Unanswered Mtor combined with mk677

DemonDevster

Awards
Anyone recommend combining the 2? Or experienced the combination? I think combination would enhance the mks effect.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
mTOR? As in the physiological process? Completely necessary for growing.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Myokem mtor pro? If so It’s just an amino product. It won’t enhance the effects directly but if you’re in a caloric deficit or have large time frames before meals it can help. Now if you’re talking about mtor the process what Thor said.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
mTOR? As in the physiological process? Completely necessary for growing.
I’ve always found it interesting that mtor is essential for growth but constantly raised levels shortens your life expectancy (a significant benefit of fasting is the down regulation of mtor).......

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve always found it interesting that mtor is essential for growth but constantly raised levels shortens your life expectancy (a significant benefit of fasting is the down regulation of mtor).......
Breathing oxygen also decreases life expectancy ;) via oxidation. My opinion is that heightened mTOR is better for longevity than not having it because it enables maintained muscle mass and bone density into old age.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Breathing oxygen also decreases life expectancy ;) via oxidation. My opinion is that heightened mTOR is better for longevity than not having it because it enables maintained muscle mass and bone density into old age.
Longevity is something I’m doing some learning on - IF looks promising because it provides both periods of mtor up and down regulation (and therefore allows for the lean mass which I agree is essential as well as minimising the negatives).

It’s been noted that in the blue zones people don’t engage in gym type activities but rather simply have low intensity activity throughout the day.

All that said, for me personally I want to lead a good quality of life in my old age (I’d rather live to 100 with the ability to function than live to 110 but struggle to walk from 90.....)

Guess it all comes down to balance at the end of the day....:

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Longevity is something I’m doing some learning on - IF looks promising because it provides both periods of mtor up and down regulation (and therefore allows for the lean mass which I agree is essential as well as minimising the negatives).

It’s been noted that in the blue zones people don’t engage in gym type activities but rather simply have low intensity activity throughout the day.

All that said, for me personally I want to lead a good quality of life in my old age (I’d rather live to 100 with the ability to function than live to 110 but struggle to walk from 90.....)

Guess it all comes down to balance at the end of the day....:
Exactly. I'm okay not having the extra years, and not living longer having someone wipe my butt and take care of me. I see so many elderly without lean mass wither away because of lack of muscle.