Movies and tv shows discussion

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Watched The Beekeeper yesterday and i really enjoyed it. It was just what a was looking for. Jason Statham as a unbeatable bad ass. Last quarter dragged a bit but everything else was stellar.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Watched The Beekeeper yesterday and i really enjoyed it. It was just what a was looking for. Jason Statham as a unbeatable bad ass. Last quarter dragged a bit but everything else was stellar.
Watched this weekend as well. Didn't think it was a great movie, but it scratched the right itch and I did like how hard they leaned into the bee jokes. I enjoy Statham movies for what they are. :)

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Watched it as well, really enjoyed it...

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Has anyone seen Butchers crossing? Watched the preview on Amazon but wasn’t sure if it was worth renting. Looks interesting

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hbo max…On the Roam….Jason Mamoa documentary series it’s rad

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Watched this weekend as well. Didn't think it was a great movie, but it scratched the right itch and I did like how hard they leaned into the bee jokes. I enjoy Statham movies for what they are. :)
Watched it as well, really enjoyed it...
I feel that i lean more and more towards movies where the main character steamrolls his opponent. I think ive just seen so many dragged out hand to hand fights and gun figths in movies. That I just want someone who comes in and destroyes everyone.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I feel that i lean more and more towards movies where the main character steamrolls his opponent. I think ive just seen so many dragged out hand to hand fights and gun figths in movies. That I just want someone who comes in and destroyes everyone.
Plus the dirtbags he went after, makes it fun to watch. Its what we all want to do to those scumbags...

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He will always be Donnie Darko to me!
have not seen this one , checked the trailer looks interesting
for me hes always robert graysmith ..guy who worked on zodiac case

i always liked his worked too ..doesnt get much attention maybe bc of not big name directors/producers but never dissapoints.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The “Michael Shannon Kick” continues with
“A little white lie” on Hulu …Starting it now!!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
have not seen this one , checked the trailer looks interesting
for me hes always robert graysmith ..guy who worked on zodiac case

i always liked his worked too ..doesnt get much attention maybe bc of not big name directors/producers but never dissapoints.
He’s not at the absolute top of the business, but he’s worked with quite a few academy winning or nominated directors.

He’s very good in most things he takes on.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
new-ish show on Netflix….sci-fi comedy…
“Resident Alien

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
any fans of prison break ?
season 6 is coming out .. you would think that they would learn and stop putting him in prison lol

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya pretty sure that’s not true, if anything is true it’s that they are working on a reboot.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya pretty sure that’s not true, if anything is true it’s that they are working on a reboot.
netflix might be fckin with us

Facebook account named "Netflix News" posted an image of Michael and Lincoln with the text "Prison Break return," is baseless. The caption further stated, "Prison Break. Season 6. SOON."
Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/us/prison-break-season-6-check-out-everything-we-know-so-far/articleshow/104952523.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

unless its like one of those rumor news page just to get views .. you might be right

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So this year has been a real dredge when it comes to movies this far. I am looking forward to Dune 2 though!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So this year has been a real dredge when it comes to movies this far. I am looking forward to Dune 2 though!
Beginning of the year always feels like a good time to catch up on movies I missed the previous year.

Can’t wait for dune this weekend though.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beginning of the year always feels like a good time to catch up on movies I missed the previous year.

Can’t wait for dune this weekend though.
You sure you dont want to watch Madam Web instead! Wait, this weekend? Its not out until the 28th here :(

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You sure you dont want to watch Madam Web instead! Wait, this weekend? Its not out until the 28th here :(
Ya we get some pretty decent limited movie releases here and some reason there’s an early Sunday viewing so I snapped up some tickets.

NeoCycle98

Awards
I can’t believe I just now discovered this thread.

Mel Brooks
Gene Wilder
Richard Pryor

and the whole cast of the 1963 “it’s a mad mad mad mad world”

One of the best movies made, the most amount of stars at the time each fitting their part perfectly and god knows in 2063 I’ll have my grandkids watching it with me.

if you guys haven’t seen it, please try it, give it 15 minutes and you’ll watch the whole damn 3 hour long movie, you might piss yourself laughing, but I am not responsible.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finally watched BlackBerry. Good flick. Peak Golden God performance from Glenn Howerton.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I finally got to watch The Iron Claw this weekend. For those who havent heard of it, its based on the life of the Von Erich family. Which is a known family withing the professional wrestling circuit. The movie details the tragic events that the family went through. But what it really is about, is family.

But not in the cheesy Vin Diesel sense. Its about 4 brothers and their love for each other. I myself have 2 younger brothers and this really hit me hard. We have never had a relationship as close as they show in this movie and it made me very envious of them. Although, they went through hell, they did have something that i regret not having.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just started Resident Alien the other night. Not amazing by any means but I laugh a lot and enjoy it. Glad they are only 10 episode seasons.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally watched BlackBerry. Good flick. Peak Golden God performance from Glenn Howerton.

same loved the movie .. seeing him in a series role was so weird .. but agree did an amazing job.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
eXistenZ (1999), is a David Croenenberg movie (you Usually either like his stuff, or you don't).
I'm not his biggest fan, in general... But I really enjoyed this one, and it has become a favorite for me.

The trailer truly doesn't do it justice, and if you watch it, you tend to get immersed in it, and it can be a wild head-trip.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone remembers MXC Most Extreme Elimination? They used to show it in the early 2000s on Spike TV with American dubbing. It was based on the original Japanese game show called Takeshi's Castle which aired back in 1986-1990. The show has come back now, completely revamped with hilarious games. It's on Amazon Prime.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
remember xmen when we were kids .. it returns tommorow on disney

X-Men '97 Episode Release Schedule
X-Men '97: Season 1 includes 10 episodes. The first two episodes will debut on March 20, followed by weekly episodes (Wednesdays) through May 15. Here's the full release schedule for X-Men '97:
  • Episode 1 (To Me, My X-Men) – March 20
  • Episode 2 (Mutant Liberation Begins) – March 20
  • Episode 3 (Fire Made Flesh) – March 27
  • Episode 4 (Motendo / Lifedeath Pt 1) – April 3
  • Episode 5 (Remember It) – April 10
  • Episode 6 (Lifedeath Pt 2) – April 17
  • Episode 7 (Bright Eyes) – April 24
  • Episode 8 (Tolerance Is Extinction Pt 1) – May 1
  • Episode 9 (Tolerance Is Extinction Pt 2) – May 8
  • Episode 10 (Tolerance Is Extinction Pt 3) – May 15

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Binging on curb your enthusiasm from the start, via hbo max
first timer ?
ive seen it so many times over and over .. last season is currently going on right now .. so good, sad that its coming to end.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
first timer ?
ive seen it so many times over and over .. last season is currently going on right now .. so good, sad that its coming to end.
No but it’s a long time since I’ve seen it from start. Prob missed one or two over the years.

Also watching the current last season, agree it’s sad…24 year run though is solid!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No but it’s a long time since I’ve seen it from start. Prob missed one or two over the years.

Also watching the current last season, agree it’s sad…24 year run though is solid!
ohh okay yeah always good to revisit these classics

after watching the show and seeing how close he was to larry david, very surpruised he didnt made an appearance in seinfeld or atleast his name wasnt even mentioned .. like we didnt see ted danson but heard his name in seinfeld

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
any fans of road house?
ill prolly watch new jake gyllenhaal road house tommorow

havent seen the old classic of patrick swayze

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
any fans of road house?
ill prolly watch new jake gyllenhaal road house tommorow

havent seen the old classic of patrick swayze
Honestly.... I don't know many Men who don't like the original Roadhouse.
Was it over the top? Absolutely!

.... That's part of the appeal.

(I haven't seen the new one).
:)💪(y)👊😁

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly.... I don't know many Men who don't like the original Roadhouse.
Was it over the top? Absolutely!

.... That's part of the appeal.

(I haven't seen the new one).
:)💪(y)👊😁
haha .. i just saw on facebook pple bytching why would they make a remake lol

the new one from trailer looks pretty action packed

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
haha .. i just saw on facebook pple bytching why would they make a remake lol

the new one from trailer looks pretty action packed
I think it looks very good, too.

JG has surprised me over the years, with his performances.

He'll probably do that again this time (I believe) .... He's not someone I would've automatically thought of for the role.
LOL

BTW ... In the original (so probably in the remake, as well), he was not supposed to look that tough, but he was supposed to be one of the toughest guys in existence (apparently).

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Just saw this .. i enjoyed it hence i watched it at work so i had to pause it few times but i think once you start it you would be entertained and enjoy it from beginning to end .. great action.

i was kinda worried about conner not being an actor but he looked bad asss and killed his part.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Just saw this .. i enjoyed it hence i watched it at work so i had to pause it few times but i think once you start it you would be entertained and enjoy it from beginning to end .. great action.

i was kinda worried about conner not being an actor but he looked bad asss and killed his part.
The original Road House is one of my favorite movies of all time, so i was curious about this one. I also watched it over the weekend and i really enjoyed it. Its NOT the Road House from my past, but its a fun 80's action movie. With silly one liners and villains that are over the top.

Gyllenthal did a great job, but he also was a good fighter in Southpaw. McGregor brought some extreme sillyness but also hardcore violence to the movie.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Netflix airing a Spanish series which is an over the top modern male dealing with new norms series "alpha males",
I thought the most ironic part was the gays guys are the only ones leading drama free and happy lives.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Just finished the Halo season 2. Much better than s1 but still some desire left lol.

Think I'm going to start Shogun here shortly. Been taping it since so many friends say it's so damn good, but finding time to watch a show and focus solely on subtitles has been the put off so far.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Regarding war films on Netflix:
1.Operation Mincemeat. Do not recommend. The 1956 film is factual and not juvenile as this one is.
2. All Quiet on the Western Front. Follows the book some and far less than previous version with invented subplots not related to the book. Still very watchable.
3. Narvik. 1940 campaign for a Norwegian city. Entirely fictional after the initial opening of hostilities and well acted and filmed. Recommend.
4. War Sailors. Norwegian merchant marine at war. Well done regarding the topic. Low Budget and it shows.
5. Sisu. Finnish ww2 film. Over the top and worth watching once. Finnish gold miner vs. nazis.
6. Blood & Gold. German deserter and Nazis on a gold hunt. Fictional. Worth the watch once.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just finished the Halo season 2. Much better than s1 but still some desire left lol.

Think I'm going to start Shogun here shortly. Been taping it since so many friends say it's so damn good, but finding time to watch a show and focus solely on subtitles has been the put off so far.
I loved S1 of Halo. Just finished rewatching it and just started S2. Never played the video games.

Shogun is definitely legit. You gotta pay full attention to it or you may miss some things.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Road House Week!
Watched the new one last night, I liked it…watching the OG tonite/now. Digging the 80s, meathead vibe, etc.

Guy banging in supply room, says I’m on my break…Swayze/Dalton says, “stay on it” as he fires him! LOL

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking forward to seeing monkey man
jordan peele and dev patel production ..should be nice action.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Watching this one now:
*** It was pretty good. Standard Jason S. fare.

Last edited:
AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I finally got to watch The Iron Claw this weekend. For those who havent heard of it, its based on the life of the Von Erich family. Which is a known family withing the professional wrestling circuit. The movie details the tragic events that the family went through. But what it really is about, is family.

But not in the cheesy Vin Diesel sense. Its about 4 brothers and their love for each other. I myself have 2 younger brothers and this really hit me hard. We have never had a relationship as close as they show in this movie and it made me very envious of them. Although, they went through hell, they did have something that i regret not having.
Agreed.
Iron Claw was pretty good.

Road House too- though cheesier action. Want to know both their cycles.

The Shogun series is worth watching; or if you havent seen them Vikings, and True Detective.