Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just like it says - what’s the highest dose/wk you’ve used? This can be overall in a cycle, just focused on one compound you feel was the most extreme, greatest length cycle you’ve done.

Just wanted to drive some discussion about dosages and how they did or didn’t pay out for you personally, diminishing returns, etc.

Clint Darden said in a recent Q&A on YouTube the most testosterone he’s ever used was 4,000mg/wk. Yet some of his best lifts and size were accomplished when he was only taking 375mg Sustanon & 400mg Eq total PER MONTH, and he never recommends any of his athletes ever try multiple grams total because it just never seemed to pay out.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I ran well over a gram n half per week for 24 weeks a couple yrs ago. had to switch orals a few times to combat the acid reflux..
other than that. it was good but imo not better than some smaller cycles I have ran.

that one was ircc
600 test e
400-500 trest d
copious (various orals) mithras/ winny / dmz

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Im pretty green taking anything other than creatine but my two "cycles" so far would be....

Last year i took a two month cycle of rad140 (16mg/day), LGD (15mg/day) and YK11 (8mg/day). I ended up gaining 60lbs on my bench, muscle hardness was through the roof and gained a lot of size in my chest n shoulders. Front delts felt like they were going to jump off my body.

Right now im on 300mg of T cyp (have been for almost a year now) and am 1.5 weeks into a rad140/YK11 cycle (same dose as last time). I don't know which cycle is technically "bigger" but i figure the results will let me know, im guessing the T cyp will prove greater than the LGD. Already feel a huge change in muscle density, gonna go 3 mo this time and see what happens. TRT will continue after sarms cycle.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Years ago I ran
Test enth 500mg 20wks
Tren enth 400mg 16wks
Masteron sprinkled in at some point , forget the mg
Sd and phera 3wks each as well
This was a very dumb thing to do looking back as I had no idea what I was doing and definitely was not nearly as serious as I am today.
I’ll say this was the longest dumbest cycle of my 20s haha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I ran well over a gram n half per week for 24 weeks a couple yrs ago. had to switch orals a few times to combat the acid reflux..
other than that. it was good but imo not better than some smaller cycles I have ran.

that one was ircc
600 test e
400-500 trest d
How many of those weeks were you on orals you think?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

that one was ircc
600 test e
400-500 trest d
How many of those weeks were you on orals you think?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My current cycle is only my second with oil.

400mg test e, 200mg mast e, 40mg DMZ, 75mg Methylclostebol.

I am big as ever, and my bench is strong as ever, and it appears my squat is too.

However, my highest dose cycle I feel was a 13wk oral kitchen sink cycle back at the end of 18. Rotating through: M1T, LGD, 1-Andro, Var, Epiandro, 4-Andro, 19-Andro, Superdiol, D-Plex, DMZ. Andros totaled 3g daily by end, Superdiol was at 50mg, 100mg D-Plex, 20mg DMZ preWO only and a few doses of Mtren on strongman event days. I was nearly as strong at 13lbs lighter, but I felt like I had basically maxed out the non-oil route. It didn’t seem sustainable, and it was very costly even with most of the stuff gotten at fractions of the normal prices.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
300 trest d / 200 mast e currently.
Slowly bumping to 500/300. No orals this go round (me hope).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Years ago I ran
Test enth 500mg 20wks
Tren enth 400mg 16wks
Masteron sprinkled in at some point , forget the mg
Sd and phera 3wks each as well
This was a very dumb thing to do looking back as I had no idea what I was doing and definitely was not nearly as serious as I am today.
I’ll say this was the longest dumbest cycle of my 20s haha
Yeah 4 months on Tren is no joke! Do you know your EGFR number these days? Not that our kidneys would respond the same, but it’s something I am taking a lot more seriously these days.

Subbed for renal failure.
No joke! Definitely something I wish I had understood sooner, the importance of blood pressure control & kidney health.

all of them!
That’s wild & awesome in a deviant way. We should call you Ripper the Bull, after Jimmy!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah 4 months on Tren is no joke! Do you know your EGFR number these days? Not that our kidneys would respond the same, but it’s something I am taking a lot more seriously these days.

No joke! Definitely something I wish I had understood sooner, the importance of blood pressure control & kidney health.

That’s wild & awesome in a deviant way. We should call you Ripper the Bull, after Jimmy!
Honestly, the gear during that time of my life is the least of my worries and I’ll leave it at that. I’m lucky to be here typing this.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My current cycle is only my second with oil.

400mg test e, 200mg mast e, 40mg DMZ, 75mg Methylclostebol.

I am big as ever, and my bench is strong as ever, and it appears my squat is too.

However, my highest dose cycle I feel was a 13wk oral kitchen sink cycle back at the end of 18. Rotating through: M1T, LGD, 1-Andro, Var, Epiandro, 4-Andro, 19-Andro, Superdiol, D-Plex, DMZ. Andros totaled 3g daily by end, Superdiol was at 50mg, 100mg D-Plex, 20mg DMZ preWO only and a few doses of Mtren on strongman event days. I was nearly as strong at 13lbs lighter, but I felt like I had basically maxed out the non-oil route. It didn’t seem sustainable, and it was very costly even with most of the stuff gotten at fractions of the normal prices.
Jesus that second cycle of yours is something else lol. Your bloods must’ve been horrible😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jesus that second cycle of yours is something else lol. Your bloods must’ve been horrible
Didn’t even bother pulling them on cycle. However, I did pull them 6 weeks into PCT and everything but my lipids was totally back to normal by that point.

With good support, I think you can get away with a lot more than folks give credit to. And my EGFR was 81 prior - it tested at 86 post cycle

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I totally get what Darden is saying. Ive run a couple of blasts at 2gm+ oils, and all it showed me was there are clearly diminishing returns. The body reaches an upper limit with its capacity to produce gainz no matter what you throw at it, be it extra training volume, protein intake...or AAS.

I feel like my gainz are tapped out running a TRT+sdrol blast, adding in 1.5gm nandrolone does diddly-squat more. Its obvious that this capacity is very individualistic (some guys will continue responding at high doses).

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I totally get what Darden is saying. Ive run a couple of blasts at 2gm+ oils, and all it showed me was there are clearly diminishing returns. The body reaches an upper limit with its capacity to produce gainz no matter what you throw at it, be it extra training volume, protein intake...or AAS.

I feel like my gainz are tapped out running a TRT+sdrol blast, adding in 1.5gm nandrolone does diddly-squat more. Its obvious that this capacity is very individualistic (some guys will continue responding at high doses).
Makes me wonder if it has to do with the fact we only have so many AAS receptors in the muscles. If the majority are already being stimulated regularly, adding more juice just causes a surplus in the blood but doesn't get to many more receptors. Which makes sense why genetics can matter too, some guys no doubt have more cell receptors than others. Just a theory anyway.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^yip, and throw something like myostatin into the mix as well. Most likely multiple limiting factors.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All of it.

Actual highest doses were probably 1500mg injectables with orals sprinkled in. After 20 years compounds getting fuzzy but lots of test.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All of it.

Actual highest doses were probably 1500mg injectables with orals sprinkled in. After 20 years compounds getting fuzzy but lots of test.
What’s the highest test dose you’ve ran?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About 1200mgs for four weeks. I've done 1000mg for 8+ in early cycles. I find 300mg about as effective for growth now but strength was better the higher I went.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
About 1200mgs for four weeks. I've done 1000mg for 8+ in early cycles. I find 300mg about as effective for growth now but strength was better the higher I went.
I found that too. Every blast is categorised by strength increases, but the more oils Ive taken then the greater the increases. So:

Conservative dose blast=modest rep PRs nearly every workout (1-3 reps)

High dose blast=rep PRs of 5+ commonplace

Unfortunately, there is no linear relationship between increases in strength and lean mass gainz

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At the risk of going completely off-topic and also oversimplifying...

...the training variable with the single greatest contribution to muscle size gainz is volume. And whats the easiest way (practical, less time consuming, etc) to get more volume without over-compromising the tension variable? Moderate rep ranges (8-15).

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Didn’t even bother pulling them on cycle. However, I did pull them 6 weeks into PCT and everything but my lipids was totally back to normal by that point.

With good support, I think you can get away with a lot more than folks give credit to. And my EGFR was 81 prior - it tested at 86 post cycle
I agree with good supps you can manage the sides a lot more than your regular joe.

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I found that too. Every blast is categorised by strength increases, but the more oils Ive taken then the greater the increases. So:

Conservative dose blast=modest rep PRs nearly every workout (1-3 reps)

High dose blast=rep PRs of 5+ commonplace

Unfortunately, there is no linear relationship between increases in strength and lean mass gainz
A while back i was looking for info to explain how anabolics (sarms at the time) accutely affected strength. It seemed that for both LGD and Rad140, within a couple days of starting i noticed more strength, a good 10+lbs on bench after a week. This was consistent every time i have tried them.

What i ended up reading from multiple sources online was that our nervous system cells also have androgen receptors and therefore are directly affected by these compounds. Your above info suggests maybe our neural pathways have even more receptors than our muscles and thus have a higher threshold for diminishing returns.

Again another theory.

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, that seems appealing and makes some sense. Id again generalise and say that of the two, strength vs size gainz, the strength gainz seem the most transient on-off the steronz.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good feedback. When reading about Masteron prior to this cycle I noticed a couple guys mention they felt like they get as strong per mg of mast taken as if they’d bumped their test that much. Since I am dosing for strength primarily I figured I could get more power with less sides by adding that vs more test.

A long time ago a powerlifter at a gym I trained at told me he felt like every time you double the doses, you’re probably only getting another 20-30% results. IE, 500 to 1,000 to 2,000 to 4+g. But the sides go up so much, so it doesn’t really make sense to take too much beyond a certain point. Things just take time and you can only improve so fast. Guys taking 5g of gear often don’t look terribly better or stronger than guys around 2g. Just more likely to drop dead.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One constant with training is you can't rush strength.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good feedback. When reading about Masteron prior to this cycle I noticed a couple guys mention they felt like they get as strong per mg of mast taken as if they’d bumped their test that much. Since I am dosing for strength primarily I figured I could get more power with less sides by adding that vs more test.
😀 khm khm...

Masteron and sides 😀

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
khm khm...

Masteron and sides
Everyone is different. Some guys can’t touch any amount of tren. I really loved how I felt on Trendione, at the time. Been 2 weeks since adding 200mg mast e and I feel great. And it doesn’t force me to take more AI or retain more water like test or eq would, and it promotes neurological health instead of hurting it like a 19-Nor. My morning BP is 118/66 at an out of shape 260lbs without any bp medication, just support supps.

It’s all individual.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What was your juiciest cycle?
I started blasting only when I ended up on trt about 18-20 months ago. Prior to take I was only doing phs like 7-10 years ago in the golden age and did nothing in between so fairly still new in my bodybuilding journey! My biggest so far was phase 1 of my current blast which was 400 test 600/625 NPP. My first 3 blasts were not over 1g. Phase 2 of my blast will be bigger. Hard to explain since everything will slowly go up but 200test 600EQ 200 tren until week 6-7 and then 450 test 800 EQ 400 mast (starting end of June)

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
I ran superdrol for a year straight back in 2006 still have my liver but its fatty now have high bp but thats about it

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I ran superdrol for a year straight back in 2006 still have my liver but its fatty now have high bp but thats about it
You on trt or did your natty test come back after a year on?

bigthug

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
God damn that's crazy man 🙃 the longest I have ran sd was 6 weeks I once did dbol for 3 months at 50 mgs

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
God damn that's crazy man 🙃 the longest I have ran sd was 6 weeks I once did dbol for 3 months at 50 mgs
Young and foolish

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You would be surprised how many ppl did similar things when the prohormones first got popular.

I haven't heard a year straight but I know guys were running sd for 3-4 bttls in a row and up to 50mg a day

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Most I ever ran was March to April this year. The high dose part was only 6 weeks and I ate everything in sight.

The highest point I think was 600 test, 600eq, 200 injectable dienolone, 75mg transdermal dienolone
20mg sd daily and 60mg m1a on the day's I bench pressed. Hit a all time best on bench and got really fat lol.

Normally on 1/3 those doses and eating right I get way better visual results.

But one of these days I'm gonna push doses like that for a full cycle with diet in check and see what happens.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Smont I didn’t realize you went up to 600 each test/eq - how much did you need to bump your AI from half of that dosage?

I have heard enough stories to believe quite a few guys ran otc stuff year round back in the PH days. Or M1T for 2 weeks on/2 off for long stretches. There wasn’t the information around back then like we have access to so easily now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know when somebody has a breathalyzer at their home and it turns in to a drinking game of who can blow the highest? That’s what this thread will evolve to in 5 years.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Smont I didn’t realize you went up to 600 each test/eq - how much did you need to bump your AI from half of that dosage?

I have heard enough stories to believe quite a few guys ran otc stuff year round back in the PH days. Or M1T for 2 weeks on/2 off for long stretches. There wasn’t the information around back then like we have access to so easily now.
25mg exemestane on injection days (3xweek), 50mg ralox daily and 300mcg b6 daily. That was it. I probably should have used more exem. Nipps got puffy and still kinda do from time to time randomly. No hard lumps. Just puffy and fatty feeling at certain times of day and other times they feel perfectly normal. It's weird. I'm tempted to zap myself with something for estrogen and prolactin for a week or 2 and see if it makes it stop but at the same time I don't wanna get the sides from crashing estro right now

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I should note that I wasn't on 600/600 the whole time, just at the very end of that

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You know when somebody has a breathalyzer at their home and it turns in to a drinking game of who can blow the highest? That’s what this thread will evolve to in 5 years.
Does anyone remember what Dave crosland cycle was for under construction? It was something insane

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s not my intentions lol - just a chance for guys to chime in on what they have tried, and how it did or didn’t pan out. One thing is for certain: dose response & tolerance is totally individual, and genetics reign supreme.

Luke Sandoe (RIP) laid out his contest prep for the Arnold where he placed 3rd and it was like 1,750mg total oil and some Var or halotestin. He said Chris Aceto agreed to work with him when he saw the unbelievable results he was getting on 1g test solo earlier on in his career (which he turned Pro on). And Luke HATED insulin. Then you have guys like Nasser & Ronnie who were incredible looking but also famous for tolerating insane dosages, and of course you have Joe Weekend Warrior taking several grams of gear and will never turn pro.

Mark Miller & Josh Morris were on the BROCast talking about how they both totaled 2,200lbs raw. Mark was taking nearly 5g combined test & nandrolone, plus Dbol & anadrol. Josh was on only 500mg test & some dbol, and hitting the buffet daily. They asked him why he was using so little and he said, “Oh, I guess I just never really wanted to bother with taking a whole lot”