Most overrated QB's in the NFL!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
sweet jesus my arguements are getting gang raped lol. i cant be the only vick backer on this forum?! help! :toofunny:
He's fun to watch.He always gives his team a punchers chance to win.He hasn't committed any crimes and doesn't rip his teamates or management.However his salary to Superbowl trophy ratio is way out of wack..just like Manning and Mcnabb. Tom Brady,Ken Johnson,Trent Dilfer,Kurt Warner and Brett Favre. Only five starting QBs have superbowl rings, three of which no longer play with their championship team..so Vick has alot of company and alot of money.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
haha Sam Gado is the slowest player I've seen in a long long long time, can't believe he has been effective. quote]

since when is a 4.4 40yd slow? but he does fumble too much, thats why he got pulled
he was slow and pathetic last night. I don't know about the 4.4 - but he shows nothing close to that with pads on and the ball in his hand. Side-to-side has is really slow as well. He did have a nice catch in the 2nd quarter. He's a good guy and I wish him well but Tony Fisher looked a lot faster.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
sweet jesus my arguements are getting gang raped lol. i cant be the only vick backer on this forum?! help! :toofunny:
I'm a believer in Vick, the Falcons' winning percentage is twice as high with him than without him, that can't some huge coincidence. The guy may not throw the beautiful touch passes like Manning but he wins his way and that's fine as long as you win at the end of the day. Only bad thing about Vick's style is he'll eventually have to become a good passer or perish because he can't stay healthy playing that way another 7-10 years.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Vick has been playing better the past few weeks. At the dolphins he was something like 20 of 30 for 200 or so yards and in the Tampa bay game he threw for 300 yards which is a hell of allot better than 10 of 25 for 150 yards which was what he did in the first half of the season. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up. It's funny to me that when they win Vick gets it done and when they loose it's someone else's fault.
Except when Vick fumbles right? :icon_lol:

Vick is a good player... but definitely not the "revolution" that all the media-hype was giving him...
He was supposed to revolutionize the QB position; and it isnt happening...
You want to see a QB position revolution? Take a look at Peyton Manning... don't look at the stats... watch the damn game.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Vick's decent, but he's no Rich Gannon :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Anyone doubting me now about Culpepper being overrated (for all of those who did). Didn't think so.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone doubting me now about Culpepper being overrated (for all of those who did). Didn't think so.
Was Bledsoe over rated in New England? Hell no.

it just so happens the team is finding a way to win with a new QB at the helm. Perhaps the O-line is better a little tougher than if Culpeper was in there?

Sometimes teams just step up when the main guy goes down and realize they all have to work to get the job done.

I wouldn't pin Culpepper as over rated just yet.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
give me a break dude. the Vikes haven't one A GAME with their offense yet. every team they've beaten has been PATHETIC from top to bottom.

one thing Brad Johnson has done though is protect the ball and minimize turnovers. that's one reason he's been successful. if Daunte could do that, he'd be as good as it gets.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
He's fun to watch. He always gives his team a punchers chance to win. He hasn't committed any crimes and doesn't rip his teamates or management.
game, set, match!

let me re-iterate: he's fun to watch - not unlike the semi-legendary (and notoriously UNtough) Steve Bartkowski. Bart had many faults as a field commander and as a QB, but he was riveting to watch, and the stands stayed full when he was in the game: he made stuff happen, and it glued the fans to their seats.

IMO Vick is a better player all around, but is definitely in the Bartkowski mold; if he can stay healthy & get stronger/tougher, I think he'll have a really great career.

it IS a game, after all, and if the fans don't care, there is no point to it.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
one thing Brad Johnson has done though is protect the ball and minimize turnovers. that's one reason he's been successful. if Daunte could do that, he'd be as good as it gets.
Well there you go. Thanks for making my point. Dante is a turnover machine.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I'll say it again: Kyle Boller is the most overrated player in sports
he is not even below-average, he is horrible

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I'll say it again: Kyle Boller is the most overrated player in sports
he is not even below-average, he is horrible
I did not follow the progression of how he became such a fixture in Baltimore. Does anyone know how this guy got to be starting QB in the NFL? Was he a combine giant? I don't remember a legendary college career. Does he have some dirt on Billek? The head coach seems to have a pathalogical need to support him. I think it will ultimately cost him his job.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Was Bledsoe over rated in New England? Hell no.

it just so happens the team is finding a way to win with a new QB at the helm. Perhaps the O-line is better a little tougher than if Culpeper was in there?

Sometimes teams just step up when the main guy goes down and realize they all have to work to get the job done.

I wouldn't pin Culpepper as over rated just yet.
If you go by the system that the NFL uses to rate its QBs, than Culpepper is right up there with the best. I think both he and Bledsoe drop down to average when the get knock around a little.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I did not follow the progression of how he became such a fixture in Baltimore. Does anyone know how this guy got to be starting QB in the NFL? Was he a combine giant? I don't remember a legendary college career. Does he have some dirt on Billek? The head coach seems to have a pathalogical need to support him. I think it will ultimately cost him his job.
I think once Billek showed that he was the guy, he decided to stay with him. And Billek isn't on the hot seat in Baltimore...not yet at least:twisted:
As for most under rated I think anyone that says Farve is nuts. If most of you guys played with his team you would have quit and left the building. The guys team is horrible. And it does seem like their waiting fro him to retire.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Between the combine and Jeff Tedford at Cal, Boller's stock was horribly overvalued once the draft came around. the surpride is that Balto took him considering the strong drafts they have had.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
More evidence of the Tedford - Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, and Aaron Rodgers. Granted Rodgers hasn't played yet, but considering this track record, I don't think he will succeed.

Mental Energy

Awards
I see that some people don't know anything thing about football. The people making comments about Vick and Culpepper being overrated are crazy. You are probably people that the last time you put on a football uniform was for Halloween. If you played the game you would know how hard it is to win. There are no style points. Vick and Culpepper are two of the best in the game. Last time I remembered, Vick won 13 games last year and missed a few games. Manning threw for 49 TD's and didn't win the Superbowl did he? Stats dont mean everything. Vick has an intangible for winning.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established

Oh I always said the same thing. Just not on this forum. I cant remember how many black friends of mine would jump down my throat the MOMENT I said something negative about Culpepper or McNair... (both of who I think are SERIOUSLY overrated)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I see that some people don't know anything thing about football. The people making comments about Vick and Culpepper being overrated are crazy. You are probably people that the last time you put on a football uniform was for Halloween. If you played the game you would know how hard it is to win. There are no style points. Vick and Culpepper are two of the best in the game. Last time I remembered, Vick won 13 games last year and missed a few games. Manning threw for 49 TD's and didn't win the Superbowl did he? Stats dont mean everything. Vick has an intangible for winning.
Really? Last I checked the Falcons didnt even GO to the superbowl? Vick won 12 games last year first of all (only 11 in the regular season)... and most of them werent very big wins either... they BARELY won. His passing % was 56... gimme a BREAK. Losing to the Lions, the Saints, etc... Also, winning many games in the NFC of 2004 wasnt exactly HARD.

Whereas Manning BLEW OUT almost everyone. Their problem was defense; which has now been rectified of course. Of course you don't throw 49 TDs unless you are a DAMN GOOD QB. In fact Vick has thrown and rushed for 65 TDs in his entire career. Manning had 53 total TDs last year.... What does that tell you? Please don't compare Vick to Manning again please. You can go on and on about 'intangibles' and winning... but Vick isnt winning. He's fumbling the ball quite often, his accuracy sucks when compared to other highly rated QBs.

Saying someone is overrated, doesnt mean they are a bad player. I think you're TOTALLY misunderstanding a simple definition here. Overrated means someone is being totally hyped up to be a better player than they really are. Which describes Vick to a TEE. He is a great player, mind you... you cant play in the NFL for a while unless you ARE. But he's a mediocre passer and a dangerous runner (though there are at least 3 RBs that are better runners than he is and they dont get hurt)

Culpepper is a good QB... but so is every QB in the league. I think he's more akin to Drew Bledsoe, Doug Flutie, or Kurt Warner. I would like to put Tom Brady in this list too, his greatness is more of a reflection of his whole team (and more importantly, his coach) We see how well those 'intangibles' do this season when his secondary is decimated and starting RB isnt playing 100%.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Vick does have an intangible for winning. It is his sub 4.3 speed in his legs the guy has crazy acceleration and is hard to game plan against.It was the Falcons running game and defense that got them to the NFC championship.Michael Vick needs to develop his passing game. He is very inaccurate. He throws a terrible long ball for a guy who has one of the strongest arms in the league.

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
The question was who is the most overated quarterback, Vick is a great player, but a below average quarterback. His decision making skills are suspect. He has only ever thrown for 300 yards in 3 games. Matt Schaub proved this year that the Atlanta receivers can catch. Vic is overrated.

My pick for the most overrated is Ben Roethlesberger.

Mostunderated = Matt Hasselbeck.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Last time I remembered, Vick won 13 games last year and missed a few games. Manning threw for 49 TD's and didn't win the Superbowl did he? Stats dont mean everything. Vick has an intangible for winning.
Ok then if winning is your criteria for the best QBs in the game, what has vick won? Has he won a super bowl? Vick had a pretty big divisional game today, did he win that? Also if winning is how you judge a QB why aren't you saying Brady is the best in the game? Why aren't you saying the Brady gets it done mantra on every sports show instead of vick?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey fucktard. Vick's really getting the job done lately isn't it?

You tool.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
The problem with Vick is that he puts the Falcons into a position where he HAS to make plays in the 4th because of his inability to do so in the first 3 quarters. Wow, he makes some good drives with his legs. Most QBs would be making more out of his team than he is. Plainly put, if he could throw and keep drives sustained with his arm more often, they'd score more and not have to pull a rabbit out of their asses in 4th.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
Also if winning is how you judge a QB why aren't you saying Brady is the best in the game? Why aren't you saying the Brady gets it done mantra on every sports show instead of vick?
well then i return the question to you i guess you can say that brady has fallen off considerably this year then? all this vick haterism is sad. you guys really need a hobby. let go of the hate. it will only shorten your life. it's getting kind of ridiculous.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well then i return the question to you i guess you can say that brady has fallen off considerably this year then? all this vick haterism is sad. you guys really need a hobby. let go of the hate. it will only shorten your life. it's getting kind of ridiculous.
Nah. I am enjoying it imensely :)

As far as Brady, yes. He's fall off alot this year. Given how many injuries that team is dealing with and the O-line... its not surprising.

What's Vick's defence?

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
vick's defense is they lost their best o-lineman in free agency and its only his 2nd year in the offense. also they are putting up points, at last checked they were in the top 10 in scoring so it's not the o's fault for atl's losses this year. minus probably yesterday. their d has given up 100+ yds rushing in all but 3 games this year. that and they have a 2nd yr and rookie receiver starting and roddy is just healthy now after 10 weeks of ankle injuries. the o-line is better suited for run blocking... the list goes on my friend. give it another year. for somebody who is 7-4 this year as a starter he sure receives a lot of flak. should i go on? lol

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
vick's defense is they lost their best o-lineman in free agency and its only his 2nd year in the offense. also they are putting up points, at last checked they were in the top 10 in scoring so it's not the o's fault for atl's losses this year. minus probably yesterday. their d has given up 100+ yds rushing in all but 3 games this year. that and they have a 2nd yr and rookie receiver starting and roddy is just healthy now after 10 weeks of ankle injuries. the o-line is better suited for run blocking... the list goes on my friend. give it another year. for somebody who is 7-4 this year as a starter he sure receives a lot of flak. should i go on? lol
Hmmm.

Bears are 9 and 3. And there's no way in hell I am suggesting Orton is responsible for ANY of those wins.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
somebody who is 7-4 this year as a starter he sure receives a lot of flak. should i go on? lol
Your saying that 7 and 4 is something to be proud of and he should be credited with those wins.

The Bears and Orton are better than the Flacons (in terms of wins) at this point so Orton should be hailed at all mighty liek Vick then.

:)

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I have never said that Brady is the best QB in the game. Under your rationale you should be though. I have never said that Tom Brady gets it done because I understand the FB is a team sport. You can have the best offense in the world but if your defense sucks your in trouble. This is demonstrated by the colts, Chiefs of the past, and unfortunately the patriots this season. What I don't under stand is the Vick lovers chain of logic. You guys love to say Vick gets it done and put all responsibly for winning games on Vick but when Vick looses it's someone else's fault. When confronted by his subpar QB ratings the Vick lovers logic says QB rating doesn't matter winning does. The Vick lover then goes on to attack Manning asking what he has done. This chain of logic makes absolutely no sense.
1. If winning games is the criteria for being a good QB why aren't you saying Brady is the best because the patriots have won 3 SBs in the past 4 years? Why not another QB that has a higher Winning percentage.
2. How can you say, "what has Manning done?", when Vick has done nothing as well. Manning has broken the record for most TD thrown in a season which in my mind is a pretty good indication the guy is a pretty good QB. Has Vick broken any records that would be indicative of a QB? No Has Vick won a SB before Peyton? No The only record Vick might break is rushing yards by a QB. The guy doesn't know when to slide so he probably won't stay healthy that long.

The Vick lovers logic chain makes no sense. I am not a Vick hater I am just tired of people saying the guy walks on water when he might have allot of athletic talent but isn't that good of a QB.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Let's see whose career is longer and who does more for their team. I'm guessing because of the way Vick plays, he won't be around that long. He's constantly injured because of how he plays and it will ultimately yield him to have a short, relatively ineffective reign in the NFL whereas Manning, Brady, etc, will be effective for MANY years to come.

Ultimately Vick will be remembered as a fun player to watch but a guy who never could become a true NFL QB and thusly will never win a Super Bowl. A QBs first job is to manage the offense and pass. When the offense gets into long yardage situations, running is the not the solution, it's passing, something he clearly can not do yet. A passing QB sustains drives, eats times off the clock and is productive and effecient. With efficiency comes lack of turnovers, yet another HUGE knock on Vick.

He's may be a fun player to watch but he's not a franchise QB.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about that Michael Vick?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking pussy just laid down and all but quit last night in the forth quarter.

13 of 32 passing 122 yard.
35 rushing yards

HAHAHA. He got his fucking ass HANDED to him.

8 and 6 record. Can we NOW finally say he's about as overrated as it gets?

HAHAHAHAHAH Goooo Vick. LOL Pussy!

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
How about that Michael Vick?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking pussy just laid down and all but quit last night in the forth quarter.

13 of 32 passing 122 yard.
35 rushing yards

HAHAHA. He got his fucking ass HANDED to him.

8 and 6 record. Can we NOW finally say he's about as overrated as it gets?

HAHAHAHAHAH Goooo Vick. LOL Pussy!
i dont know what fucking game you watched but i was there. there were a TON of dropped balls mostly by crumpler, he got those 35 yards on 2 runs. his ints, well, they were horribly underthrown which shocked the hell out of me. they took dunn out of the game and replaced him with duckett who cant catch anything out of the backfield in the second half, not sure why. I dont see how a bad game against the number one d with a windchill of -8 makes him a pussy. but since the ALMIGHTY HOUSEMAN SAID SO!!! and just so you kno, vick is 8-5 this year. if youre gonna talk **** get your facts right.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i dont know what fucking game you watched but i was there. there were a TON of dropped balls mostly by crumpler, he got those 35 yards on 2 runs. his ints, well, they were horribly underthrown which shocked the hell out of me. they took dunn out of the game and replaced him with duckett who cant catch anything out of the backfield in the second half, not sure why. I dont see how a bad game against the number one d with a windchill of -8 makes him a pussy. but since the ALMIGHTY HOUSEMAN SAID SO!!! and just so you kno, vick is 8-5 this year. if youre gonna talk **** get your facts right.
8 and 5. Over fucking rated.

How come when the Falcons win, its because of Vick and when the Falcons lose, its because of someone other than Vick?

That pussy had no running game to get the job done which meant he had to play QB. And since, as QB, he sucks donkey balls, he couldn't do it with the arm either.

Good QB's rise to the occasion. Well, good players in general rise to the occassion. Falcons play-offs hinged a lot on this game. They needed this win. Not only did they lose but they got fucking OWNED.

8 and 5 record. I stand corrected. I was a little giddy there for a second. Oh hell, make it 8 and 6 after next week's lose to TB or will they actually beat them this time around?

LOL. **** Vick. Pussy.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
How come when the Falcons win, its because of Vick and when the Falcons lose, its because of someone other than Vick?

That pussy had no running game to get the job done which meant he had to play QB.
im not saying he didnt have anything to do with the loss, like i mentioned, his ints were awful when his receivers were incredibly open deep. but his usual dependable tight end dropped a ton of catchable balls. not vick's fault. they took his option in the flat (dunn) out in the second half for some reason, not his fault. and for not having a running game youre right.... 110+ yards against the number 1 d in the league is pretty shitty. they should just contract the team since they suck so bad. and actually atl won in tb last year pretty solidly after they lost to them at home so you shouldnt be surprised if it happens again. but of course you already knew that. you know everything :rolleyes:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
114 yard rushing for a team that is tops in the league with an average of 173.

I'd say they got slammed and slammed hard.

Yes yes. I know everything. Thanks for the props. lol

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I'm with Houseman on this one. owned big time.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Vick was 13-32, for 122 yards. How is that any different from how he usually performs passing? In the rushing department he was 6 attempts for 35 yards. This is what I have been saying about him all along. If your defense is good enough to take away the run and make Vick beat you with his arm he can't do it.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about that Michael Vick ladies and gentlemen?

LOL

Punk ass loser.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Vick is the answer to this question -- hands down. No need to even discuss any further... it can just be locked.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
i cant believe how you guys can completely ignore daunte culpepper. when he was in the vikings were just awful and then brad johnson steps in and almost gets them to the playoffs. clearly daunte was a beneficiary of having randy moss all these years. at least atl loses when vick isnt in and usually pretty bad. he started off 11-13 in this past game and then the defense couldnt stop anybody and it made them throw all the time. no qb is good in those situations. you guys are just fucking haters. and its pretty pathetic how much energy you put into this hatred. i feel sorry for you.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
actually, Daunte had a HORRIBLE offensive line and tons of injuries.

when Brad Johnson came back the line got better PLUS they significantly changed the offense for him.

Johnson's first 2 games the defense scored ALL of their points....

one thing I'll say with Johnson is that he didn't turn the ball over, which is what Daunte needs to badly work on.

truly it was a strange time for Vikings fans. in the preseason Daunte was sensational. he completed every pass, the line was blocking great and he looked absolutely dominating. he was decisive and looked like a different person. as the regular season came about a few injuries and a lack of confidence hurt him.

Daunte's success was NOT due to Moss. When Moss was out 2 years ago Daunte was extraordinary with a passer rating of over 120.... i'd say Moss helped, but Culpepper is, more than anything, a guy who gets down on himself and it can really effect his play.

i personally think the offense the Vikings has run has been a joke. for all the Vikings fans, when was the last time you saw them run a slant pattern or a 15 yard up and in? NEVER. they either run downfield or run a dumpoff pass. get a clue O-coordinator.... sigh...

regardless, Daunte did look horrible this year but i think he's still a very talented QB that needs to keep his head up and hold onto the ball.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I said Daunte Culpepper was overrated several times. He is a better "QB" than Vick though. Vick needs to get his head out of his ass and focus on somehow becoming a better QB first and a running back second.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Daunte needs a real offense, needs to learn to hold onto the fuggin ball, and needs to improve on his vision.

Sigh...

Vick, I just don't know if he can ever be a real NFL QB... or even a good QB. Defenses are slowly learning to contain him and if he doesn't learn to pass he'll just be another fun QB that'll never amount to anything.

Sure, he has some good comebacks but that's because he's but the team in that position the first 3 quarters... if you suck 3 quarters then play good in the 4th and outrun everyone that doesn't make you a good QB...

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
i cant believe how you guys can completely ignore daunte culpepper. when he was in the vikings were just awful and then brad johnson steps in and almost gets them to the playoffs. clearly daunte was a beneficiary of having randy moss all these years. at least atl loses when vick isnt in and usually pretty bad. he started off 11-13 in this past game and then the defense couldnt stop anybody and it made them throw all the time. no qb is good in those situations. you guys are just fucking haters. and its pretty pathetic how much energy you put into this hatred. i feel sorry for you.
No body talks about Culpepper like they do Vick either. I have never heard the terms Culpepper is the most electrifying player in football or Culpepper gets it done. Also, in years past he has had statistically good years as a QB or in other words he can throw the ball unlike Vick. Face it .......Vick sucks and needs to learn to pass the ball. In fact if the afc east was better this year the jets and dolphins probably would have beat Vick as well. If you take away the run and make Vick beat you with his arm he can't do it.