Most Hardcore Program in the World? 2 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

After having a back injury, I was not able to workout for a year.

I'm currently 5'8", about 200 lbs, and between 20-30% bodyfat.

Two weeks ago, I joined a gym in North China and started working out again. My strength went up from about 50% of pre-injury levels to 80% of pre-injury levels.

I am not doing gear, but I do have access to good food, protein powder, etc.

My goals are to learn above movement prep to fix the tight hamstrings and hip flexors, and activate the weak and inactive glutes and abs, that occur because of sitting too much.

In addition to movement prep, I'd like to continue some standard barbell training like Mark Rippetoe, as well as gain some muscle mass and trim down with perhaps bodyweight finishers.

1. What training programs do you recommend?

I'm guessing a combination of core performance, PHAT, and maybe Mike Whitfield's bodyweight finishers.

2. Again, I want to reiterate that I am finally at a point in my job where I can exercise 2 hours a day, 7 days a week. I just want something super-hardcore where I can train like a madman, eat like a horse, and end up more solid.

slicer89

slicer89

Awards
  • Established
Im not a doctor but if you are recovering from a back injury, even a year out, i would ease into it and start at a beginner/intermediate level. Bodybuilding.com offers a lot of solid workout plans.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im not a doctor but if you are recovering from a back injury, even a year out, i would ease into it and start at a beginner/intermediate level. Bodybuilding.com offers a lot of solid workout plans.
Was going to say something very similar to this. OP, more is not always better. 2 hrs every day 7 days a week is too much for the majority of people, let alone someone that just started working out again and is recovering from a back injury.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That level of training is WAY too much and there is no need for it. Also, as mentioned, coming back from an injury especially a back injury should be approached in a slow cautious manner.

But, to answer your question- DC or Mountain Dog training can fit the bill for brutal, mass building routines.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
IMO that's totally unnecessary and asking for trouble. And possibly crap gains too. I would try a higher rep, moderate volume 3-4x/week approach where you are ensuring you are not exacerbating the prior issue. Reinjuring a prior injury can often be even worse, and you don't want to f with your back health.