Muscle memory

Strangermim

Awards
So basically i did a 15 week test e + dbol cycle. My bench press went from 130kg to 155kg. Since coming off i started a cut. I have been cutting for 3 months now (without drugs) and i have lost a lot of strength. My bench max has gone from 155kg to 110kg. I intend to do another cycle in 2-3 months with test e and tren e. My question is once i start eating in a caloric surplus and using test and tren will i get back my 155kg bench quickly? If so how long do u reckon it'll take?

Ive only done one cycle and it was test e and dbol with nolvadex for pct. Didn't experiance any sides but arms grew from 17inches to 18.75inches. Now they are 15.5 inches lol. Will i get my arm size back quickly once i start bulking again?

Thanks

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So basically i did a 15 week test e + dbol cycle. My bench press went from 130kg to 155kg. Since coming off i started a cut. I have been cutting for 3 months now (without drugs) and i have lost a lot of strength. My bench max has gone from 155kg to 110kg. I intend to do another cycle in 2-3 months with test e and tren e. My question is once i start eating in a caloric surplus and using test and tren will i get back my 155kg bench quickly? If so how long do u reckon it'll take?

Ive only done one cycle and it was test e and dbol with nolvadex for pct. Didn't experiance any sides but arms grew from 17inches to 18.75inches. Now they are 15.5 inches lol. Will i get my arm size back quickly once i start bulking again?

Thanks
You should gain it back pretty quickly, when you cycle again, but whenever you finish a cycle you really don’t won’t to immediately go into a cut, especially if you’re not on TRT. You really should maintain the same diet and training as best you can, to let the new muscle and strength settle in and become established. And if you’re not on TRT, during and after PCT take good natural supplements to help maintain. Whether it’s one of the good test or anabolic boosters, creatine, Xgels etc. Sure you will still lose some of the new size and strength, but not as much as going directly into a cut. Actually a good way to cycle is, say you start with a bulk cycle with gear, afterwards maintain diet and training intensity for a couple of months, and then go to maintenance on your diet for another couple of months, but while still maintaining training intensity, except for when you need a deload on your training. Then on your next cycle do a cut and train and eat appropriately for that. You will be taking advantage of the anabolics, and get and maintain results much better.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A few things:

1) Everything @gphagan1 said was spot on. You will gain the strength back fairly quick on your next cycle, however you cannot go straight from bulking on cycle to immediately switching to cutting post cycle and expect to keep anything you gained. By the end of your cycle and into your PCT you should be eating more than at the beginning to make up for the added gains.

2) If you haven't done it, I would get your blood work done to make sure you recovered and there aren't any hormonal issues that could be affecting your progress.

3) Do not use tren for your next cycle. Get at least a couple of cycles right before you jump on that bandwagon.

Strangermim

Awards
How long after pct should I start a cut to lower body fat on my next cycle? Can I make strength gains straight after pct if I continue to eat at a calorie surplus?

Why do you think tren isn’t a good idea for me at the moment?
Alternatively I was thinking of doing Halotestin for the first 4 weeks of what ever cycle I choose to do hoping that I could get my strength back quickly so I can make new strength gains.

I found that test and DBol helped me pack on size but didn’t do anything extravagant for my strength because I could of made that 25kg increase on my bench without drugs in the same time frame.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A few things:

1) Everything @gphagan1 said was spot on. You will gain the strength back fairly quick on your next cycle, however you cannot go straight from bulking on cycle to immediately switching to cutting post cycle and expect to keep anything you gained. By the end of your cycle and into your PCT you should be eating more than at the beginning to make up for the added gains.

2) If you haven't done it, I would get your blood work done to make sure you recovered and there aren't any hormonal issues that could be affecting your progress.

3) Do not use tren for your next cycle. Get at least a couple of cycles right before you jump on that bandwagon.
Oh crap, good catch…I didn’t even see Tren in there for next cycle. OP Stacks is correct on holding off on Tren. As a matter of fact, I would suggest a Test only cycle at 300-500 to continue to get a feel how you respond to Test. And maybe at most add some Mast or Primo.

Strangermim

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys. Do u think I can get back to the 155kg bench press quickly without Aas?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Heres the problem that i dont think anyone has addressed yet. The size and strength you gained on cycle is not reflective of muscle gains. The reason your arms blew up on dbol is water and glycogen. In order to add an inch and a half of actual muscle on your arms, you have to gain about thirty pounds of muscle on your whole body. That takes a couple of years. Now strength and bodyweight go hand in hand, espically bench press. If i cut 30lbs in a fat loss phaze, Guess how much my bench press goes down? About thirty pounds.

If your in the early stages of cycling id stop worring about tren and dbol and pick something friendly to pair with test that you can stay on and maintain health for a decent length of time so you can build up that foundation of strength over the course of 16, 20, 24 weeks ect. Now, if you add thirty pounds to your bench over a long cycle like that, it's gonna stick around because you actually built muscle. But a 12 week cyclr with 4-6 on tren or orals It's gonna produce those types of cycles where you look good on cycle. And then it disappears when you come off. Guys on t r t can maintain it a little better obviously

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
6 weeks is a decent maintain phase after a bulk.

After a cut i think the maintnence phase is way less important

Strangermim

Awards
Is it okay to do test e only at 450mg per week for 20 weeks? Or is that too long?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Heres the problem that i dont think anyone has addressed yet. The size and strength you gained on cycle is not reflective of muscle gains. The reason your arms blew up on dbol is water and glycogen. In order to add an inch and a half of actual muscle on your arms, you have to gain about thirty pounds of muscle on your whole body. That takes a couple of years. Now strength and bodyweight go hand in hand, espically bench press. If i cut 30lbs in a fat loss phaze, Guess how much my bench press goes down? About thirty pounds.

If your in the early stages of cycling id stop worring about tren and dbol and pick something friendly to pair with test that you can stay on and maintain health for a decent length of time so you can build up that foundation of strength over the course of 16, 20, 24 weeks ect. Now, if you add thirty pounds to your bench over a long cycle like that, it's gonna stick around because you actually built muscle. But a 12 week cyclr with 4-6 on tren or orals It's gonna produce those types of cycles where you look good on cycle. And then it disappears when you come off. Guys on t r t can maintain it a little better obviously
This is true that when the weight comes off your lifts go down (glycogen or otherwise). However, OP is an extreme example of it. His bench is down about 100lbs. He's weaker now then he was pre-cycle. And it's only been 3 months post cycle. I don't want to knock OP but that is pretty much what I would consider a failed cycle.

I would run another test cycle and get it right before going any further. I would also want to make sure I fully recovered from the last cycle.

Strangermim

Awards
This is true that when the weight comes off your lifts go down (glycogen or otherwise). However, OP is an extreme example of it. His bench is down about 100lbs. He's weaker now then he was pre-cycle. And it's only been 3 months post cycle. I don't want to knock OP but that is pretty much what I would consider a failed cycle.

I would run another test cycle and get it right before going any further. I would also want to make sure I fully recovered from the last cycle.
Is a 20 week test only cycle okay? Or should I stick to 16? Will it make that much of a difference in terms of being shut down?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is a 20 week test only cycle okay? Or should I stick to 16? Will it make that much of a difference in terms of being shut down?
You can do 20 weeks. I would definitely recommend blood work mid cycle though. As far as shutdown, you're going to be shutdown either way. The question is always around recovery and that seems to vary from person to person but the longer you're on cycle the harder the recovery.