Mucuna Pruriens and endogenous dopamine production

Rk6187

Awards
Hi,

I just had a general question about mucuna pruriens. Since it contains L-dopa which is a precursor to dopamine, is there any risk associated with its use during PCT (it is one of the components in a popular PCT product)? I ask specifically as it relates to endogenous dopamine production. I don't hope that after taking it and coming off it, I start to develop Parkinson's like symptoms. My father has Parkinson's hence the additional concern as it runs in his side of the family. He was diagnosed at age 65 (now 70). From some of the pubmed research that I have glossed over there doesn't seem to be any correlation with endogenous production of dopamine being affected..so I was just curious. I am entering PCT soon and the thought entered my mind. Thanks for your time.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In normal and healthy people, it is slim to non because it requires something pathologically wrong. You, however, have a family history of PD, so I would highly recommend you do not use this long term (which is where issues occur, using it long term).

Rk6187

Awards
What is meant by long term? > 3 months? > 6 months? I was planning on using CEL PCT Assist for 1 month as part of PCT along with SERM and BLR Viron / DAA.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is meant by long term? > 3 months? > 6 months? I was planning on using CEL PCT Assist for 1 month as part of PCT along with SERM and BLR Viron / DAA.
It isn't set in stone, but long term is usually over a year. I suspect you'd be fine if you only use it for a month, but IMO if you really want peace of mind, use another product.