Most legit scam I've seen

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Such bull sh;t on the part of usps .
I’ve had so much **** with the wrong address delivered to my house I can’t even count but yet they f!ck you out of your package

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Such bull sh;t on the part of usps .
I’ve had so much **** with the wrong address delivered to my house I can’t even count but yet they f!ck you out of your package
Oh no bro! It looks legit and I have packages on the way but this is totally a scam. Tracking does not match any of my packages... They're trying to get cc info

What's worse is the us is having crazy artic weather so packages are not being delivered atm. Makes it seem even more legit

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get no less than 2-3 texts about needing to confirm a package/delivery every day. Once I got USPS, UPS, and FedEx all in the same day; I don't even use UPS or FedEx lmao. Among other things such as lose weight, renew Netflix account, etc. Not to mention the constant phone calls too. It's getting out of hand.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I get no less than 2-3 texts about needing to confirm a package/delivery every day. Once I got USPS, UPS, and FedEx all in the same day; I don't even use UPS or FedEx lmao. Among other things such as lose weight, renew Netflix account, etc. Not to mention the constant phone calls too. It's getting out of hand.
Btw, we've been trying to reach you about your cars extended warranty...

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bastards are getting crafty too! Calling with a local number and whatnot
Just 40 minutes ago for me. I basically never answer my phone at this point.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s fucking insane what they can do these days bro.

I recently got a call from ‘my bank’ - said they’d blocked a big transaction as they wanted to check it was me - it wasn’t (I’ve had this before so didn’t seem unusual). At this point didn’t ask me for any details that identified my card number etc.

the initial guy puts me through to his colleague to cancel the transaction and block the card. She then asks for the last 10 digits of the card number (saying, of course we’ll never ask for the full card number sir). Not sure why but something made me ask her how i could be sure she was calling from my bank, she said to look at the number she called from and cross check it, sure enough it was my banks number as printed on my card.

she just didn’t sound right though so I said I’d call her back just to be safe. Turns out it was a scam and they had a way to make their number match the official bank number. Unbelievably good scam.

I got really lucky to swerve that one

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s fucking insane what they can do these days bro.

I recently got a call from ‘my bank’ - said they’d blocked a big transaction as they wanted to check it was me - it wasn’t (I’ve had this before so didn’t seem unusual). At this point didn’t ask me for any details that identified my card number etc.

the initial guy puts me through to his colleague to cancel the transaction and block the card. She then asks for the last 10 digits of the card number (saying, of course we’ll never ask for the full card number sir). Not sure why but something made me ask her how i could be sure she was calling from my bank, she said to look at the number she called from and cross check it, sure enough it was my banks number as printed on my card.

she just didn’t sound right though so I said I’d call her back just to be safe. Turns out it was a scam and they had a way to make their number match the official bank number. Unbelievably good scam.

I got really lucky to swerve that one
It’s true they can use a proxy of sorts. My buddies and I would mess with each other back in the day by sending texts or calls that appear to be from someone else’s number of our choosing.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We sent $400 worth of gift cards to an employee via usps and she never received it.
Also, I received a phone call from them yesterday (so weird, like aren’t they busy delivering mail?) regarding the new price changes. I asked her a few questions and she couldn’t even tell me the answers.

Also, it’s that time of the year for scams. I’ve been getting calls from Amazon, Apple, Chase Bank, Visa, IRS, etc non stop.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get the call from social security about once a week.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than the web url it looks very official and legit lol be on the up and up....
Yeah, I agree. The best way you can tell if it's a phishing scam is by look at the URL. That's always a dead giveaway.

I would report that email to PhishTank, [email protected], and you can also report it to [email protected].

Although it can be sometimes hard to tell a phishing scam on your phone, rather than your browser. If you're reading these in your browser, I recommend the NetCraft Browser Extension which will detect and alert you for phishing sites and you can report them if you find them. Gmail also has an option for anti-phishing. If you're on mobile, I recommend getting an antivirus tool with phishing protection. I personally like McAfee Mobile, which has a feature to auto-wipe your phone if someone enters the pin number wrong 10 times, but I don't think it has an anti-phishing guard.

Just 40 minutes ago for me. I basically never answer my phone at this point.
All mobile providers have free anti-spam tools now available after lawmakers passed legislation enforcing it. You can learn how to set up the tools here:

You can also sign up to the National Do Not call List here:

Your state might also have a do not call list:

Further reading:

EDIT: I was looking around at anti-spam software and I came across this. You should take this quiz from Google if you can spot phishing emails. It's a learning aid and will help teach you how to notice and avoid phishing emails:

Last edited:
Reactions: ZOO
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just got one from England saying my great aunt died. Very official with UPS delivery.