Movies and tv shows discussion

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In this thread i figured we could talk about movies and shows we watch. I dont have time to watch much but i do love me some superhero shows and i try to go to the movies once a week (when they are open).

So this week was the season finale of Loki on Disney+ and holy crap what a cliffhanger it ended on.

Anybody else follow the show?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice thread.

I love DC/Marvel myself, have not started Loki yet .. starting next week most likely.

i am just rewatching old shows right now .. knocking out THE WIRE and almost done with Entourage.

with a 2 yr old kid at home, i just have it running in the background at work

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In this thread i figured we could talk about movies and shows we watch. I dont have time to watch much but i do love me some superhero shows and i try to go to the movies once a week (when they are open).

So this week was the season finale of Loki on Disney+ and holy crap what a cliffhanger it ended on.

Anybody else follow the show?

I saw Black Widow a few days ago.
It was pretty good.
It has David Harbor and Rachel Weisz... they're both pretty good actors IMO.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I haven't watched any Loki yet.

I'm sure you've both seen it, but Logan was a PREMIUM Movie.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice thread.

I love DC/Marvel myself, have not started Loki yet .. starting next week most likely.

i am just rewatching old shows right now .. knocking out THE WIRE and almost done with Entourage.

Those are shows i never got into even though i understand them to be very good.

Man, just wait until you see the **** that goes on in Loki!

I saw Black Widow a few days ago.
It was pretty good.
It has David Harbor and Rachel Weisz... they're both pretty good actors IMO.
I saw that one last weekend. I enjoyed it, maybe a 6/10. FLorence Pugh was the stand out to me, she will make a GREAT new Black Widow.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't watched any Loki yet.

I'm sure you've both seen it, but Logan was a PREMIUM Movie.
I dont ever cry at movies, but that one got me hard. I love the X-Men movies and it tore my heart out that Logan NEVER knew peace. I havent been able to rewatch it yet haha.

BUT, Hugh Jackman did post some Wolverine stuff and a picture with Feige on his IG the other day. SO the fan boy in me is hoping for one last outing for Wolveringe in REAL Marvel movie.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I thought Disney+ was cartoons and kids movies?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought Disney+ was cartoons and kids movies?
It has everything Disney, so yeah kids stuff but also everything Star Wars and Marvel. ALso all the Aliens movies, DIe Hard series... Disney is more than just Mickey Mouse these days.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cant wait to see black widow .. and super excited about new THOR .. which will introduce the main villian for this next marvel universe.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Your Honor is a great 1 season show! It’s on Showtime. I highly recommend it!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your Honor is a great 1 season show! It’s on Showtime. I highly recommend it!
i have seen that .. only started it bc im a huge bryan cranston fan .. and dude does not disappoint at all.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cant wait to see black widow .. and super excited about new THOR .. which will introduce the main villian for this next marvel universe.
Weeeeell.. i dont want to spoil you but he "might" already have been introduced ;)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those are shows i never got into even though i understand them to be very good.
you gotta check out entourage .. like male version of sex and city kinda .. easiest to get hooked too

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
Not yet but are being recorded. Last years sucked.
Last season’s cast was made up of entirely former players. This season there are 16 fresh houseguests, so it’s a refreshing chance to learn about each new personality. It airs 3 times a week so be sure that DVR has plenty of room!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Big Brother is me and my sisters all time fave summer show!

(Something I like to do is notice what dude just ran a cycle prior to coming on! Lol….One guy a few years ago had just come off and was complaining of “itchy nip”…I remember he had to go to the DR or medical or whatever. His cop out to other guests was “all the bread and processed food”)

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nice thread.

I preferred the corner but the wire is a great show.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I preferred the corner but the wire is a great show.
Never heard of corner , just reading up on it .. ohh another west baltimore

Think I would enjoy that too .. I’ll put it on the list

The wire is one of my fav

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great show, a classic really. Supposedly based on Mark Whalbergs life/crew…he’s a producer on it.
Yup .. actually started liking mark after that show

Few episodes ago just finished the one mark/Tom Brady vs vinnie/drama at golf course

Lol

I’m on last season now .. very last couple episodes

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going to see F9 tomorrow. Ive always enjoyed those movies but they are getting more and more ridiculous. But the first trailer for this one got my hyped as hell, but that was over a year ago haha.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the new Godzilla anime on Netflix is pretty good. the last few were bad but this one is good

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same hopefully it’s good and they need to hurry up and make my fav superhero movie ( the flash )
Yeah...
It's still supposed to be released in November, right?

* Edit: November 2022.

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going to see F9 tomorrow. Ive always enjoyed those movies but they are getting more and more ridiculous. But the first trailer for this one got my hyped as hell, but that was over a year ago haha.
I had a great time with this one. Yeah it’s getting ridiculous and so far away from what the first movies was about. But I’m so invested in the series that I get every single call back the movie makes and I get excited by every small cameo. Also, movies that makes me laugh out loud several times gets an extra star in my book.

8/10

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll admit to watching Last Man Standing (it's Tim Allen!!). if you were a fan of Home Improvement you'll get some nostolgia. he's still a great actor. I feel like such a Boomer watching it though

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Boys is another series i highly recommend.

The Boys is set in a universe where superpowered individuals are recognized as heroes by the general public and work for the powerful corporation Vought International, which markets and monetizes them. Outside of their heroic personas, most are arrogant and corrupt

Its real gory and just a crazy series. Im just getting into season 2 now and its not getting any less crazy.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On friday Masters Of The Universe: Revelation is coming to Netflix. Its supposed to be a sequel to the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from the eighties. Its developed by Kevin Smith and produced by Powerhouse Animation Studios. So some serious power is thrown behind it.

The first trailer made it look amazing and i really hope it is. But rumors are that it revolves more around Teela than He-Man. So of course there are alot of "woke" comments out there.

Im looking forward to it anyway!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Boys is another series i highly recommend.

The Boys is set in a universe where superpowered individuals are recognized as heroes by the general public and work for the powerful corporation Vought International, which markets and monetizes them. Outside of their heroic personas, most are arrogant and corrupt

Its real gory and just a crazy series. Im just getting into season 2 now and its not getting any less crazy.
i love that show and this guy just makes it so much better with accent and vulgar name calling lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll admit to watching Last Man Standing (it's Tim Allen!!). if you were a fan of Home Improvement you'll get some nostolgia. he's still a great actor. I feel like such a Boomer watching it though
haha who didnt like home improvement ?

show was such a threat that seinfeld had to change its time so people could watch both

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He was Awesome in Star Trek.
i had to google it to see what you were reffering too .. im not into star trek so had no idea

clean shaven looks like pg-13 v

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In a couple of hours ill be going to the movies to see Jungle Cruise. I think it looks to be a fun time and i am a big The Rock mark so I should enjoy it!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for some reason i cant get into loki .. maybe i need drink some focusXT and watch
but 1,5 episodes in .. and cant seem to get interested in it

finished season 3 of all american ( football fans would def recommend it and some hot chicks are in it )

restarted mindhunter ( if you are a psych major or fascinated by serial killer .. imo one of the best shows out there .. rewatching to see if i can catch some new clues

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for some reason i cant get into loki .. maybe i need drink some focusXT and watch
but 1,5 episodes in .. and cant seem to get interested in it
Yeah Loki requires your full attention to get all the nuances of the story and world building. But stick with it, the rewards for it are incredible.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In a couple of hours ill be going to the movies to see Jungle Cruise. I think it looks to be a fun time and i am a big The Rock mark so I should enjoy it!
When the Disney logo in the beginning came on screen the music over it gave me chills, i leaned over to my fiance and said "Holy ****!" as it was a cover of Metallica - Nothing else matters. From that moment on I was 100% in haha.

I really enjoyed The Jungle Cruise and think it was probably The Rocks best comedy/adventure film so far. It was funny, exciting and had a charm to it. I think this movie will make it into my top 5 "feel good" movies. The ones you can put on whenever you just want to relax and enjoy yourself.

8/10

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When the Disney logo in the beginning came on screen the music over it gave me chills, i leaned over to my fiance and said "Holy ****!" as it was a cover of Metallica - Nothing else matters. From that moment on I was 100% in haha.

I really enjoyed The Jungle Cruise and think it was probably The Rocks best comedy/adventure film so far. It was funny, exciting and had a charm to it. I think this movie will make it into my top 5 "feel good" movies. The ones you can put on whenever you just want to relax and enjoy yourself.

8/10
I haven't seen it yet, but will.

I liked "The Rundown".
.... Older Rock movie.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I watched "Nobody" a couple of days ago (while I was recouperating from overdoing it in the heat at work).

I thought it was decent.
For me it was kinda odd watching Odenkirk play a "tough guy", because I've really only watched him as a comedian.
I haven't watched any of his newer (serious) TV stuff.

BTW, he just had a small heart attack on set.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't seen it yet, but will.

I liked "The Rundown".
.... Older Rock movie.
The Rundown is awesome. Its wild when you think about it but The Rock was "small" in that movie compared to now.