Muscle memory and fat loss?

MBZ

Awards
So after a long lay off (again) due to reinjuring they injury that took me out of the game in the first place, it looks like I'm starting back at square one.

Current stats are 177 lbs (down from 212)
14% bf (up from around 11% visible abs slightly covered)
5'11

Currently on 250mg week of test cyp (normal trt dose is 140)

My question is, if I eat in a very slight deficit around 250cals below maintenance a day, with high protein, is it possible to regain some of the muscle lost while lowering body fat at the same time?

I know that to gain you must typically be in a surplus, but givin that the muscle was there less than a year ago and with the increased testosterone I am curious as to if the muscles can return to previous size with the high protein.

Thanks for any input!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
It's possible to recomp but it takes longer.

I'd start at that slight deficit till you are more comfortable with your bf %.

Then edge up to maintenance for a bit, and in the last stage go up to about 200-300 cals above maintenance.

Using anti-catabolics can further help while in that deficit as well.

MBZ

Awards
Thanks for the response kboxer7! Makes since and probably safer to at least cut down to 12% or so before trying to gain again.

As far as using anti catabolics, would 250mg test cyp a week not be enough to keep anabolic with only a slight deficit?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response kboxer7! Makes since and probably safer to at least cut down to 12% or so before trying to gain again.

As far as using anti catabolics, would 250mg test cyp a week not be enough to keep anabolic with only a slight deficit?
I'm not an expert at exogenous test use. Perhaps someone more qualified in that arena can chime in.

If you wanted to go a different route, Ostarine was designed to prevent muscle waste.
yates84 has a great comprehensive thread on SARM use here on the forum.

OR natty:
- HMB
- high dose Shizandra
- Leucine

jaces

jaces

Awards
dont know much about SARMs but the starting dose for most will be 300mg a week of test cyp to have a real anabolic effect and not just replace normal levels.. but in the end the best way to find out is to test it for yourself

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Yes 250 will provide a good anti-catabolic response but you could implement a natural anabolic or hormonal for even greater support. It doesn't take much to maintain tissue as long as you are not doing anything crazy diet wise. Some laxogenin or ostarine would be a nice addition and will help immensely.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
So after a long lay off (again) due to reinjuring they injury that took me out of the game in the first place, it looks like I'm starting back at square one.

Current stats are 177 lbs (down from 212)
14% bf (up from around 11% visible abs slightly covered)
5'11

Currently on 250mg week of test cyp (normal trt dose is 140)

My question is, if I eat in a very slight deficit around 250cals below maintenance a day, with high protein, is it possible to regain some of the muscle lost while lowering body fat at the same time?

I know that to gain you must typically be in a surplus, but givin that the muscle was there less than a year ago and with the increased testosterone I am curious as to if the muscles can return to previous size with the high protein.

Thanks for any input!
Since you are getting back into working out, would your gains be considered newbie gains? When I started working out again, I was always in a defict. My theory/bro science is that I will gain regardless (to a certain degree), which I did.

Especially because your adding test.

Please understand that that this is only my personal experience and may not work for others.