Mountainman gets Mountain sized w/ MAXBULK (sponsered)

That's one hell of a leg day Mountian. I wish I could be there the next few days to see how sore you are. lol'n
Good luck $hit'n
 
That's one hell of a leg day Mountian. I wish I could be there the next few days to see how sore you are. lol'n
Good luck $hit'n

Lol! I'm just going to go outside in my dog's poop spot and stand up while dropping my deuces. 8-D
 
The compounds you're on are pro-test & nandro - both of which have been used for decades to shed fat while simultaneously adding lean mass & strength. Just because the scales dipping doesn't mean positive changes aren't afoot (as you mention, core is looking better if anything).

The other 2 loggers of Max Bulk I've followed found they got leaner while on it but muscles looked more full & improvements in strength/performance were noted, so I'm not surprised at all.
 
Ok, good. That makes me feel better. Thanks once again hyde.
 
Good Lord my tuckus is killing me. A little concerned about what tomorrow will be like.
 
Today was supposed to be chest and traps, and even though my elbow is improving, given all super krill oil and cissus I've been taking (forgot to get more cissus while I was out today dammit) it's still not up to par. I tried pressing just the bar and that brought on an ache right away. Almost there though. So I managed a pretty good back workout with flys and raises mixed in.

Neutral Grip Pull Ups / Incline Flys / Lateral Raises
BW x 8 / 20s x 12 / 10s x 15
BW x 8 / 20s x 12 / 10s x 15
BW x 6 / 20s x 10/ 10s x 12
BW x 5 / 20s x 10 / 10s x 12

During the Flys I focused on bringing my hands down towards my hips during the eccentrics, and raising them in a straight line to above my chin to really focus on upper chest activation.

WMD BB Rows / Pec Deck / DB Front Raises
L = 135
H = 185

L x 8, H x 5 / *50* x 12 / 20s x 10
H x 6, L x 6 / *50* x 10 / 20s x 10
L x 7, H x 4 / *50* x 9 / 20s x 9
H x 3, L x 6 / *50* x 8 / 20s x 8

I focused very hard on not cheating during the rows, but towards the end a few cheating rows snuck there way in. And during the front raises I brought the DBs up in front of my face and pressed them together to help get a little added chest work.

Skier Pull Downs / Slight Incline Flys / Drop Set Laterals
55 x 10 / 20s x 10 / 20s x 5, 10s x 6
55 x 10 / 20s x 9 / 20s x 4, 10s x 6
55 x 10 / 20s x 8 / 20s x 4, 10s x 5

Underhand Pull Downs / Flat Bench Flys / Drop Set: Front Raises to Horseshoe Front Raises
*100* x 12 / 20s x 9 / 20s x 4, 10s x 8
*100* x 11 / 20s x 9 / 20s x 4, 10s x 7
*100* x 10 / 20s x 8 / 20s x 3, 10s x 6

My elbow is starting to flare up so that tells me time to call it a day, unfortunately. I have way more gas in the tank too. I had my first dose of Volatile for PWO, so that combined with the Max-Bulk have really jumped up my endurance. I feel like I could go for another hour minimum. Vascularity and pump level are better than before as well. I think the combo is having a good synergy effect here also. Good stuff.
 
My homemade neutral grip bar:

Invalid Link Removed

And Vascularity:

Invalid Link Removed
 
Volatile is one of the most enjoyable PWO's I've ever had the pleasure to use - not too much stim, just a clean boost with awesome pumps & good endurance
 
This guy just can't seem to catch a break. Petting my dog yesterday when he jumped up to bark at a deer in our yard. When he jumped up he jammed my finger and now I have "mallet" finger.

Invalid Link Removed

Hard to tell from the picture but I can't completely straighten my index finger. Doesn't hurt too much, just really friggin annoying. Did the same thing to my ring finger this past summer during a tournament while blocking. I hate picking my nose with my left hand.
 
That sux dude. Don't look too bad tho. Always sux when your not lifting comfortably....


Are you in a martial art? What styles have you studied?
 
It was actually volleyball. I want to get back into martial arts though. Took tae kwon do years ago, and want to get my daughter started in martial arts as well. It doesn't effect my grip which is good, but it was super irritating when I was washing my hair in the shower.
 
And you completely jinxed me bones. The lower half of my body is sore as sh!t!
 
Today was supposed to be chest and traps, and even though my elbow is improving, given all super krill oil and cissus I've been taking (forgot to get more cissus while I was out today dammit) it's still not up to par. I tried pressing just the bar and that brought on an ache right away. Almost there though. So I managed a pretty good back workout with flys and raises mixed in. Neutral Grip Pull Ups / Incline Flys / Lateral Raises BW x 8 / 20s x 12 / 10s x 15 BW x 8 / 20s x 12 / 10s x 15 BW x 6 / 20s x 10/ 10s x 12 BW x 5 / 20s x 10 / 10s x 12 During the Flys I focused on bringing my hands down towards my hips during the eccentrics, and raising them in a straight line to above my chin to really focus on upper chest activation. WMD BB Rows / Pec Deck / DB Front Raises L = 135 H = 185 L x 8, H x 5 / *50* x 12 / 20s x 10 H x 6, L x 6 / *50* x 10 / 20s x 10 L x 7, H x 4 / *50* x 9 / 20s x 9 H x 3, L x 6 / *50* x 8 / 20s x 8 I focused very hard on not cheating during the rows, but towards the end a few cheating rows snuck there way in. And during the front raises I brought the DBs up in front of my face and pressed them together to help get a little added chest work. Skier Pull Downs / Slight Incline Flys / Drop Set Laterals 55 x 10 / 20s x 10 / 20s x 5, 10s x 6 55 x 10 / 20s x 9 / 20s x 4, 10s x 6 55 x 10 / 20s x 8 / 20s x 4, 10s x 5 Underhand Pull Downs / Flat Bench Flys / Drop Set: Front Raises to Horseshoe Front Raises *100* x 12 / 20s x 9 / 20s x 4, 10s x 8 *100* x 11 / 20s x 9 / 20s x 4, 10s x 7 *100* x 10 / 20s x 8 / 20s x 3, 10s x 6 My elbow is starting to flare up so that tells me time to call it a day, unfortunately. I have way more gas in the tank too. I had my first dose of Volatile for PWO, so that combined with the Max-Bulk have really jumped up my endurance. I feel like I could go for another hour minimum. Vascularity and pump level are better than before as well. I think the combo is having a good synergy effect here also. Good stuff.

Seriously intense WO. Major kudos!
 
Time for a leg workout, Vermont hard core style.


Invalid Link Removed
 
Still a tad sore from my last leg day, and normally my split would have been hamstrings and calves, but I felt so good about my last leg routine that I was fired up to do it again.

WMD Squats and Seated Smith Machine Calf Raises
Squats
Heavy = 185
Light = 135

Seated Calf Raises
Heavy = 185
Light = 135

Seated SM Calf Raises / Squats
L x 15, H x 10 / L x 10, H x 6
H x 12, L x 12 / H x 6, L x 8
L x 12, H x 10 / L x 8, H x 5
H x 10, L x 10 / H x 4, L x 7

Started to get major back pumps during squats so I had switch out to front squats to finish my wave sets.

Standing SM Calf Raises / Front Squats

Calf Raises
H = 205
L = 135

Front Squats
H = 145
L = 95

L x 12, H x 8 / L x 8, H x 5
H x 10, L x 10 / H x 4, L x 6

I tried using lifting straps on the front squats like I read about in the article from last week or the week before, but they just made the lift harder so I ditched them for my normal crossed arm grip. My back felt better but it's always a touch disheartening because of the lighter weights.

Leg Extensions / Machine Leg Press Calf Raises, No rest
*50* x 15 / *130* x 15
*50* x 12 / *130* x 12
*50* x 10 / *130* x 12

Like the song says "Burn MF, Burn". These sets burn like crazy, but I love the punishment I'm putting my legs through.

Machine Leg Press / Standing SM Machine Calf Raises, w/ to w/o weight
*160* x 15 / 135 x 8 TI, 6 TO - BW x 10
*170* x 15 / 135 x 8 TO, 6 TI - BW x 9
*180* x 12 / 135 x 7 TI, 5 TO - BW x 8

The leg presses burned pretty good, but the calf raises were excruciating. My calves were pumped beyond belief. I thought they were pumped last workout but this time around the pump was almost unbearable.

The amount of endurance Max-Bulk is affording me is awesome. Unfortunately it's late and I have to cut my workout short in order to get my nutrition in before bed time. But not before I squeezed out 2 sets of jumping squats with 25 lb. plates. Supposed to be upper body tomorrow so we'll see how the elbow feels so I can start annihilating more body parts.
 
Something must be wrong with my scale, it says I'm down on weight again. 200.6 lbs.? Down from 205 in just a couple of days? Any thoughts?


Invalid Link Removed
 
Try checking it with a standard, I'm going through the same thing with my scale at home. I get on with a 5 pound weight next to me , then pick it it up to see if it adds on correctly. Or weigh something that you all ready know the weight of. Seriously it's only a couple of pounds, probly water dude.
How's the finger doing ?
 
Try checking it with a standard, I'm going through the same thing with my scale at home. I get on with a 5 pound weight next to me , then pick it it up to see if it adds on correctly. Or weigh something that you all ready know the weight of. Seriously it's only a couple of pounds, probly water dude.
How's the finger doing ?

Only a couple of pounds? But I live and die by my pounds bones! That's a sh!t ton of water though if that's the case. I'll be keeping close track though, that's for sure.

And other than not being able to pick up things like a normal human being, and having it take me 10 minutes to type this post, it's doing pretty good. Thank you for asking. :wave2:
 
Can anyone come to this link:

Invalid Link Removed

And back me up please? Got a newb Jack@ss trying to talk about his credo nutrition tips.
 
So the wife and I had a brief discussion about my mid section. We were taking about working out and she asked why I didn't do more cardio to work on my mid section. Talk about a "punch in the gut". I told her I do HIIT instead of LISS because of its benefits over regular cardio. I asked her if she was unhappy with my mid section and she said "I don't mind it....... But you could certainly work on it". Ouch baby, just ouch. So now it's time to up the intensity in HIIT. She's leaving for a month for military training on Sunday. When she comes back I'm going to be a lean, mean, ripped machine. I swear it.
 
Elbow is feeling pretty good today so I think I'll try some pressing tonight. Not too heavy though.

I took a little longer on warm ups to make sure circulation is at its maximum for my elbow.

DB Flat Bench Press / TRX Elbows Out Horizontal Pull Ups / Hanging Leg Raises
45s x 15 / BW x 10 / 12
55s x 13 / BW x 10 / 12
65s x 12 / BW x 8 / 10
65s x 12 / BW x 8 / 10

Maxed or my dumbells with the standard plates I have. Time to purchase more 10# plates. With part of my tax return maybe?
And I ran from one exercise to the next and tried to keep my heart rate up. I was huffing and puffing by the end of each super set.

TRX Push Ups / DB Overhand Bent Over Rows/ Decline Crunches
BW x 10 / 65s x 10 / BW x 8
BW x 10 / 65s x 10 / BW x 8
BW x 8 / 65s x 10 / BW x 7
BW x 7 / 65s x 10 / BW x 6

Those TRX push ups are a killer, especially when I focused on making sure my hands touched at the peak of the concentric. And I very rarely do ab work so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a sore tummy tomorrow. But after what the wifey said you better believe I'm going to start working them.

Smith Machine Incline Press / Machine Overhand Rows
115 x 15 / *110* x 12, No rest
115 x 12 / *110* x 10
Rest 1 minute
115 x 12 / *110* x 10, No rest
115 x 10 / *110* x 8

My chest and traps are pumped hard core. The Volatile and Max-Bulk are making for insane pumps, and once again my endurance is still there and I want to do more but it's late and I need to get in my nutrition before bed. And that scale better read something a little different than what it did this morning.
 
Lol ...... You and that damn scale.
That seemed like a good and fun workout tonight for you. Kinda like a circuit training thing, running to each exercise.
Your influencing me to do more cardio and abs. That means eating more, yum.
Good lifts
 
Lol ...... You and that damn scale.
That seemed like a good and fun workout tonight for you. Kinda like a circuit training thing, running to each exercise.
Your influencing me to do more cardio and abs. That means eating more, yum.
Good lifts

Thanks bones. It was fun. Those TRX push ups were friggin challenging though. My arms were shaking in good fashion during those.
 
Cool man, I'm gonna look up those TRX's.. Gonna do me some.
BTW very cool that you got a degree in nutrition & stuff. Impressive.
 
Cool man, I'm gonna look up those TRX's.. Gonna do me some.
BTW very cool that you got a degree in nutrition & stuff. Impressive.

It was cool at the time. Used it for about 6 years then real life came calling.

And my TRX straps: truck straps from home depot. Our little secret though, ok?
 
So the wife and I had a brief discussion about my mid section. We were taking about working out and she asked why I didn't do more cardio to work on my mid section. Talk about a "punch in the gut". I told her I do HIIT instead of LISS because of its benefits over regular cardio. I asked her if she was unhappy with my mid section and she said "I don't mind it....... But you could certainly work on it". Ouch baby, just ouch. So now it's time to up the intensity in HIIT. She's leaving for a month for military training on Sunday. When she comes back I'm going to be a lean, mean, ripped machine. I swear it.
Wow, ouch for sure! That would show her, definitely do that. It would be awesome.
 
I love suspension exercises! I don't have the TRX I have the rip:60 straps. I got them at target on clearance for $20 for the whole setup. Couldn't pass it up.
 
I love suspension exercises! I don't have the TRX I have the rip:60 straps. I got them at target on clearance for $20 for the whole setup. Couldn't pass it up.

You can't pass up deals like that on fitness equipment.
 
I love suspension exercises! I don't have the TRX I have the rip:60 straps. I got them at target on clearance for $20 for the whole setup. Couldn't pass it up.

I'm looking at a power rack on this list web site put on by some Craig guy. They're selling it for $200 because they're moving, I'm very tempted.
 
I love finding great deals like that. Even if it's something I don't need I feel like it have to buy it, fitness related stuff of course:)
 
I just looked under the freebies section here in Nashville and someone is giving away a herd of sheep! srs

You know you live in the South when.....;)
 
I just looked under the freebies section here in Nashville and someone is giving away a herd of sheep! srs

You know you live in the South when.....;)

Start making money on the side selling wool sweaters! There's serious cash there!
 
Just went to lunch and met the wife at PF (ugh) for a workout, she wanted tips on a few things before she's goes away for training so of course I said I'd help her out while getting my own workout in. There were a couple of guys there that were bigger than me in the upper body, but they were teeter totters: big upper body on toothpick legs. It was a leg day anyway so I thought I'd show them how you get bigger wheels. :fing02:

Smith Machine Deadlift / Single Leg DB Calf Raises to 2 Legs
185 x 10 (more warm up after the bike) / 50 x 8,8 - 8
225 x 8 / 50 x 8,8 - 8
315 x 6 / 50 x 8,8 - 8
355 x 4 / 50 x 8,8 - 8
395 x 2, 355 x 3 / 50 x 8,8 - 8

It sucks doing DLs on Smith machine, but unfortunately at PF you don't have a choice. One of the teeter totters watched my last 2 sets and got a little wide eyed at the last set. In my mind I was thinking "that's how you do it f*cker :fing26:". And I'm pretty sure I almost set off the "lunk alarm" because I may have made a little bit of noise on the second rep of 395.

Smith Machine Squats / Seated DB Calf Raises
135 x 12 / 50s x 20
185 x 8 / 55s x 18
225 x 6 / 60s x 16

Again, a teeter totter on looker, but I felt like it was more of a teaching opportunity than a chance to show off. The one thing I do like about squatting on Smith machines is that hitting depth is much easier than traditional squats. My bottom almost touched the floor on a few reps.

DB SLDLs / Leg Press Machine Calf Raises
75s x 12 / *160* x 15
75s x 12 / *160* x 14
75s x 12 / *160* x 12

Unfortunately their DBs only go up to 75 lbs. (for the people haven't decided on a real gym yet) so I focused on slow eccentrics during the SLDLs. And while I waited for the guy that wanted to work in between sets on the leg press machine, I watched some of the atrocious form, 1/4 reps, 1/2 reps, speed curls, what looked like a guy trying to do sprints on a hamstring curl machine, and guy bouncing the bar off his chest during Smith Machine bench presses. And not only ws he bouncing the bar off his chest on a Smith machine, which is dumb and bad enough, but he was facing the wrong direction! As a former trainer, when I stopped to observe what was going on here, it made me cringe. There was one guy who was doing goblet squats, and he was the only person in there, besides myself and my wife, with excellent form.

45 Degree Leg Press / Leg Press Calf Raises
400 x 15 / 400 x 8

Yikes! Looked at my watch and realised I needed to get back to work! Kissed my sweaty wife good bye, and ran out the door.
 
Good work out and good story lol.
You are frigg'n strong dude. & that's what you did on your lunch break?? :) devotion, man.
 
Good work out and good story lol.
You are frigg'n strong dude. & that's what you did on your lunch break?? :) devotion, man.

I told ya, I'm going to get RIPPED! My wife will be grating cheese on my stomach by the time spring rolls around dammit!
 
So I just posted this on the dbag thread, from today at PF. Please, enjoy.

So after 4 years of home gym workouts, I finally have a story I can post on here! Yaaaaaaay!

Met my wife at PF (ugh, cuz that's where she likes to workout) on lunch to help her with some things before she goes away for military training for a month. I was using a smith machine to deadlift (not the same as the real thing, I know). I only had 315 on the bar at the end of my sets after some heavier sets. I was taking a quick drink when a teeter totter (big upper body, no legs) came over and asked if I was done. I said I was, I just needed to put the weights back. He said that's fine, leave 'em, he was going to bench with that much and he would just lift the bar to the height he needed to get started. "Anything you say man". So not only did he strattle the bar to "get it to height", he struggled just to get it off the ground. His boyfriend, er, workout partner came over and told him to lift one side and he would lift the other. They got it set, put a bench under it, and I stood back to watch the show. After his apparent "mental psych up" that took forever with him walking around huffing and puffing, he got under the bar, unracked it, slowly let it down, and then half way down he dropped the bar on himself, yelled to his "spotter" to get the bar up, which his "spotter" couldn't so I went and gave a hand. When teeter totter stood up he said he was pretty sure he dislocated his shoulder. I just chuckled and walked away and finished my workout. On my way out I asked why they didn't set off the "lunk" alarm? They said he wasn't a big enough guy to qualify. Again I just chuckled. It was totally entertaining.
 
You are frigg'n strong dude..

I missed this part before, thanks bones. But I can't take full credit. The Max-Bulk is really kicking in strength wise. I'll be testing squat and DL pretty soon.
 
Not sure which part of my workout last night is causing it, but my boobies are starting to get really sore.
 
Back
Top