Motivation and Focus

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just got moved to a new position in work that is the opportunity to set me up for going exactly where I want within my company. The only problem is, I can't seem to get the motivation to go above and beyond to really Excel at it like I know can.

I want to do well and know I can, but when it comes to getting to work and being there for 12 hours, I can't get the motivation to think ahead and have trouble focusing on tasks for too long.

I didn't used to have this big of a problem with it, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I take a small amount of Kratom nightly 4-6g. I take a day or two off every now and then and right now I'm taking an unintended break. Sleep is the only thing that's hard when I take breaks but I have other things to help with that.

When I wake in the morning after 5-9 hours sleep, I'm still exhausted no matter the amount. I am wondering if the Kratom is killing motivation (it never did before).

I just need something to help give me that extra drive to go beyond the minimum. Preferably nothing too stimulating that will make it hard to sleep, and nothing addictive.

I've tried several nootrooics and sleep aids. Some noots help, sleep aids have never worked.

Klonopin is the one thing I can take at night that gives me a noticeable chanhe in energy and mood the next day, but I won't take that more than once a week or so.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A couple more thoughts..

I don't crave or feel the need for Kratom during the day. The only issues I seem to get when stopping is insomnia (which I normally have without it anyway) restless legs sometimes.

The Kratom is mainly used to relax and put me in a better mood at night after work, and to help give me some energy to get things done and be happy after working such long hours.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It sounds like the bigger issue is the sleep portion - thinking if you were better rested, you'd be more clear, focused, motivated to work harder? If so, I would try to look at your daily schedule more first, followed by pre-sleep habits, even diet, and then look to the actual work aspects. For me, one thing I know is that if i'm not challenged at work (i.e. interested and something that seems "hard to do/fix") then I get bored and tend to take things very easy and do what is needed but am not motivated to do much more.

whats a daily schedule look like for you?

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I just got moved to a new position in work that is the opportunity to set me up for going exactly where I want within my company. The only problem is, I can't seem to get the motivation to go above and beyond to really Excel at it like I know can.

I want to do well and know I can, but when it comes to getting to work and being there for 12 hours, I can't get the motivation to think ahead and have trouble focusing on tasks for too long.

I didn't used to have this big of a problem with it, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I take a small amount of Kratom nightly 4-6g. I take a day or two off every now and then and right now I'm taking an unintended break. Sleep is the only thing that's hard when I take breaks but I have other things to help with that.

When I wake in the morning after 5-9 hours sleep, I'm still exhausted no matter the amount. I am wondering if the Kratom is killing motivation (it never did before).

I just need something to help give me that extra drive to go beyond the minimum. Preferably nothing too stimulating that will make it hard to sleep, and nothing addictive.

I've tried several nootrooics and sleep aids. Some noots help, sleep aids have never worked.

Klonopin is the one thing I can take at night that gives me a noticeable chanhe in energy and mood the next day, but I won't take that more than once a week or so.
I used Kratom for about a year and half...and then got into Tia. And my motivation was much less on both of them after using them for awhile. At first Kratom got me in the zone for work...but after awhile I found that it was actually interfering with productivity.

I would try not using it for awhile and see if you can regain your mojo.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Deprenyl and galantamine both gave my strong motivation.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I used Kratom for about a year and half...and then got into Tia. And my motivation was much less on both of them after using them for awhile. At first Kratom got me in the zone for work...but after awhile I found that it was actually interfering with productivity.

I would try not using it for awhile and see if you can regain your mojo.
Kratom definitely helps me focus, but it really helps me get to sleep so I only use it at night. I slept just fine last night without any Kratom or anything else to help. I drank a couple glasses of wine before dinner, but if anything small amounts of alcohol hinder my ability to sleep.

I'd like to get away from Kratom nightly but it really does allow for me to be productive in the off hours and helps my mood. I don't seem to get horrible withdrawals like most, but I take daily agmatine and black seed oil to help with that, along with a Klonopin if insomnia gets real bad.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sam-e is great for mood and motivation
Rhodiola in the morning and again mid-afternoon
L-tyrosine and/or mucuna morning and night. The benefit of mucuna is the dopamine motivation and mood and improved sleep at night. Need to cycle it.
Low dose kratom in the morn and maybe early afternoon.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sam-e is great for mood and motivation
Rhodiola in the morning and again mid-afternoon
L-tyrosine and/or mucuna morning and night. The benefit of mucuna is the dopamine motivation and mood and improved sleep at night. Need to cycle it.
Low dose kratom in the morn and maybe early afternoon.
I've been meaning to try sam-e, the price tag has kept me away for the most part.

I tried Rhodiola a few years ago, but would be worth a shot again. I know I've used L-tyrosine in conjunction with other supplements and don't recall getting anything noticeable from it.

I have tried L-dopa pre bed before and it gave me really bad insomnia, I don't recall trying it earlier in the day.

I would like to take Kratom during the day, but I'm hoping to find something that works instead as I don't want to be dosing it multiple times a day, maybe I can try a few things and cycle throughout the week.

I may try some racetams again. I know Noopept leaves me feeling foggy and a little strange so I have to stay away from that.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think some adaptogens may be more beneficial than noots for some of what you want (although a combo might be ideal). I think if you could “stabilize” some things and improve your rest it will help the energy later on.

Rhodiola Rosea, maybe look for a higher Salidroside content (that does seem to be easier to find and more of a trend lately) as that is the more “energizing” portion of the ingredient. Keep in mind Rhodiola is effective on a bell curve, too little give not much effect, but too much can be ineffective too, so play around with dosage.

Alternatively two others I’ve found beneficial in similar cases, albeit in a little bit more abstract way, are Shilajit (Primavie) and Robuvit.

Shilajit is used as a morning “energizer” in some parts of the world. I find it does seem to help with overall fatigued feelings. Some research on CFS implications for it:

Robuvit is one I haven’t seen a ton of other feedback from people on the forums regarding this, but for me it really gave me better “energy”. I found I didn’t need as much caffeine or stimulation and just overall felt better on it. It has some interesting studies as far as CFS as well (and burnout): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29164838/

Maybe a bit out of the box suggestions, but hopefully that can help.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been meaning to try sam-e, the price tag has kept me away for the most part.

I tried Rhodiola a few years ago, but would be worth a shot again. I know I've used L-tyrosine in conjunction with other supplements and don't recall getting anything noticeable from it.

I have tried L-dopa pre bed before and it gave me really bad insomnia, I don't recall trying it earlier in the day.

I would like to take Kratom during the day, but I'm hoping to find something that works instead as I don't want to be dosing it multiple times a day, maybe I can try a few things and cycle throughout the week.

I may try some racetams again. I know Noopept leaves me feeling foggy and a little strange so I have to stay away from that.
Sam e isn't cheap, but it is effective.

Definitely don't take mucuna before bed, it works by increasing dopamine and will give you a lot of energy. Take it first thing in the morning and maybe early afternoon. Later in the day and you won't sleep.

Honestly, for motivation those are going to be a great 1-2 combo.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rhodiola Rosea, maybe look for a higher Salidroside content (that does seem to be easier to find and more of a trend lately) as that is the more “energizing” portion of the ingredient. Keep in mind Rhodiola is effective on a bell curve, too little give not much effect, but too much can be ineffective too, so play around with dosage.
Definitely agree on the high salidrosides. There is a marked energy boost over the normal 3:1 rosavin/Salidroside that is normally used in studies. Also agree on the dosing. Too much and it makes you drowsy and dense. Better to keep it low.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you both. I think I will give Rhodiola a try to start with before adding everything all at once.

Any recommendations on brands/suppliers for it? I looks like about 250mg once or twice a day may be a good starting point.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you both. I think I will give Rhodiola a try to start with before adding everything all at once.

Any recommendations on brands/suppliers for it? I looks like about 250mg once or twice a day may be a good starting point.

Are you on TRT? If not, I find kratom to really mess with your gonadotropin, testosterone, and prolactin levels. And the test dropping and prolactin raising will definitely have you feeling not as tested upon waking or motivated during the day.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Standardized to 3% Salidrosides? That would be a good start.

Nootropics Depot offers some good options and I’ve like Toniq Rhodiola (5% Salidrosides).

I think 7.5mg if Salidrosides content (250mg of 3% material) is a good starting point, 15mg is my most usual, and I’ve gone up to 30mg before any drop back in benefits.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'd personally go with the high salidroside product from ND. There's been a lot of discussion on other forums about companies in china lately passing off rhodiola crenulata (which is high salidroside and I don't believe has any rosavins) as rhodiola rosea. So, unless a company tests for that (like ND), then you there's always the chance you'll get crenulata (not saying it's a bad product...just that it's not rhodiola rosea and doesn't have the extensive studies to back it).

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Are you on TRT? If not, I find kratom to really mess with your gonadotropin, testosterone, and prolactin levels. And the test dropping and prolactin raising will definitely have you feeling not as tested upon waking or motivated during the day.
No I am not. I have gotten Test, free test and Prolactin tested while I was using Kratom and all came back okay, it's been a couple years so I may be due for another test though.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Standardized to 3% Salidrosides? That would be a good start.

Nootropics Depot offers some good options and I’ve like Toniq Rhodiola (5% Salidrosides).

I think 7.5mg if Salidrosides content (250mg of 3% material) is a good starting point, 15mg is my most usual, and I’ve gone up to 30mg before any drop back in benefits.
Yeah I was basing off 3%.. I will check out both Nootropics Depot and Toniq to compare. Thank you.

I'd personally go with the high salidroside product from ND. There's been a lot of discussion on other forums about companies in china lately passing off rhodiola crenulata (which is high salidroside and I don't believe has any rosavins) as rhodiola rosea. So, unless a company tests for that (like ND), then you there's always the chance you'll get crenulata (not saying it's a bad product...just that it's not rhodiola rosea and doesn't have the extensive studies to back it).
Good to know!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

There has not been any correlated evidence with regard to test levels and kratom. There is without question, some degree of physical dependency on kratom when used often and/or for a long period of time. Feeling lethargic, unmotivated, slight anxiety, and restless are all symptoms of this.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There has not been any correlated evidence with regard to test levels and kratom. There is without question, some degree of physical dependency on kratom when used often and/or for a long period of time. Feeling lethargic, unmotivated, slight anxiety, and restless are all symptoms of this.
Not according to my blood work, and others blood work. 100 percent I get gyno growth every time I use kratom. It raises prolactin, and this will lower testosterone. I'm not the only one that gets gyno from kratom and experiences heightened prolactin. There is no good study to prove against this.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you don't want to go script, mucuna is amazing for increasing dopamine.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will probably give Mucuna a try again.. been taking two of the Toniiq 5% Salidrosides (30mg total) the past two days and have gotten a small increase in energy/focus. I will play around with dosing after a few more days as I am now.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is it script only or can you find it out there?
A few nootropics sites sell it and it's pretty cheap. I've tried just about every dopamine sup or drug out there if you want a true dopamine high it's one of the safer routes. Just don't mix it with any pea stims tried that once and damn it's strong.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A few nootropics sites sell it and it's pretty cheap. I've tried just about every dopamine sup or drug out there if you want a true dopamine high it's one of the safer routes. Just don't mix it with any pea stims tried that once and damn it's strong.
I’ve googled and couldn’t find anything. PM me if you don’t care.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Selegiline is a script, not sure how any noot sites could sell it. To your point, it is very strong and sometimes you don't need a sledgehammer to do the work of a regular hammer. Why not start with l-dopa (mucuna) and see how much better you feel first.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Selegiline is a script, not sure how any noot sites could sell it. To your point, it is very strong and sometimes you don't need a sledgehammer to do the work of a regular hammer. Why not start with l-dopa (mucuna) and see how much better you feel first.
Galantamine is a a script too but many nootropic sites have it. L-DOPA can help but it's comparing a chevy volt to a tesla. I'm just saying what works for me. Travel at whatever speed you need.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will probably give Mucuna a try again.. been taking two of the Toniiq 5% Salidrosides (30mg total) the past two days and have gotten a small increase in energy/focus. I will play around with dosing after a few more days as I am now.
One word of caution with mucuna, cut the recommended dose (for NOW brand the caps are 2x 800mg) and assess. Taking 2 at a time can cause a huge, long lasting rush. Very talkative, can't stop moving, jumpy, sweaty, and overall feeling really socially active. If you aren't like that normally, people may wonder what is going on.

They used to have this in a BPS product years ago and I remember the exact feeling.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
One word of caution with mucuna, cut the recommended dose (for NOW brand the caps are 2x 800mg) and assess. Taking 2 at a time can cause a huge, long lasting rush. Very talkative, can't stop moving, jumpy, sweaty, and overall feeling really socially active. If you aren't like that normally, people may wonder what is going on.

They used to have this in a BPS product years ago and I remember the exact feeling.
That's funny, a coworker hurt their back and went to the doctor and found out it was nerve issues.. came back the next day and was acting exactly like this and they had given her Gabapentin, different MoA but similar result if I remember correctly?

Last edited:
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
One other positive since starting the Rhodiola...

During my capstone project I started using a Juul (I know) friends had them and they helped during the mind numbing computer work and I always liked them when I was drinking, so I bought my own. The nicotine definitely helped during the long hours infront of the computer working on 3d models, schedules, etc.

That turned into using it more at work when needing more focus, more use when drinking on the weekends. I started leaving it at home to not use it during the week and just found myself using it after work for 1-2 puffs. It again turned into taking it to work 2-3 days a week to help focus. I broke it about 3 weeks ago because it was making me feel weird and I was relying on it too much. I then bought dip to use for the times I was really struggling to focus/calm down at work. Went through one can and didn't buy anything and just dealt with the cravings and stress. This was about a week before starting the Rhodiola. I just realized today that my desire for nicotine was completely gone.

I'm not sure if it eased the small nicotine addiction that was left, or just helps take the edge off and manages stress some.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those things are worse than crack. My neighbor and his wife walk around with them like they are pacifiers, constantly pulling on them.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New MA Labs Product: ADERALL

Hi, guys. I am super excited about my newest product, Aderall. It just went into production and should be out within the next 3 weeks or so. It will be unlike any other product on the market today, as no other product has the ingredient profile this stuff has. This product is LOADED! Check out the ingredient profile! I have a lot to say about this product, but most of the details will be in the write-up (e.g. product description). For now, I will just touch on the basics.

As you can see, I designed this product to mimic the effects of Adderall, which is not an easy task, but it IS possible. Let's look at the CNS stim blend first. I decided on a combination of dicaffeine male, theacrine and dynamine. Not only will this blend provide a prolonged effect (dicaffeine malate has a longer duration of action compared to regular caffeine), but due to the nature of theacrine and dynamine (and unlike most stim bends), it will not cause the jitters or anxiety, nor will it elevate heart rate or blood pressure to any significant degree. This was an important prerequisite, as the script drug Adderall does not typically provide the erratic, jump out of your seat feeling that many stims provide. Instead, it provides a very intense, but focused effect that lends itself to both physical activity and mental tasks with equal proficiency. For this reason, I knew early on that this particular combo was going to be the foundational CNS component of the product.

The next ingredient falls in the class of compounds known as eugeroics. For this compound, I decided on adrafinil. For those of you who are unfamiliar with adrafinil, it is very cool stuff. It converts directly to modafinil at an impressive rate and as a result, provides the same exact effect as modafinil, yet it lasts considerably longer (about 12-15 hours). Therefore, this product is NOT something you would want to take in the afternoon or evening, but rather in the morning...or at least 12 hours before going to sleep. As you can see, I dosed this compound HIGH at a full 500 mg per serving. This will provide the equivalent of roughly 250-330 mg of modafinil-- a powerful dosage, to be sure. When combined with the stim blend mentioned above, the effect is highly euphoric, invigorating and both physcially and cognitively rejuvenating. Just this combination of ingredients alone would be enough to warrant a product all on its own, but I went WAY further than that. Enter the nootropic blend...

With a blend of phenylpiracetam, sunifiram, alpha GPC, sulbutiamine, l-theanine and huperzine-a, Adderall is a vertiable powerhouse! The phenylpiracetam alone is dosed at 125 mg--a dose you're not going to find in any supplement in this industry (if you find it at all), especially in a combination product like this. Phenylpiracetam is awesome stuff, enhancing both physcial and mental abilities alike. It is widely considered to be the most powerful racetam. Unfortunately, It is banned in IOC competition, so for those of you who are subjected to those testing guidelines, abstinence is required. Like phenylpiracetam, sunifiram is also considered the most powerful compound in its class (the ampakines) and is dosed at a full 10 mg. Throw some alpha GPC on top of that (to supercharge the effects of the racetams and ampakines), some huperzine-a on top of that (which supercharges the effect of alpha GPC), some sulbutiamine and l-theanine...and you have a powerhouse supplement unlike anything else on the market today!

I could go on for pages and pages about each ingredient...how they work together syngergistically, etc., but I will stop here...and those of you who want to learn more, more information will be available when the product is released. Just read the product description on the product page.

Note: Although the ingredient profile shown below lists the product as having 20 servings, the final ingredient profile will have it listed as 20-30 servings, as many people will NOT need (or want) to take the full dosage. With each ingredient being dosed at or above full clinical doses, a full 3 cap dose is very pwerfull. Keep in mind that it takes about 60-75 mminutes for this product to fully kick-in, but once it does, you may find that 3 caps is more than enough for you. Some of you will love the full dose, while others will scale it back a bit. To each their own. :)

Aderall High Potency Psychostimulant-Nootropic Matrix”

60 Capsules
Servings Size:
3 capsules (1,885 mg)
Servings per Bottle: 20

Per Serving:

CNS Stimulant Complex

Dynamine: 250 mg
Dicaffeine Malate: 200 mg
Theacrine: 200 mg

Pro-Modafinil Analogue
Adrafinil: 500 mg

Nootropic Complex

Alpha GPC: 200 mg
Sulbutiamine: 200 mg
L-Theanine: 200 mg
Phenylpiracetam: 125 mg
Sunifiram: 10 mg
Huperzine-A: 100 mcg

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
New MA Labs Product: ADERALL

Hi, guys. I am super excited about my newest product, Aderall. It just went into production and should be out within the next 3 weeks or so. It will be unlike any other product on the market today, as no other product has the ingredient profile this stuff has. This product is LOADED! Check out the ingredient profile! I have a lot to say about this product, but most of the details will be in the write-up (e.g. product description). For now, I will just touch on the basics.

As you can see, I designed this product to mimic the effects of Adderall, which is not an easy task, but it IS possible. Let's look at the CNS stim blend first. I decided on a combination of dicaffeine male, theacrine and dynamine. Not only will this blend provide a prolonged effect (dicaffeine malate has a longer duration of action compared to regular caffeine), but due to the nature of theacrine and dynamine (and unlike most stim bends), it will not cause the jitters or anxiety, nor will it elevate heart rate or blood pressure to any significant degree. This was an important prerequisite, as the script drug Adderall does not typically provide the erratic, jump out of your seat feeling that many stims provide. Instead, it provides a very intense, but focused effect that lends itself to both physical activity and mental tasks with equal proficiency. For this reason, I knew early on that this particular combo was going to be the foundational CNS component of the product.

The next ingredient falls in the class of compounds known as eugeroics. For this compound, I decided on adrafinil. For those of you who are unfamiliar with adrafinil, it is very cool stuff. It converts directly to modafinil at an impressive rate and as a result, provides the same exact effect as modafinil, yet it lasts considerably longer (about 12-15 hours). Therefore, this product is NOT something you would want to take in the afternoon or evening, but rather in the morning...or at least 12 hours before going to sleep. As you can see, I dosed this compound HIGH at a full 500 mg per serving. This will provide the equivalent of roughly 250-330 mg of modafinil-- a powerful dosage, to be sure. When combined with the stim blend mentioned above, the effect is highly euphoric, invigorating and both physcially and cognitively rejuvenating. Just this combination of ingredients alone would be enough to warrant a product all on its own, but I went WAY further than that. Enter the nootropic blend...

With a blend of phenylpiracetam, sunifiram, alpha GPC, sulbutiamine, l-theanine and huperzine-a, Adderall is a vertiable powerhouse! The phenylpiracetam alone is dosed at 125 mg--a dose you're not going to find in any supplement in this industry (if you find it at all), especially in a combination product like this. Phenylpiracetam is awesome stuff, enhancing both physcial and mental abilities alike. It is widely considered to be the most powerful racetam. Unfortunately, It is banned in IOC competition, so for those of you who are subjected to those testing guidelines, abstinence is required. Like phenylpiracetam, sunifiram is also considered the most powerful compound in its class (the ampakines) and is dosed at a full 10 mg. Throw some alpha GPC on top of that (to supercharge the effects of the racetams and ampakines), some huperzine-a on top of that (which supercharges the effect of alpha GPC), some sulbutiamine and l-theanine...and you have a powerhouse supplement unlike anything else on the market today!

I could go on for pages and pages about each ingredient...how they work together syngergistically, etc., but I will stop here...and those of you who want to learn more, more information will be available when the product is released. Just read the product description on the product page.

Note: Although the ingredient profile shown below lists the product as having 20 servings, the final ingredient profile will have it listed as 20-30 servings, as many people will NOT need (or want) to take the full dosage. With each ingredient being dosed at or above full clinical doses, a full 3 cap dose is very pwerfull. Keep in mind that it takes about 60-75 mminutes for this product to fully kick-in, but once it does, you may find that 3 caps is more than enough for you. Some of you will love the full dose, while others will scale it back a bit. To each their own. :)

Aderall High Potency Psychostimulant-Nootropic Matrix”

60 Capsules
Servings Size:
3 capsules (1,885 mg)
Servings per Bottle: 20

Per Serving:

CNS Stimulant Complex

Dynamine: 250 mg
Dicaffeine Malate: 200 mg
Theacrine: 200 mg

Pro-Modafinil Analogue
Adrafinil: 500 mg

Nootropic Complex

Alpha GPC: 200 mg
Sulbutiamine: 200 mg
L-Theanine: 200 mg
Phenylpiracetam: 125 mg
Sunifiram: 10 mg
Huperzine-A: 100 mcg
That definitely looks like a solid formula. I've yet to try any of the -finils as I've gotten to the point where anything stronger than coffee tends to give me anxiety and trouble sleeping.. but that was before I was working 12-13 hours a day.

If I remember correctly, phenylpiracetam shouldn't be dosed daily correct? So this would just be something to use a few times a week?

matteoF1

Awards
Something that give motivation and focus upon walking so to take only the morning?

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If I remember correctly, phenylpiracetam shouldn't be dosed daily correct? So this would just be something to use a few times a week?
Don't see why it's pretty safe and most racetams you should take daily since the effect builds.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't see why it's pretty safe and most racetams you should take daily since the effect builds.
I have always heard that tolerance buildup is extremely fast with phenylpiracetam, hence why they say to take 1 day on 2 off to feel max benefits. Its been awhile since I have looked into these protocols closely so things may have changed but thats what they use to push

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have always heard that tolerance buildup is extremely fast with phenylpiracetam, hence why they say to take 1 day on 2 off to feel max benefits. Its been awhile since I have looked into these protocols closely so things may have changed but thats what they use to push
The tolerance buildup is to the stimulating effects...which are more of an initial side effect. The studies on phenylpiracetam used is daily for months.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The tolerance buildup is to the stimulating effects...which are more of an initial side effect. The studies on phenylpiracetam used is daily for months.
This. People feel that it isn't working because there is a rapid tolerance build to the energy, but the cognitive benefits build. If you take it recreationally as I like to do, then frequent breaks are needed.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very good point, thanks for clarifying

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That definitely looks like a solid formula. I've yet to try any of the -finils as I've gotten to the point where anything stronger than coffee tends to give me anxiety and trouble sleeping.. but that was before I was working 12-13 hours a day.

Yes, tolerance to phenylpiracetam's stimulating effect builds fairly quickly, but it's cognitive benefits actually increase with regular use. More importantly, phenyl is just one of 10 ingredients within the product...and the stimulating effects of phenyl account for only a small portion of the product's overall stimulating (I.e. energy, alterness, etc.) effect. So, no, you do not need to limit the product's usage to only a couple times per week.

In other words, you could use this stuff 5 days and week and since phenyl only provides a small portion of the product's stimulatory effects, you are very unlikely to even notice the decrease. Besides, as stated above, phenyl provides a whole lot of cognitive benefits which can only be optimized with regular use.

As far as the rest of the ingredient go, none of them build tolerance...except for caffeine, but everyone already knows that...and there are tons of guys who take pre-workouts (which are loaded with caffeine) almost every day of the week.

The cool thing about this product is that it's primary "stimulating/energy producing" ingredients continue providing maximum benefit even if you use it daily for years. For example, theacrine, dynamine and adrafinil don't build any tolerance at all, even with daily use. Neither do any of the other nootropic compounds.

So, in conclusion, the answer is NO, you do NOT need to limit the use of this product to only a couple days per week. It's realm of effects are so diverse and complimentary, that losing a tiny bit of stimulation (relatively speaking) is hardly a reason to forego all of its other benefits.

Last edited:

matteoF1

Awards
Guys, what is indicated to take upon waking for have more focus and energy during working? I mean some nootropic.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guys, what is indicated to take upon waking for have more focus and energy during working? I mean some nootropic.
Look at post #34 above. :)

matteoF1

Awards

So you suggest to take only if is really necessary ? Have too many sides and risk to have depression after use that for a long period?
Is better start with rodhiola is that more soft?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love rhodiola, so I would always advocate for it. Honestly, mucuna works well for me and I don't suffer from sides that much, though there is definitely a "down" period after stopping or taking breaks. It's powerful and some report longer lasting sides so it is something to be cautious with.