acids have the capacity to be turned into Glucose (research Branch Chain Amino Acids) and fats also have this capacity (again, do some research).

Nothing you have stated is fact or backed with science.

Another fact for you, CHO is removed from a bodybuilders diet becuse CHO carries water with it, they remove it so there body doesn't appear bloated for competition.

Hayden, M.Ed Phys

My carb diet is an example of a perfect diet, the athletes I work with all have high CHO diets and they have lower BF% than many. Explain how this is so?

Heres some research for you to consider:
http://www.sfsn.ethz.ch/PDF/06_Jeukendrup.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10200063
http://ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/1641541/reload=0;jsessionid=9ufCgkxPlCh0ERmQOuR3.0
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9534081
http://books.google.co.nz/books?hl=en&lr=&id=MPifg8JSkFMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA66&dq=Average+CHO+diet+of+footballer&ots=EqPQ18HTuz&sig=CfdlV2mYZl0udhkxxlTBS0o2vyE#v=onepage&q=Average%20CHO%20diet%20of%20footballer&f=false

And for sports with high CHO intakes:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0899900704001169
https://www.thieme-connect.com/ejournals/abstract/sportsmed/doi/10.1055/s-2007-1024951
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/adis/smd/2001/00000031/00000004/art00003
Cho is only removed from a Bodybuilders diet for glycogen manipulation, high levels are added back in the day or days before competition for added fullness size and definition..

adeadbodyman

Awards
I will check out the research, thank you for the info. I am gonna PM you.