Muscle Milk, Syntha 6, Isoflex, Cellucor, and Optimum Nutrition’s Proteins Tested for

maz5.0

Awards
that's why I feel is crucial to buy BCAAS supplements on top of proteins. I always had a feeling about something like this. Thanks for the upload.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get most of my protein from cow and chicken so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ha same here. Just sucks when you pay big money expecting something on a label and you don't actually get what you pay for.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Unsure on the full details of that it's lacking in much of any information also seen it was a follow up to a prior study also lacking in details.

Getting the bulk of mine from Lamb those Cows and Chickens can suck it O.O

pew pew :D

kn78

Awards
Makes me wonder about ON's Pro Complex now. Suck

They're a staple in my diet. Time for a new one I guess

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Muscle Milk, Syntha 6, Isoflex, Cellucor, and Optimum Nutrition’s Proteins Te...

Wow this forum has gone down hill.
I'm surprised you're surprised muscle milk and BSN do not meet their label claims lol. Most of us here don't use these proteins anyway. Lighten up. Why so serious

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm surprised your surprised muscle milk and BSN do not meet their label claims lol. Most of us here don't use these proteins anyway. Lighten up. Why so serious
It's less to do with those brands and more to do with the industry as a whole. A LOT of people here use Cellucor whey and I've seen a lot of the other brands recommended here as well. Do I use any of these brands? No.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
It's less to do with those brands and more to do with the industry as a whole. A LOT of people here use Cellucor whey and I've seen a lot of the other brands recommended here as well. Do I use any of these brands? No.
It is not even saying it's not meeting label claims with regards to the protein content it is claiming that the so called added free form amino's are not meeting claims but no full texts no testing methods mentioned no published results so we have not a single clue

A whole lot of speculation is taking place it's essentially worthless :\

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have seen a video showing Cellucor Lab's results on Marc's Youtube. where he holds the paper in his hand
it is pretty identical to this lab test ran over seas (czech) where most of the numbers come back in check.

Protein : 73,12/100g (+-1,75g)

Fat : 3,6/100g (+-0,1g)

Fibre : 3,45g/100g (+-0,28g)

Carbohydrates : 11,7/100g (+-2,3g)

Lactose : 2,58/100g (+-0,103g)

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have seen a video showing Cellucor Lab's results on Marc's Youtube. where he holds the paper in his hand
it is pretty identical to this lab test ran over seas (czech) where most of the numbers come back in check.

Protein : 73,12/100g (+-1,75g)

Fat : 3,6/100g (+-0,1g)

Fibre : 3,45g/100g (+-0,28g)

Carbohydrates : 11,7/100g (+-2,3g)

Lactose : 2,58/100g (+-0,103g)
This is good to see.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It is not even saying it's not meeting label claims with regards to the protein content it is claiming that the so called added free form amino's are not meeting claims but no full texts no testing methods mentioned no published results so we have not a single clue

A whole lot of speculation is taking place it's essentially worthless :\
The abstract has the testing method outlined. But you'd need to read the full text to get a better picture.

But alas, noone actually reads FT and just base their knowledge on the what the last sentence of the abstract says

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
The abstract has the testing method outlined. But you'd need to read the full text to get a better picture.

But alas, noone actually reads FT and just base their knowledge on the what the last sentence of the abstract says
The full text seems to be completely non-existent tho so :\

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, im going to see what I can find
Just seems like a lot of jumping the gun on speculation's without the full story

Glanbia is a massive massive company so Optimum Nutrition for example is but one single branch in the tree that is Glanbia, many many companies are using their whey ( they also own BSN - Syntha-6 which is Glanbia Whey ) many of which have 3rd party testing.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kind of pointless to speculate on any potential spiking based off this abstract.

We have no idea on chain of custody, purchasing methods, testing protocols, etc. additionally, until the full text is released and had a chance to be peer reviewed, this carries next to no credibility

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Just seems like a lot of jumping the gun on speculation's without the full story

Glanbia is a massive massive company so Optimum Nutrition for example is but one single branch in the tree that is Glanbia, many many companies are using their whey ( they also own BSN - Syntha-6 which is Glanbia Whey ) many of which have 3rd party testing.
Definitely.

Can't say too much unless that entire paper has been read

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
good ol' chicken, eggs and steak never let me down

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
This was posted by someone who works for/with Cellucor on another forum.

Unfortunately, it is impossible for there to be any thorough evaluation of the study's method, design, analysis and conclusion based solely on a blurry image of a poster presentation. But based on what we do know, this does does not appear to have been published in a peer reviewed journal. Most importantly, none of the samples seem to have been measured by comparison against HPLC analysis, which is the current gold standard. Therefore, despite the author’s attempt to utilize a novel assay and method for measuring BCAA content, any conclusions drawn from the data without a head-to-head comparison with HPLC are simply unreliable. Our protein products are analyzed by HPLC and consistently meet the BCAA content listed on our labels, which has been tested and verified by two of the most reputable laboratories in the country.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
This was posted by someone who works for/with Cellucor on another forum.
which two highly respected laboratories in the country? What makes the lab respectable? If you are paying for a test and request x amount of information, the lab will supply the results; no?

wonder if there is a list with non-respectable labs.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
which two highly respected laboratories in the country? What makes the lab respectable? If you are paying for a test and request x amount of information, the lab will supply the results; no?

wonder if there is a list with non-respectable labs.
I dunno I don't work for them and didn't ask just seen them post that along with few other companies chiming in seemed worth quoting

3rd party results have been posted by a lot of companies using Glanbia whey, search around even SAN uses Glanbia for it's Titanium Whey. If what that hack job claims was remotely true which I believe it not to be this would be way more far reaching than many may realize given how many hundreds if not thousands of companies they are supplying in both supplements and processed foods.

There is no full text nothing verified it is not peer reviewed or checked ( by anyone ), and looks pretty badly done as is It is a hack job. As Mike from scivation mentioned on the other forum this will likely result in some very large law suits by all of those companies mentioned.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I dunno I don't work for them and didn't ask just seen them post that along with few other companies chiming in seemed worth quoting

3rd party results have been posted by a lot of companies using Glanbia whey, search around even SAN uses Glanbia for it's Titanium Whey. If what that hack job claims was remotely true which I believe it not to be this would be way more far reaching than many may realize given how many hundreds if not thousands of companies they are supplying in both supplements and processed foods.

There is no full text nothing verified it is not peer reviewed or checked ( by anyone ), and looks pretty badly done as is It is a hack job. As Mike from scivation mentioned on the other forum this will likely result in some very large law suits by all of those companies mentioned.
agree,