Mulungu Bark Extract: Nature's most powereful gabaergic!!!

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Hello, everyone! You'll be hearing a lot more about this amazing extract in the coming weeks, as I am about to release it as part of a 3 ingredient formula designed to assist with sleep and anxiety. The product is called Stage-3Z.

This stuff REALLY WORKS! I know, personally. I've been testing it extensively...and I have secured what I believe to be the highest quality Mulungu extract currently in existence.

Mulungu is a powerful GABBA-A modulator (and also an endogenous melatonin secretagogue, which means no more issues with exogenous melatonin) that not only lacks the tolerance and dependence issues associated with prescription GABAergics, but actually supplies health benefits. In studies, it has equaled diazepam (valium) in its efficacy. In addition to its GABAergic effects, it also function as an inhibitor of the Nicotinic receptor.

Furthermore, studies have shown it to be a potent anti-depressant.

I've tried virtually every single natural sleep/anxiety substance available today...and I have yet to find anything that works as well as this stuff (outside of high quality, high dose kava, but kava certainly has some drawbacks that aren't for everyone)! This stuff is even more powerful when paired with synergistic Gabba Transaminase Inhibitors, which are also included in this product.

We've heard of things like Valerian, Ashwagandha, Skullcap, etc. Mulungu is far superior.

With many other sleep/anxiety products, what do we see? Typically, we see a bunch of different ingredients thrown together in low doses. In fact, sometimes the dose are so low that the ingredients are virtually useless. They might look good on the label, but they aren't providing much of an effect. The truth is that many of the best natural anxiolytic/sleep aides must be used in much higher does than what we are currently seeing.

My new product is dosed so high that it must be scooped! Caps are unrealistic, as the serving size is 2.25-9 grams. Try fitting 9 grams in capsules. Its like 18 caps. LOL. The good news is that the product mixes with 1-3 ounces of hot water and tastes like tea. The total product weight--the weight of the actual active ingredients--is 180 grams. Compare that to ANY sleep product currently on the market.

Look, I am by no means speaking badly about any other sleep/anxiety products. Some of them are pretty decent, but they're just not dosed like this product, NOR do they contain Mulungu Extract. Each full serving provides a full 5 grams of lab-tested 3:1 Mulungu Extract from (what I believe) is the best Mulungu provider on Earth. This product can only be obtained from South America and there are a LOT of shady suppliers.

To my knowledge, MA Labs will be the 1st company in this industry to bring you this potent, natural GABAergic...and in dosages you won't find anywhere else...combined with large doses of 2 other synergistic, scientifically validated ingredients.

I will be selecting loggers very soon!

Last edited:
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’d love to give it a try myself, most sleep aids do the exact opposite for me - keep me up.

I love the way klonopin makes me feel, especially the day after but it’s unrealistic to take it more than once a week.

any tolerance or dependency issues from Mulungu?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Excited about this product! I like all 3 ingredients included in the product. I have only used Mulungu powder, but not an extract of it.

Also Passion flower is very underrated imo.

Last edited:

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’d love to give it a try myself, most sleep aids do the exact opposite for me - keep me up.

I love the way klonopin makes me feel, especially the day after but it’s unrealistic to take it more than once a week.

any tolerance or dependency issues from Mulungu?
There are zero tolerance or dependence issues! I've been using it daily, at high doses, for 2 over months...and have taken off a week here and there with no ill effects. Research backs this up, as well. I never have to take more...and I experience zero adverse effects when going off.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Excited about this product! I like all 3 ingredients included in the product. I have only used Mulungu powder, but not an extract of it.

Also Passion flower is very underrated imo.
Using an extract is key, as is selecting bark from the right trees. There are 3 different types of Mulungu...and they all vary in potency. Rarely do buyers realize this. I made sure to buy a high quality extract from the CORRECT, most potent trees. :)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There are zero tolerance or dependence issues! I've been using it daily, at high doses, for 2 over months...and have taken off a week here and there with no ill effects. Research backs this up, as well. I never have to take more...and I experience zero adverse effects when going off.
Good to hear, I’ll be looking forward to this coming out. Just a quick search seemed pretty promising, but I’ve been known to be a “non responder” to about 90% of supps I try lol

anyway, it seems like a solid product and the quality extract I imagine only helps seal the deal.

do you have any experience with benzos? I know it won’t be the same and I know you touched on it compared to Valium, l but I’m curious how it differs or compares pharmacologically speaking.

Most notably for me personally - the day after taking a fairly large dose of klonopin (I take once a week but have developed a tolerance over the years, plus since only take once a week so I take a little ‘extra’ for a strong relaxation, 2-4mg) anyway, the day after klonopin I feel AMAZING. Great energy and motivation, good mood, etc. I’ve consulted several doctors, nurses, experienced supplement gurus, etc. and no one can explain why.. I’m curious your thoughts if you had a minute to think about it.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you Mike. Been waiting for a product with that bark!

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Can't wait to try this out. Just finishing up with the SNS product Sleep xt and was eyeing getting Hypnos again.

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
Could this be used for daytime anxiety/social anxiety or it’s strictly a sleep formula due to it being melatonin secretagogue?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to hear, I’ll be looking forward to this coming out. Just a quick search seemed pretty promising, but I’ve been known to be a “non responder” to about 90% of supps I try lol

anyway, it seems like a solid product and the quality extract I imagine only helps seal the deal.

do you have any experience with benzos? I know it won’t be the same and I know you touched on it compared to Valium, l but I’m curious how it differs or compares pharmacologically speaking.

Most notably for me personally - the day after taking a fairly large dose of klonopin (I take once a week but have developed a tolerance over the years, plus since only take once a week so I take a little ‘extra’ for a strong relaxation, 2-4mg) anyway, the day after klonopin I feel AMAZING. Great energy and motivation, good mood, etc. I’ve consulted several doctors, nurses, experienced supplement gurus, etc. and no one can explain why.. I’m curious your thoughts if you had a minute to think about it.
Yes, I have experience with benzos. While there is a study comparing Mulungu to valium in terms of effectiveness, I will tell you from experience they are not the same. Unlike most benzos, Mulungu doesn't make you feel intoxicated...or impair mobility. In terms of anxiolysis and sleep, I would say it is comparable to low dose valium.

Regarding Klonopin's antidepressant effect, the connection between GABA and mood is well established. GABA has a direct antidepressant effect. Here is one of many studies...

GABA and mood disorders: a brief review and hypothesis

Abstract
Considerable evidence implicates the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the biochemical pathophysiology of mood disorders. Animal models of depression show regional brain GABA deficits and GABA agonists have antidepressant activity in these models. Somatic treatments for depression and mania upregulate the GABAB receptor, similar to the effect of GABA agonists. Clinical data indicate that decreased GABA function accompanies depressed or manic mood states. GABA agonists are effective antidepressant and antimanic agents. Low GABA levels are found in brain, cerebrospinal fluid and plasma of patients with depression and in plasma of patients with mania. Plasma GABA levels, which reflect brain GABA, are not normalized with treatment and clinical remission in depression, suggesting low GABA is not a marker for mood state. Some somatic treatments, including valproic acid and electroconvulsive shock, reduced plasma GABA and response to these correlates with higher levels of baseline plasma GABA. From these data, a GABA hypothesis for mood disorders is formulated. Low GABA function is proposed to be an inherited biological marker of vulnerability for development of mood disorders. Environmental factors, including stress and excessive alcohol use, may increase GABA, causing symptoms of depression or mania. Treatment, or the passage of time, then returns GABA to its presymptomatic baseline as the symptoms remit. This hypothesis, applicable to a subset of mood disordered persons, is testable.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could this be used for daytime anxiety/social anxiety or it’s strictly a sleep formula due to it being melatonin secretagogue?
Both

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, I have experience with benzos. While there is a study comparing Mulungu to valium in terms of effectiveness, I will tell you from experience they are not the same. Unlike most benzos, Mulungu doesn't make you feel intoxicated...or impair mobility. In terms of anxiolysis and sleep, I would say it is comparable to low dose valium.

Regarding Klonopin's antidepressant effect, the connection between GABA and mood is well established. GABA has a direct antidepressant effect. Here is one of many studies...
Appreciate the response - I guess my question is.. I’ve used GABA supplements and got nothing from it.
Aside from potentially mulungu, is there a way to recreate the gaba response a benzo gives me for that antidepressant effect? You can PM me to not derail the thread but I’d love to get this figured out if possible. My life would completely change if I felt the way I do the day after taking klonopin, every day.

The first step was finding out that it was GABA effecting me the day after, most doctors just told me it was sort of an 'afterglow' or just mild anxiety relief following me into the next day, but that doesn't necessarily make sense because the Klonopin itself doesn't make me feel this way at the time of taking it. Only if I sleep a couple hours after taking a somewhat larger dose.

Again sorry to derail the convo here but it's tough to get ahold of someone who actually knows.

Last edited:

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Really looking forward to trying this - any ETA or is it still pretty far out?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Appreciate the response - I guess my question is.. I’ve used GABA supplements and got nothing from it.

Aside from potentially mulungu, is there a way to recreate the gaba response a benzo gives me for that antidepressant effect? You can PM me to not derail the thread but I’d love to get this figured out if possible. My life would completely change if I felt the way I do the day after taking klonopin, every day.

The first step was finding out that it was GABA effecting me the day after, most doctors just told me it was sort of an 'afterglow' or just mild anxiety relief following me into the next day, but that doesn't necessarily make sense because the Klonopin itself doesn't make me feel this way at the time of taking it. Only if I sleep a couple hours after taking a somewhat larger dose.

Again sorry to derail the convo here but it's tough to get ahold of someone who actually knows.
The PubMed research I cited above is not referring to exogenous GABA supplementation, but GABA receptor activation. This is a huge distinction that (please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think you're making. GABA itself is produced by the human body and attaches to the GABA receptor, but it is only active when manufacturer endogenously, as exogenous GABA (e.g. oral consumption) cannot cross the blood-brain barrier. This is why you "got nothing from it". Your body produces GABA every day...all day, so it is always activating your GABA receptors (to various degrees), but you body attempts to keep GABA levels balanced with excitatory neurotransmitters. When we take substances such as prescription benzos, we're attempting to balance these competing systems in favor of GABA via the activation of the GABA receptor.

The GABA receptor can be activated by many different substances, or GABA agonists, such as GABA itself (when manufactured endogenously), Xanax, Valium, Klonopin, Gabapentin, Hydroxyzine, Phenibut (a GABA analog which is nearly identical to GABA), and many other naturally occurring substances, such as Mulungu, etc.

So, whether you are taking Klonopin or another GABA agonist, they are all working through the GABA system in one way or another. Now, there are many other mechanisms at work that play a role in determining how a particular GABA agonist might affect the user, but at their foundation, they all work through this same basic pathway.

As you can see from the PubMed article, GABA agonists (via GABA receptor activation) have a direct affect on mood, but when it comes to Klonopin and the accompanying "afterglow", it is largely attributable to it's very long duration of action. Klonopin has a half-life is roughly 30-40 hours, so even though its primary acute effects may feel like they've worn off after 8-12 hours, the chemical is still active well into the following day. This is why Klonopin provides you with what you might refer to as a post-use mood boost. The drug is still active.

There is another relevant factor when it comes to GABA agonists and mood. This is dopaminergic activation. GABA agonists are well known to increase dopaminergic activity, but some are more powerful than others in this regard. Klonopin likely possesses greater dopaminergic potency than many other agonists, which is probably why it is known to produce this effect. Phenibut, another well-known long-acting agonist, is also known for this having this effect.

So, we now know that Klonopin works through the same basic mechanisms as other GABA agonists, but its long duration of action, as well as its (likely) greater dopaminergic potency, account for its ability to provide a next day mood boost.

As for why you don't feel Klonopin's mood boost as much during the first day, this may be due to a variety of factors, such as its GABAergic effects overpowering its dopaminergic effects (thereby making the accompanying uptick in dopamine less noticeable), and the dopaminergic effects simply outlasting the GABAergic effects. On way or another, it seems that both of these factors would have an influence on your experience.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The PubMed research I cited above is not referring to exogenous GABA supplementation, but GABA receptor activation. This is a huge distinction that (please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think you're making. GABA itself is produced by the human body and attaches to the GABA receptor, but it is only active when manufacturer endogenously, as exogenous GABA (e.g. oral consumption) cannot cross the blood-brain barrier. This is why you "got nothing from it". Your body produces GABA every day...all day, so it is always activating your GABA receptors (to various degrees), but you body attempts to keep GABA levels balanced with excitatory neurotransmitters. When we take substances such as prescription benzos, we're attempting to balance these competing systems in favor of GABA via the activation of the GABA receptor.

The GABA receptor can be activated by many different substances, or GABA agonists, such as GABA itself (when manufactured endogenously), Xanax, Valium, Klonopin, Gabapentin, Hydroxyzine, Phenibut (a GABA analog which is nearly identical to GABA), and many other naturally occurring substances, such as Mulungu, etc.

So, whether you are taking Klonopin or another GABA agonist, they are all working through the GABA system in one way or another. Now, there are many other mechanisms at work that play a role in determining how a particular GABA agonist might affect the user, but at their foundation, they all work through this same basic pathway.

As you can see from the PubMed article, GABA agonists (via GABA receptor activation) have a direct affect on mood, but when it comes to Klonopin and the accompanying "afterglow", it is largely attributable to it's very long duration of action. Klonopin has a half-life is roughly 30-40 hours, so even though its primary acute effects may feel like they've worn off after 8-12 hours, the chemical is still active well into the following day. This is why Klonopin provides you with what you might refer to as a post-use mood boost. The drug is still active.

There is another relevant factor when it comes to GABA agonists and mood. This is dopaminergic activation. GABA agonists are well known to increase dopaminergic activity, but some are more powerful than others in this regard. Klonopin likely possesses greater dopaminergic potency than many other agonists, which is probably why it is known to produce this effect. Phenibut, another well-known long-acting agonist, is also known for this having this effect.

So, we now know that Klonopin works through the same basic mechanisms as other GABA agonists, but its long duration of action, as well as its (likely) greater dopaminergic potency, account for its ability to provide a next day mood boost.

As for why you don't feel Klonopin's mood boost as much during the first day, this may be due to a variety of factors, such as its GABAergic effects overpowering its dopaminergic effects (thereby making the accompanying uptick in dopamine less noticeable), and the dopaminergic effects simply outlasting the GABAergic effects. On way or another, it seems that both of these factors would have an influence on your experience.

This was very helpful and I was missing a few of key the connections you mentioned, I truly appreciate you taking the time for the explanation!

Stanfoo

Awards
Tried to order from your website but it has wack payment methods. No paypal or credit card?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tried to order from your website but it has wack payment methods. No paypal or credit card?
Echeck is as easy as a cc. Takes 2 minutes. Anyone with a checking account can use one.

But for your information, PayPal doesn't allow accounts for people who sells MK or GW...and neither do cc's. It's quite typical. Otherwise, I would have cc's.

Last edited:
Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mike, I thought oral GABA didn't cross the blood-brain barrier? I am no expert though, you would know better than I. Just curious.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mike, I thought oral GABA didn't cross the blood-brain barrier? I am no expert though, you would know better than I. Just curious.
Right, exogenous GABA, at least not in a notable way/amount.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It doesn't. GABA in the article is referring to the GABA receptor.