Unanswered MuscleTech Phase 8 - 6 different protein

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4.5lbs (2.1kgs) for $45 USD. Thought's on this product? This is very cheap here in Sweden. They have 30% off all MuscleaTech products. Any of you guys have experiance? Which products to get? Good blend? Scam or bang for buck? Overall thoughts on MuscleTech products?
Screenshot_20190425-135748.jpeg
Screenshot_20190425-135705.jpeg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If they are at a good price i'd say give them a shot and try them out. I'ved used phase 8 before when it was on sale and the taste is fine. The texture when mixing is a little thick but worth a try.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If they are at a good price i'd say give them a shot and try them out. I'ved used phase 8 before when it was on sale and the taste is fine. The texture when mixing is a little thick but worth a try.
I'll try it! Anything else I should consider ordering from MuscleTech while I'm at it? I'm paying for shipment I believe so I might aswell get something beside it (or anything else from any other brand).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll try it! Anything else I should consider ordering from MuscleTech while I'm at it? I'm paying for shipment I believe so I might aswell get something beside it (or anything else from any other brand). I've got a tub of Gold Standard atm. Already have BCAAs, creatine, fish oil, PWO, ZMA etc. I might need a new multivitamin since mine tastes like absolute shajze and smells HORRIBLE!

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll try it! Anything else I should consider ordering from MuscleTech while I'm at it? I'm paying for shipment I believe so I might aswell get something beside it (or anything else from any other brand). I've got a tub of Gold Standard atm. Already have BCAAs, creatine, fish oil, PWO, ZMA etc. I might need a new multivitamin since mine tastes like absolute shajze and smells HORRIBLE!

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i believe muscletech has a multi vitamin with their platinum series that you could pick up.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is also the protein common associated with protein spiking
its pure garbage and they had a lawsuit in regards to it where the company owed over $1,000,000 back to their consumers for false labeling.

You get what you pay for.. You want to buy cheap garbage you will get it in return

Phase 8 contains both Taurine and Glycine. both used to up protein content but not ACTUAL protein content.

Their whole company had countless products that did not meet label claims

The offending “spiked” products:
MuscleTech
  • MuscleTech MassTech Performance Series
  • MuscleTech MassTech
  • MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series
  • MuscleTech Phase8 Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Anabolic Halo Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Nitro Isolate 65 Pro Series
Six Star
  • Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Plus Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Casein Elite Series
  • Six Star Casein Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Elite Series
  • Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Mass Gainer Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Recovery Protein Elite Series
  • Six Star 100% Whey Isolate Protein Gel
  • Six Star Protein Bars
EPIQ
  • EPIQ Isolate
  • EPIQ Gainer
fuel: one
  • fuel:eek:ne Complex-1

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is also the protein common associated with protein spiking
its pure garbage and they had a lawsuit in regards to it where the company owed over $1,000,000 back to their consumers for false labeling.

You get what you pay for.. You want to buy cheap garbage you will get it in return

Phase 8 contains both Taurine and Glycine. both used to up protein content but not ACTUAL protein content.

Their whole company had countless products that did not meet label claims

The offending “spiked” products:
MuscleTech
  • MuscleTech MassTech Performance Series
  • MuscleTech MassTech
  • MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series
  • MuscleTech Phase8 Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Anabolic Halo Performance Series
  • MuscleTech Nitro Isolate 65 Pro Series
Six Star
  • Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Plus Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Elite Series
  • Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Casein Elite Series
  • Six Star Casein Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Elite Series
  • Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Mass Gainer Professional Strength Elite Series
  • Six Star Recovery Protein Elite Series
  • Six Star 100% Whey Isolate Protein Gel
  • Six Star Protein Bars
EPIQ
  • EPIQ Isolate
  • EPIQ Gainer
fuel: one
  • fuel:eek:ne Complex-1
So how badly is it "spiked" and is that confirmed? Like 100%? So Epiq Iso is the best? Damn. I really looked forward to this Phase8. It looked promising pricewise, reviewwise and the fact that it had 6 different time releasing proteins in it. I was literally putting my adress info in my cart haha.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So how badly is it "spiked" and is that confirmed? Like 100%? So Epiq Iso is the best? Damn. I really looked forward to this Phase8. It looked promising pricewise, reviewwise and the fact that it had 6 different time releasing proteins in it. I was literally putting my adress info in my cart haha.
Did you even bother to read the article? My guess is no
Yes its spiked
Epiq is spike
the entire list i just wrote out was found guilty of protein spiking hence the 2.5 million dollar lawsuit

Take 5 minutes and read the article. Don't base your decision off just seeing a sale, or else you may end up buying garbage if the price is low. There is a reason a lot of companies can provide such "Hefty" Discounts and constantly have products on BOGO. When the COA and 3rd paty tests come out then you wonder why they fall silent.

Most people on here are not educated enough to actually taket he time to look into a product before buying it. I can find you tons of cheap proteins. Does not always mean they are quality or worth your money when they don't meet the label claims and use low grade aminos to bufer their protein intake.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you even bother to read the article? My guess is no
Yes its spiked
Epiq is spike
the entire list i just wrote out was found guilty of protein spiking hence the 2.5 million dollar lawsuit

Take 5 minutes and read the article. Don't base your decision off just seeing a sale, or else you may end up buying garbage if the price is low. There is a reason a lot of companies can provide such "Hefty" Discounts and constantly have products on BOGO. When the COA and 3rd paty tests come out then you wonder why they fall silent.

Most people on here are not educated enough to actually taket he time to look into a product before buying it. I can find you tons of cheap proteins. Does not always mean they are quality or worth your money when they don't meet the label claims and use low grade aminos to bufer their protein intake.
Thanks I appriciate the help. So if Im correct ~4g of aminos added to this... So only 22g of protein per 150 kcal which means 62 "unnessecary" kcal per scoop. Thats a content of 59% protein (glycin, taurine etc not included). Out of the rest of the content 11% is glycine and taurine. I think taurine has it's place with hard training and alot of stims. So conclusion? At a cheap price like this? To also get the 6 protein release benefit. Take maybe a little more than "1 serving" to get the "desired benefit?" What would the ideal product look like? If we take away the glycin and taurine, would it be "perfect"? If so, I think I still might give it a go. Its not like its 4g of carbs were speakinf about. Not 2gs of fat. Just 4gs of aminos, which some say there even aint evidence or studies indicating its negative in a whey here? Just their way of fooling people to thinking its something its not? But is that really bad? I dont think so. And at this cost? With the good reviews? Why not..? Thoughts on this?
Screenshot_20190425-154209.jpeg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its under 22g/serving
If you want to support unlawful practice and companies who cut corners you can buy it. That is your money you are free to do as you wish. Just letting you know you do not get what is on the label. Just like many others found guilty of the same practice.

I don't trust the reviews you read on a major retailers webpage because most of the time its their own reps or fanboys who are blowing smoke and giving subpar reviews. None the less the legendary 1-2 line reviews of it tastes good, will buy again. Which provides 0 detail to an average consumer who wants a legit review.

These date all the way back to 2014, and there have been dozens more since then ... Len & Larry cookies, Innovate, MuscleTech and plenty of other protein snacks and protein powders

Class action lawsuits have been filed against brands
Several class action lawsuits have been filed against various brands, and several more are on the way. This section will be updated with all known suits:

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its under 22g/serving
If you want to support unlawful practice and companies who cut corners you can buy it. That is your money you are free to do as you wish. Just letting you know you do not get what is on the label. Just like many others found guilty of the same practice.

I don't trust the reviews you read on a major retailers webpage because most of the time its their own reps or fanboys who are blowing smoke and giving subpar reviews. None the less the legendary 1-2 line reviews of it tastes good, will buy again. Which provides 0 detail to an average consumer who wants a legit review.

These date all the way back to 2014, and there have been dozens more since then ... Len & Larry cookies, Innovate, MuscleTech and plenty of other protein snacks and protein powders

Class action lawsuits have been filed against brands
Several class action lawsuits have been filed against various brands, and several more are on the way. This section will be updated with all known suits:
Found this. There is a new formula. 7 proteins instead of 6 and this time no added glycine and taurine. Not even on the label. Thoughts? Which protein blend would YOU recommend if you could pick it for absolutely FREE? Dont take money in consideration
Screenshot_20190425-163300.jpeg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Which protein blend would YOU recommend if you could pick it for absolutely FREE? Dont take money in consideration
This has nothing to do with your first question on buying a spiked protein powder, and a company that practices unlawful tactics on giving consumers what is not on their label.
Like I said if you want to give the company your business and money that is up to you.
I personally would choose other wise and spend a little more money from a different brand and product that meets a COA/3rd party test.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This has nothing to do with your first question on buying a spiked protein powder, and a company that practices unlawful tactics on giving consumers what is not on their label.
Like I said if you want to give the company your business and money that is up to you.
I personally would choose other wise and spend a little more money from a different brand and product that meets a COA/3rd party test.
So any brand you would recommend? And do you approve the new formula?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So any brand you would recommend? And do you approve the new formula?
If cost is not an issue:
XF 2.0 (LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, Chocoalte Mint)
MSI Lean Whey (Lean Charms, Oatmeal Cookie etc...)
Ghost Whey
Beverly UMP (CNC is amazing)
Metabolic Nutrition (PB Cookie is GOAT)

A little costly but not breaking the bank:
MTS (Pumpkin, Red Velvet, PB CnC, CnC, Triple Aussie Biscuit)
Nutrabio
Iforce Protean (Blueberry & RV)
Sparta Nutririon (Cinna Crunch and PB Cups)

Cost Effective:
Cellucor (Cinn Swirl, Choc PB, Molten Chocolate)
PES (Vanilla, WCM, PB Cookie, SnickerDoodle)
Animal Whey (Banana, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream)
Rule 1 (Banana, Fudge Brownie, Red Velvet, Pumpkin)

Isolate:
Xtend Pro (Chocolate and Vanilla are my favorites)
MAN Sports Iso (All the flavors are great I have tried)
Dymatize Iso-100 (Birthday Cake, Orange Cream, PB, Choc PB)
Gaspari Precision (Blueberry, Neo, CTC)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion
Ghost Vegan

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you don't have access to the protein list which Solution mentioned, give Phase8 a try. No company in their right mind would do the same mistake again which got them in trouble. Muscletech has already removed these amino acids from their product. This is their new label.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I thought they reformulated like said above. i knew about all the spiking etc. I guess that's a good thing to check and make sure the one you're thinking about buying that is cheap is the updated label/formula.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought they reformulated like said above. i knew about all the spiking etc. I guess that's a good thing to check and make sure the one you're thinking about buying that is cheap is the updated label/formula.
I ordered it. However in the pic that they have on their site, it's the old formula (can be seen by checking "amounts of proteins (6 here)). But I contacted them and they confirmed theirs had 7 different proteins and no glycine and taurine on the label. Hopefully it's the right one! I think it will promote growth as long as diet, training and sleep etc is perfect, even if it's the old formula...
Screenshot_20190425-135748.jpeg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Let us know how you like it!

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
4.5lbs (2.1kgs) for $45 USD. Thought's on this product? This is very cheap here in Sweden. They have 30% off all MuscleaTech products. Any of you guys have experiance? Which products to get? Good blend? Scam or bang for buck? Overall thoughts on MuscleTech products? View attachment 182199View attachment 182200
If you live in Sweden get some of the clean protein powders they have there. Svenska protein pulver är mkt bättre, kanske inte smakar lika gott men med bättre ingredienser. MuscleTech är skit

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you live in Sweden get some of the clean protein powders they have there. Svenska protein pulver är mkt bättre, kanske inte smakar lika gott men med bättre ingredienser. MuscleTech är skit
Har alltid tyckt Star Nutritiona eget protein varit grymt! Funderar på något av dessa inför framtiden:
Screenshot_20190425-172900.jpeg
Screenshot_20190425-173241.jpeg
Screenshot_20190425-172315.jpeg

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Muscletech proteins are not spiked anymore so there is nothing to worry about. But like @The Solution said it’s hard to give business a company that was ripping off its customers knowingly. But also you have to save money yourself and for the right price mind as well get it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The business tried to screw people over, got caught, and have now reformulated. Let's not give them props for reformulating, they did it because it cost them a heap in fines and negative publicity.

They were prepared to screw you once, and theyd have continued to do it if they werent found out.

The time release aspect us a marketing ploy.

It is a good price though so if you dont really care about the previous issues then its worth a shot

Last edited: