My brother's Test Cyp results are interesting

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
My brother is much younger than myself, and he has an autoimmune disease that I will not go into on here. Let's just say it kills a lot of people his age (he was in the early 40's when it was diagnosed). To make this story to the point of the headline, his docs scripted Test Cyp for him to help out about 5 years ago and they even encouraged to let it get him up between 1150- 1200 level, which he did for over 4 years. Due to the autoimmune disorder his baseline reading was 140 or terrible total test levels.

After a little over 4 years his triglyceride levels and other cardio risk factors were starting to rise, so he decided to go off the Test Cyp for a long time. He has been off the injectable Test for about 9 months now. His blood test showed his Total test levels to be still slightly above 700. Amusing as he did not use a pharm HCG. Yet many of his other health factors have improved, and he does take some natural supps that would help keep his test levels in good order. I'm not saying I understand this, but it is interesting.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
My brother is much younger than myself, and he has an autoimmune disease that I will not go into on here. Let's just say it kills a lot of people his age (he was in the early 40's when it was diagnosed). To make this story to the point of the headline, his docs scripted Test Cyp for him to help out about 5 years ago and they even encouraged to let it get him up between 1150- 1200 level, which he did for over 4 years. Due to the autoimmune disorder his baseline reading was 140 or terrible total test levels.

After a little over 4 years his triglyceride levels and other cardio risk factors were starting to rise, so he decided to go off the Test Cyp for a long time. He has been off the injectable Test for about 9 months now. His blood test showed his Total test levels to be still slightly above 700. Amusing as he did not use a pharm HCG. Yet many of his other health factors have improved, and he does take some natural supps that would help keep his test levels in good order. I'm not saying I understand this, but it is interesting.
Did the dr give him clomid or nolva or did he take anything when he came off? Did he taper down or just stop straight up from 1200 mgs?

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Did the dr give him clomid or nolva or did he take anything when he came off? Did he taper down or just stop straight up from 1200 mgs?
He was taking enough to keep his blood test levels at 1150 to 1200 total test, he was not taking 1200 mgs. His free test levels were also high, but I'd have to ask him where he was on free test. I should have made that clearer. He did taper down over 6 weeks, but used no drugs to come off. I do find this odd, but my brother has no reason to lie or stretch the truth to me. I just wonder how much general health factors are an influence here as his health has improved vastly.

He did not even bother to check his test levels for over 8 months as he felt good. He was quite surprised by results. His cardio doc was convinced that he had merely tapered down and not quit the cyp. His doc pointedly ask him what level or how much of the cyp he was still taking and did a double-take when my bother told him nadda for 8 months.

I'm just reporting this as a curiosity.

vassille

Awards

Very interesting good post!
PCT is not a must..i mean is a good tool that helps but there are plenty of ppl who do simple test cycles and recover just fine without. I think the secret is to not go overboard with the dosages.
The other thing is that if one keeps the levels within range the test production doesnt really shuts down...still produces a little bit.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have to at least share what the autoimmune disorder is called! (we can google from there).

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
You have to at least share what the autoimmune disorder is called! (we can google from there).
I sent my brother an e-mail asking the name, which I do not remember. I talk to my brother a couple times a week and we exchange about one e-mail per week, but I will eventually find out what this is called again and post it.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
It took a while for me to get back but here is what he was diagnosed with, and it had gotten advanced and starting to be debilitating. Sarcoidosis -- it is not considered an autoimmune disorder by all docs, but his doc thought of it as an autoimmune disease. My brother used thyroid and blood sugar control to get back to normal, and also the test cyp for 4 years.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
The death rate from sarcoidosis is less than 5%. There had to be some other factors involved seeing that most pts with this get better without treatment. Unless in severe cases it affects the heart, liver, or lungs which in that case they would need a transplant.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
The death rate from sarcoidosis is less than 5%. There had to be some other factors involved seeing that most pts with this get better without treatment. Unless in severe cases it affects the heart, liver, or lungs which in that case they would need a transplant.
Yeah, that's with early diagnoses, but once it starts hardening a bunch of organs and messing with bones, etc, then the harsh disability and death rates are higher. Depends on how advanced it gets and yes, what other factors are involved. Autoimmune disorders come in clumps and groups, so wiki stats are not representative of all the facts. Someone that also worked at an earlier time at the place my brother works, died at the ripe old age of 46 after 3 years of terrible disability.

But this is not my disease and I dd not intend to even say this much about it. My brother was having major problems and he felt he was in bad trouble.