Muscle Milk SUCKS lately

Anabolic

Awards
I posted this on BB.com. Thought I would post this here also.

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]I've been through tons of Muscle Milk and it is my favorite MRP.

I just got my order of Muscle Milk and it SUCKS. This time, I got chocolate and banana. Both of which I have used before.

The chocolate is noticably thinner and has less taste but still palatable. The banana is UNDRINKABLE. It is EXTREMELY watery and tastes like crap. I even added another scoop (3 scoops) and there is not much improvement.

Anyone here notice the same thing?

Is Cytosport pulling the old bait and switch like the Detour Bars? First make it taste fantastic and then when word gets around and the popularity increases, the quality drops!

It tastes so different, I doubt if tested it would meet lable claims.

I am so MAD!!!
[/font]

PoolMan

Awards
There has been no change in mine. Tastes the same, and has the same consistency as the first time I bought it.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I got one like that about a month ago and I called them, they sent me another one free and didnt even ask for the crappy one back.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I've never had a problem, but the last order was not too recently I guess... they do sound reasonable from a customer service standpoint, so if you get crap, I'd just call and say wtf :D (cause... that **** just tastes so daaamn good!)

Anabolic

Awards
Yeah, but I got it through DPS :(. Cheaper :D. I hate to have to return stuff. First, I have a dud protein that I can't use. Then, I have to go to the post office to return it. Lastly, I would have to pay for the shipping which they don't refund :mad:.

Cytosport has lost my trust!!!

:saw:

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I got it through DPS :). Cheaper :(. I hate to have to return stuff. First, I have a dud protein that I can't use. Then, I have to go to the post office to return it. Lastly, I would have to pay for the shipping which they don't refund :mad:.

Cytosport has lost my trust!!! :saw:
Did you read where ironviking said call CYTOSPORT? No need to return it, just call the company.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yeah dude, relax :D saw your post at bb too, I know you must be awfully pissed about this but try calling them first? the good supp companies are usually very reasonable and like almost all foodstuffs, 100% perfection cannot be consistently guaranteed, bad batches can happen, which is why they are usually so understanding ;) they also know that repeat customers and customer loyalty is a big issue in the supp field and must be taken very seriously, as there ARE so many shady companies out there, but once a guy finds one he likes he damn well sticks with it, sometimes for years and years

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I called cyto directly, their number is on the bottle. They just ask me about some numbers on the bottle and said they will ship me out a new one, they didn't ask me to ship the other one to them and they paid the shipping costs on the new one.

Anabolic

Awards
Thanks bros, I'll give it a try. I thought supp companies only give exchanges if you buy directly from them (way too expensive IMO).

Ironviking, did you order directly from them or from like DPS? Hmm, sounds like they know they have some bad batches... 

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I ordered from 1fast got two bottles one was ok and the other was really thin and tasted like crap

Jeff Rippe

Awards
YEP!  SAME HERE!

The first batch I bought last summer was great - then a month or two later I bought another one and it tasted like chalk - completely different and bad.

I called Cytosport.  They said that the bad batch may have been exposed to heat during storage.  Well, fine, but how can I control that?  It BOUGHT it that way.

I took it back and got another one.  It was different than the other two!

Don't buy it anymore.  IMHO, something's really wrong in their QA process.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i've gone thru about 3 or 4 tubs of this in the last month or two and havent had any prob yet. i jus ordered some more and will see. i usually get the chocolate. i buy mine from dps...

Anabolic

Awards
I received the two new bottles from Cytosport AND IT TASTES JUST AS BAD. This time the chococlate is even worse! I wonder if they just have bad quality control or they are cutting corners/ingredients to try to make an extra buck.

Very dissapointed with Cytosport.

Anabolic

Awards
Originally posted by Jeff Rippe
YEP!  SAME HERE!

The first batch I bought last summer was great - then a month or two later I bought another one and it tasted like chalk - completely different and bad.

I called Cytosport.  They said that the bad batch may have been exposed to heat during storage.  Well, fine, but how can I control that?  It BOUGHT it that way.

I took it back and got another one.  It was different than the other two!

Don't buy it anymore.  IMHO, something's really wrong in their QA process.

How did you take it back? Did you ship it?

When you said it was different then the other two, did you mean better or worse?

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
I received the two new bottles from Cytosport AND IT TASTES JUST AS BAD. This time the chococlate is even worse! I wonder if they just have bad quality control or they are cutting corners/ingredients to try to make an extra buck.

Very dissapointed with Cytosport.
maybe i'm jus lucky but i havent noticed any difference in the mm i've gotten from dps, 1fast or the powernutrttion (I think) where ucp-1 is goin for $15 for a coupla weeks. its always been as consistent as any prot powder i've gotten. not sure what to make of it. i jus ordered some more from 1fast so i'll see if it gives the same consistency.

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Originally posted by Anabolic

How did you take it back? Did you ship it?

When you said it was different then the other two, did you mean better or worse?

I bought it at a local store.  All of the bottles were dated xx/2004 so they should have been good. 

When I said it was different than the other two that's really what I mean't - it didn't taste like either one - but was something I could stand so I kept it.

Anyhow, the first batch I ever bought was great.  It was like drinking a melted "fudgecicle" bar.  Every batch I've tried since then tasted like chalk so I stopped buying it.  Maybe will try it again some day, but not now.

Anabolic

Awards
I'm curious for those who say that they haven't noticed a change in quality if they started using it after the quality has dropped. IMO, like Jeff Ripe says, the old batches tastes like a melted fudgecicle bar. The batches now are noticeably thinner as has less taste.

By reading my post it could seem that this change was recent but I don't know when this change occured because my purchases before this problem batch (chocolate and banana) was cookies and cream and strawberry and they were watery but I thought it was the way these flavors taste. It didn't occur to me until I bought flavors I have used before and could really compare.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
hhmmm...I just got some MM from Powernutrition and it is the same as the others that I have gotten. Stick with 1fast or Powernutrition for the good batches I guess...

Chemo

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I have heard that MM and also 100% Whey have both undergone a change in their forumla.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Matt...

100% Whey has changed the ratios of Whey Proteins....

Muscle Milk has added glycocyamine to their formula...

Boarder1

Awards
The banana flavor has become undrinkable due to its aftertaste.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Lovely on the 100% Whey. I haven't gotten a hold of a new jug yet. So I will see how it is.. thanks Sheesh

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Matt -

Oh I should add this about the 100% Whey, the ratios weren't the only thing that changed. Now you get 1 g. more protein per serving, they added a new type of Hydrolyzed Whey, there's more whey isolate than before, they've added Lactase and they've added Aminogen as well.

Quick note on the muscle milk - the problem with the mixability may stem from them switching glutamine to glycocyamine in the formula. Anyone who's had a creatine formula with glycocyamine in it know's that stuff isn't very water soluble.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
i use Cytogainer instead for the extra protein and carbs and fat and i've had no trouble with it yet

my last 7lb jug i bought from dps about 2.5 months ago and it tastes ALMOST as good as good ol musclemilk :)

i'm about to order another batch soon

onehawaiian

Awards
i haven't noticed any difference at all, but then again i onlyt use fat free milk. :)
i used to get mine from bb.com, cause freakin dps takes too long to ship to me.
but my new job is located directly under the cytosport distributor in hawaii and now he's my best friend. woohoo!

but yeah, don't see no change.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I've seen a change. But if you use a blender, there's no problems.