Modafinil/Adrafinil non responder?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always wanted to give Modafinil a go. I have used many a pre workouts over the years but eventually they we're more negative side effects than positives so i stopped stimulants (Apart from the odd coffee)

I use to love a good pre workout boost. Who doesn't? But feeling like death a few hours after just wasn't for me anymore.

I was using the Excelsior pre workout the last time i ran a pre and if you have tried it then you will know the rush it gives. Awesome pre workout but... I just had too many negatives and stopped. I then took a stim break to give my body a rest and the excelsior pre gave me HORRID withdrawals. I swear that stuff has a sprinkle of Adderal or something lol

So i tried some other *Mood* *Performance* boosters. Tried a few of the Racetams and they we're ok. I tried Phenylpiracetam also which a lot of people seem to praise. Had no effect on me.

I then went onto Modafinil and i also purchased adrafinil alongside this (Modafinal pre cursor). The source i used was 100% legit. I dosed 100mg to see how it would affect me. I took it sublingual and also on an empty stomach... Couple hours. Nothing.

Next day i tried 200mg sublingual and on an empty stomach... Couple hours.. Nothing.

Day after i tried 500mg of Adrafinil and again. No effect.

I know these won't give an intense mood/energy boost but i would still notice. Even the focus effect.. Nothing.

Have i just completely fried my dopamine system? Or am i a non responder?

Anyone else had no effects and managed to get it to work at all?

Thanks

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm the same way.
No effect?

Some people seem to praise it as well. I did read a study that people with a certain gene just don't metabolise modafinil at all. We must just be in that category?

So pricey as well too! A will see if i can flog my stash :D

contact13

contact13

Awards
  • Established
No effect?

Some people seem to praise it as well. I did read a study that people with a certain gene just don't metabolise modafinil at all. We must just be in that category?

So pricey as well too! A will see if i can flog my stash :D
If I take 100mg of Mod I can tell I took something.....but no real benefit. I get way more out of a ECA stack.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’d randomly notice modafinil, typically at times when I was actually sleep deprived. I always responded to armodafinil tho.

Adrafinil on the other hand has always worked but at no less than at least 600mgs. Anything under than that and I don’t notice a thing.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For me none of the finils ever really provided a huge stim rush or anything like that. All I ever noticed was that it removed my tiredness, if thats the right phrasing for it.

I could be on a few hours sleep and just feel like hell and this would basically erase that and make me feel like I got a full nights rest. Never stimmed out or jitterty or anything, just took me back to baseline for awhile.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO, finils are really hyped up (no pun) but real world examples rarely meet expectation. Personally, I have used modafinil and armodafinil over the years and there is a subtle increase in dopamine feel- mood boost and motivation, but it comes with downsides- slight annoyance/irritation at minor things, decrease in social functioning, and a hard crash. I find this can be lessened by taking smaller amounts, more frequently, but does not eliminate it entirely.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO, finils are really hyped up (no pun) but real world examples rarely meet expectation. Personally, I have used modafinil and armodafinil over the years and there is a subtle increase in dopamine feel- mood boost and motivation, but it comes with downsides- slight annoyance/irritation at minor things, decrease in social functioning, and a hard crash. I find this can be lessened by taking smaller amounts, more frequently, but does not eliminate it entirely.
I agree with you on the decrease in social functioning, I’ve never been able to put my finger on it but that’s a good way to put it. It’s not like I can’t socialize but I just kinda have less of a desire to do so maybe? Idk, what do you think? What do you think causes this?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not sure of the mechanism, but there is a sense of apathy whereas I simply have no desire to engage with anyone. I see it as very task oriented. It is great for getting things done in a methodical way because I can go into robot mode without any thought. If I have day of yard work or something like that it is great because I just go- no interacting with people, no distractions, I just get it done.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not sure of the mechanism, but there is a sense of apathy whereas I simply have no desire to engage with anyone. I see it as very task oriented. It is great for getting things done in a methodical way because I can go into robot mode without any thought. If I have day of yard work or something like that it is great because I just go- no interacting with people, no distractions, I just get it done.
Definitely, I typically enjoy it when I have a lot of code to write, so this makes perfect sense.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely, I typically enjoy it when I have a lot of code to write, so this makes perfect sense.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Sculptor man you need some nootropics, never seen a x4 double post, lol.

i bought some adrafinil to help on my busiest days at work--mondays and wednesdays, 600mg twice weekly along with my daily endoamp really helps me get things done...it was pretty expensive but i get 3 months worth from a bottle.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

i bought some adrafinil to help on my busiest days at work--mondays and wednesdays, 600mg twice weekly along with my daily endoamp really helps me get things done...it was pretty expensive but i get 3 months worth from a bottle.
Lol thanks @thebigt dang iPhone app. Need to use the browser!

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote