Muscle twitching, cramps on cycle - What exactly is the cause?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whenever I run orals in a cycle (Sarms, Roids, PH's ), I get cramps -or constant muscle contractions in any muscle after week 5.
What exactly is the cause? I don't get it from injectibles.
I imagine its an electrolyte imbalance, possibly paired with inadequate hydration - but WHAT is the cause?
Which mineral I need most to counteract it?
Any ideas? Any suggestions?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Magnesium is supposed to help muscle twitching, spasms, and cramps.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Whenever I run orals in a cycle (Sarms, Roids, PH's ), I get cramps -or constant muscle contractions in any muscle after week 5.
I imagine its an electrolyte imbalance, possibly paired with inadequate hydration - but WHAT is the cause?
like any oral/SARM, or only with specific ones?

I agree with YoungThor about magnesium. also taruine and potassium for similar reasons.

I think it might be E2/DHT related thought, too... depends on the compounds you're running, I suppose.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
like any oral/SARM, or only with specific ones?

I agree with YoungThor about magnesium. also taruine and potassium for similar reasons.

I think it might be E2/DHT related thought, too... depends on the compounds you're running, I suppose.
I got it from any of those: Wini, LGD, Osta, Var, D-bol, T-bol, DMZ, S-drol . Not from oral Trest, if I remember correctly.
I'm supplementing with electrolytes and taurine, with only marginal success.
What interests me is, by what mechanism is magnesium -or potassium lowered when taking roids?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I got it from any of those: Wini, LGD, Osta, Var, D-bol, T-bol, DMZ, S-drol . Not from oral Trest, if I remember correctly.
I'm supplementing with electrolytes and taurine, with only marginal success.
What interests me is, by what mechanism is magnesium -or potassium lowered when taking roids?
might be stress on the kidneys or liver.

do they affect your blood pressure while you're on orals?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
might be stress on the kidneys or liver.

do they affect your blood pressure while you're on orals?
BP is elevated by up to 15 points -but not more. I also do not sweat more than usual. Stress on liver and kidneys could be excluded. Did blood labs right after a T-bol cycle, everything was ok besides AST and ALT were slightly off -but not by much. Even potassium and magnesium were in range.
I admit that my water intake could be too low -but all my life I drank less water than most people with no ill effect. If dehydration is to blame, what is the mechanism that dehydrates you while on orals?

I'm eager to get to the root of this. A friend has the same problems.
It is very noticeable while showering and you reach for certain spots on your back, when it hits you, like while washing the opposed shoulder, the lats cramp up.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wouldn’t the increased metabolic rate cause a greater need for water and potentially lead to dehydration? The body is probably just cycling through things faster, including potassium and magnesium. That’s my guess. I’m on mk677 and I’m getting a lot of muscle twitching. I can’t stop drinking water, which is normal for me, but mk has taken it to another level.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn’t the increased metabolic rate cause a greater need for water and potentially lead to dehydration? The body is probably just cycling through things faster, including potassium and magnesium. That’s my guess. I’m on mk677 and I’m getting a lot of muscle twitching. I can’t stop drinking water, which is normal for me, but mk has taken it to another level.
Yes, that could be. You mean a heightened metabolism drains water and minerals... I never saw any study for that -but sounds logical, when one assumes minerals are needed for repair and whatnot.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm now doing a T-bol cycle again for 6 weeks while supplementing all kind of stuff to get rid of the cramps. Also upping water intake to at least a gallon a day.

John0

John0

Awards
Bananas

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
YoungThor , here I found something interesting:

https://thepeopleschemist.com/blazing-fast-hyper-hydration/

I have all ingredients at hand and gonna substitute part of the table salt with alacer "electromix". Lets see how that goes.
Interesting. I’m gonna try that out too. I’ve always been prone to dehydration and extreme thirst. People have pointed out throughout my life the extreme amount of water I drink.

They claim this concoction increases ATP too so it might increase muscle fullness slightly and it might be a solid, homemade preworkout.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting. I’m gonna try that out too. I’ve always been prone to dehydration and extreme thirst. People have pointed out throughout my life the extreme amount of water I drink.

They claim this concoction increases ATP too so it might increase muscle fullness slightly and it might be a solid, homemade preworkout.
It works!!! No more cramps! Woke up this morning with no twitching. I used part table salt and part powdered electrolytes.

500ml water
1 teaspoon salt -or electrolytes (look up: alacer "electromix" on amazon)
3 teaspoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin (get a gallon at amazon)

Now taking mixture to the gym for superior hydratation.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It works!!! No more cramps! Woke up this morning with no twitching. I used part table salt and part powdered electrolytes.

500ml water
1 teaspoon salt -or electrolytes (look up: alacer "electromix" on amazon)
3 teaspoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin (get a gallon at amazon)

Now taking mixture to the gym for superior hydratation.
This was on an empty stomach? How much potassium was in your concoction?

Newth

Awards
How often do you use stimulants?
I get a magnesium imbalance very easy.

Another thing can be a calcium/magnesium balance issue. We are supposed to consume about 50/50 but usually get way more calcium than magnesium, milk for example is roughly a 9to1 ratio.
Vitamin D3 and K2 can also effect this by helping calcium absorb better lowering blood concentrations helping more magnesium become available.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How often do you use stimulants?
I get a magnesium imbalance very easy.

Another thing can be a calcium/magnesium balance issue. We are supposed to consume about 50/50 but usually get way more calcium than magnesium, milk for example is roughly a 9to1 ratio.
Vitamin D3 and K2 can also effect this by helping calcium absorb better lowering blood concentrations helping more magnesium become available.
I'm very sensitive to stims, I'll take them only if lethargy hits. This "super-hydration" thing (sugar, salt/electrolyte, glycerol) is unbelievable effective. No more cramps, better pumps -awesome!

Newth

Awards
Are you still doing IF?

NAO1255

NAO1255

Banned
Awards
This was on an empty stomach? How much potassium was in your concoction?
Low Potassium (K+) can cause Low LH/FSH, many folks believe its the cause of Steroid-induced "Shutdown". See hackstasis threads for more details.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Low Potassium (K+) can cause Low LH/FSH, many folks believe its the cause of Steroid-induced "Shutdown". See hackstasis threads for more details.
Interesting. Pretty sure I’m dealing with low potassium.

Newth

Awards
Yes, doing IF on and off. El producto es alacer electromix, look it up. Had no effect on cramps without vegetable glycerin. Glycerol is a game changer.
This is what's got me about doing IF and drinking it.
Have you noticed any effect from the carbs in the glycerol?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what's got me about doing IF and drinking it.
Have you noticed any effect from the carbs in the glycerol?
Not much, its only a table spoon per shaker bottle. The add sugar is a good addition for intra workout. I take longer pauses between exercises and it fuels a great pump.

Newth

Awards
Not much, its only a table spoon per shaker bottle. The add sugar is a good addition for intra workout. I take longer pauses between exercises and it fuels a great pump.
I've been doing IF for just over a week now and took a big hit of MSG two nights ago. Next morning my calves were cramped, I had a headache and aching kidneys.
My hydration has been screwed since, this morning I couldn't hold any of the water I was drinking so I thought I would test this idea.
At lunch I went to the supermarket and bought an electrolyte powder and a low-carb high-protein bar(high-glycerol).
With in an hour I was holding another liter of water.
Awesome trick HGP.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
intramuscular water retention is one thing.. Superdrol is quite extreme and same with anadrol that's why you look more full in a good way.. sometimes you can't move your arms during a workout due to the pump. Cramps, numbness is very common.

The sub q water you mostly get from dbol and trest is directly under your skin (hence the bloat) and they shouldn't in theory be as annoying for the average person.

Winstrol shouldn't be as bad but we're all different.. It will of course dry you out and make you hard as a nail which can be annoying in its own way.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lol I have no clue why orals seem to cause this more than injectibles. I know this var is giving me some mean cramps though

Newth

Awards
Lol I have no clue why orals seem to cause this more than injectibles. I know this var is giving me some mean cramps though
Give this glycerol and electrolyte thing a try.
After 2 bad days of cramps and headaches from msg this helped me.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give this glycerol and electrolyte thing a try.
After 2 bad days of cramps and headaches from msg this helped me.
Don't forget the sugar for insulin response.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
p1nchharmonic Anabolics 4
p1nchharmonic Anabolics 5
Bulking 14
Training Forum 9