Muscle Pump And GDA's

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Could the lowering of blood glucose from using a too much GDA's/NP's cause a reduction in muscle power and muscle pump?

Cheers

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested as well. Unless taken with some carbs...in which case it would increase glucose uptake into the muscle itself if I'm not mistaken. In doing so would assist the pump.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
Whether or not strength is reduced I couldn't tell ya.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested as well. Unless taken with some carbs...in which case it would increase glucose uptake into the muscle itself if I'm not mistaken. In doing so would assist the pump.
I've recently reduced my carb intake and I'm taking 2 SlinMax Caps about 25 minutes before breakfast (1 hour pre-workout meal), which contains about 40g of carbs. But I've noticed a significant reduction in strength and pump since then and wondering if if it's the lowering of blood glucose that's causing it.

So, could low blood glucose levels reduce muscle power and pump?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've recently reduced my carb intake and I'm taking 2 SlinMax Caps about 25 minutes before breakfast (1 hour pre-workout meal), which contains about 30g of carbs. But I've noticed a significant reduction in strength and pump since then and wondering if if it's the lowering of blood glucose that's causing it.

So, could low blood glucose levels reduce muscle power and pump?
Totally possible

psgill91

Awards
I think thats so little carbs for taking 2 pills of slinmax one pill should be enough with 40 gms of carbs, i take about 60-70 gms carbs pre workout with 2 pills of slin max.. i get mad pump and strength is there in my workouts, as long as you carbs are around your workout i am sure they would not result in body fat if thats your fear.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I think thats so little carbs for taking 2 pills of slinmax one pill should be enough with 40 gms of carbs, i take about 60-70 gms carbs pre workout with 2 pills of slin max.. i get mad pump and strength is there in my workouts, as long as you carbs are around your workout i am sure they would not result in body fat if thats your fear.
I'm playing around with my macro timings and tried to space them out evenly across all meals, but if loss of strength and pump is a side effect of that then I'll have to re-arrange.

Just wanted to know if the low blood glucose thing was a possibility/ the cause.

psgill91

Awards
I'm playing around with my macro timings and tried to space them out evenly across all meals, but if loss of strength and pump is a side effect of that then I'll have to re-arrange.

Just wanted to know if the low blood glucose thing was a possibility/ the cause.
I have done the same, but i have seen one thing, if i do not include carbs pre and post my pump and muslce fullness doesnt stay for long, blood glucose levels not sure about that, probably someone experienced would have a better insight on that

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

It's a possibility, but chances are that the reduced carb intake is what is causing you to see less of a pump and have less power in the gym. I would try lowering your dose to 1 cap of Slinmax with each meal and see how you feel.

Since lowering carbs, are you currently in a calorie deficit? Also, what is your current carb intake? I always find a decrease in pumps and fullness regardless of the supplements I'm taking when I lower carbs and start a cut. Usually at about the second week into a deficit I really feel the lack of fullness from eating less carbs. I'd be curious to see what your calories and macros are though

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In short, yes these products will have detrimental impacts on your performance, strength, pump and overall hypertrophy. With more apparent negative impacts if you are lean and/or in a caloric deficit. This is also irrespective to the effects on blood glucose which aren't really of too much concern with OTC herbals anyways.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
It's a possibility, but chances are that the reduced carb intake is what is causing you to see less of a pump and have less power in the gym. I would try lowering your dose to 1 cap of Slinmax with each meal and see how you feel.

Since lowering carbs, are you currently in a calorie deficit? Also, what is your current carb intake? I always find a decrease in pumps and fullness regardless of the supplements I'm taking when I lower carbs and start a cut. Usually at about the second week into a deficit I really feel the lack of fullness from eating less carbs. I'd be curious to see what your calories and macros are though
4th week in to a 500kcal per day deficit.
Macro's are
45% Protein
35% Fats
20% Carbs

I know that's really low for carbs but for me the fat does not shift at all until the carbs drop.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
In short, yes these products will have detrimental impacts on your performance, strength, pump and overall hypertrophy. With more apparent negative impacts if you are lean and/or in a caloric deficit. This is also irrespective to the effects on blood glucose which aren't really of too much concern with OTC herbals anyways.
I'm already pretty lean but I got diagnosed with diabetes a month ago, so I'm having to re-evaluate my whole diet and macros with a lot of trial and error in an effort to control it AND stay lean.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
4th week in to a 500kcal per day deficit.
Macro's are
45% Protein
35% Fats
20% Carbs

I know that's really low for carbs but for me the fat does not shift at all until the carbs drop.
With those macros, I would definitely suggest only using 1 cap of Slinmax at a time. And the low carb intake is probably a large factor in your strength and power in the gym. Carbs are your body's preferred source of energy, especially when you are trying to move heavy weights with high intensity. Slinmax will help to utilize the carbs you're consuming, but keep in mind that strength and power will decrease some if your carb intake is significantly lower, and you're in a calorie deficit.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm already pretty lean but I got diagnosed with diabetes a month ago, so I'm having to re-evaluate my whole diet and macros with a lot of trial and error in an effort to control it AND stay lean.
Suggest staying away from anything which can effect your medication, especially till you get everything down pat. People really shouldn't be offering you advice at this stage.....

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Suggest staying away from anything which can effect your medication, especially till you get everything down pat. People really shouldn't be offering you advice at this stage.....
I asked.
Me and the Doc have pretty much got it down now...after a lot of trial and error haha! I've noticed that the SlinMax really does help control blood glucose levels, with two caps before meals I can take less insulin and still stay in the "safe" zone. Seeing as this is life-term anything I can do to reduce my iu dosages I'm going to jump at!

Mks123

Awards
Hey guys, i'm happy to find a Thread like this now :)
I took burn24 and slinmax since November 2016 and also noticed an decreased muscle pump and i didnt have the Full muscles.
But it Makes me leaner and I Never was bloated.... But then, i noticed that i lost muscle mass over the Time.

Now I know that the Berberine can cause atrophy and decrease proteinsynthese

Does some one Know a good GDA without berberine??
Does N2slin its Job?

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, i'm happy to find a Thread like this now :)
I took burn24 and slinmax since November 2016 and also noticed an decreased muscle pump and i didnt have the Full muscles.
But it Makes me leaner and I Never was bloated.... But then, i noticed that i lost muscle mass over the Time.

Now I know that the Berberine can cause atrophy and decrease proteinsynthese

Does some one Know a good GDA without berberine??
Does N2slin its Job?
follidrone2.0 , ala
esperienza personale

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I asked.
Me and the Doc have pretty much got it down now...after a lot of trial and error haha! I've noticed that the SlinMax really does help control blood glucose levels, with two caps before meals I can take less insulin and still stay in the "safe" zone. Seeing as this is life-term anything I can do to reduce my iu dosages I'm going to jump at!
Please please tell me that they recommended a low carb diet?

I always fight with nutritionists who prescribe high (low GI) carb diets for those with diabetes. It is absolutely nonsensical that they would recommend ample quantities of something you can not utilise.

Im not talking keto here, but rather a diet higher in nutrients you can process and lower in those you cannot

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I hate most of the popular GDA ingredients because of their ability to decrease protein synthesis and/ or block carb uptake.

Ive seen some interesting ingredients that have a true GDA effect, that is also demonstrated in humans.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I always say that!
Long ago, I used Burn24 ... for a time I used it for 6 months in a row ...
A real crap!
My muscles were atrophied, I felt dry, thin, but I did not like the effect.
Maybe it is more suitable for obese people!
Recommended in his time by The Huge ... what the **** did she do?
Hello hello!

Mks123

Awards
Wow, Never thought that People have the Same Problems like me with GDA.
Does the follidrone2.0 work well?
Miss the dry Look Every Morning :D
Are there other goodies without Berberine ? ��

Mks123

Awards
Wow, Never thought that People have the Same Problems like me with GDA.
Does the follidrone2.0 work well?
Miss the dry Look Every Morning :D
Are there other goodies without Berberine ? ?