Most slept on bodybuilder foods??

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm a college student with a very short food budget. BUT I've started diving into finding real cheap yet high quality foods. Currently I'm cutting and quality protein is the main portion of all my money, so finding a great cheap protein was my goal. Chicken gizzards are a dollar a pound and remind me of chicken ground beef hybrid that super easy to chuck 10 pounds at a time in a pressure cooker and be set for a week! It adds a solid high protein low fat addition to the diet..I just wanted to know what other foods people may have found that are cheap and what else the community may recommend for a broke ass student like myself! I'm a good cook so as long as you give me a ingredient and an idea I can work my magic to make it work lol

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sorry for the double the system told me it didn't go through

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chicken gizzards, hearts and livers are super cheap and great. You can also find really cheap beef liver at times too so be on the lookout. Watch for sales on chicken breasts or quatered chickens. I can find those for $1.25 - $1.50 lb with coupons at times. Bulk buying eggs in those 36-48 count cartons are also super cheap. Everyone knows about eggs but you can save a ton in bulk so just throwing it out there since cost is your concern.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pasteurized liquid egg whites. About 100g of protein per carton for less than $6. You don’t even have to cook them.

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I already go through tons of eggwhites lol...cant get much more bang for you buck calorie wise on a cut

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you want to watch for what they call last day meat. Which means it has 3-5 days left before the last day they can sell it. Usually you can get it cheap and in quantity. I’ve gotten ground meats for less then $2 a pound

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can you get access to a sams club or similar? Good deals on huge packs of chicken tenderloins/breasts...ground beef

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Can you get access to a sams club or similar? Good deals on huge packs of chicken tenderloins/breasts...ground beef
Sadly no bulk shops here I'm in Boston and have to walk back and forth half a mile for groceries from either target or star mart and am limited to just what I can carry...