booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Damn... that sux lol. I'm notnflexible either. It's w ierd cuz my.form seems good yet my low back kills me from squats but it's fine from deads

Yesterday I did back and shoulders I did heavy deads and everything else was hypertrophy work.

Deadlift
475x4 475x4 475x4 475x4 495x4
These felt really good. Could have done more each set. Very happy with that

A guy I worked with asked how much I could strict overhead press so I gave it a quick shot. Got 205. I might have gotten 210. I would l9ve to do 225.

Anyways... the rest of the w9rkout was really focused on slow negative and good contractions. Weights were very l8ght

Bent over row
135x12x4

Pulldown 100x12x4

Low cable row 120x12x4

Chest supported row 55x12x4

Rope str8 arm pulldown 55x12x4

Pre exhaust shoulders
5x12 10x12 5x12 all in a row did that 4 times

Ohp 95x12x4 this was so hard!

Cable side raise 10x12x4

Machine shoulder press since all benches were taken. Wanted to do dumbbells
110x12x4

Db high pull 35x12x4

Db reverse fly 20x12x4

Overall I'm very happy with my strength progress

Diet is still an issue for me

Yesterday was very good though

Shoulder also was bugging me a little yesterday

Anyone else try to do IF but find yourself extremely hungry alot? I used to be great with it but now it seems likke I end up making mad choices unless I can fast all day then I'm fine
for me I find that IF helps me not be as hungry so long as i'm sticking to it... as soon as I have a day or a meal where I eat during the day (especially in the morning) its a struggle for the rest of that day and usually a day or two after... its like my body instantly reverts to "feed me all day" mode ha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for me I find that IF helps me not be as hungry so long as i'm sticking to it... as soon as I have a day or a meal where I eat during the day (especially in the morning) its a struggle for the rest of that day and usually a day or two after... its like my body instantly reverts to "feed me all day" mode ha
That sounds exactly like me... good to know

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Legs didn't feel great yesterday so just did some hypertrophy chest and arms..... pre exhausted my chest with flys and tried to really slow down the negatives a d squeeze each rep of each exercise....I used super light weights but I'm def. Sore today

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That sounds exactly like me... good to know
Sounds like me too. Then it feels like I am starting all over the next day and it takes me a few days to where I am not hungry in the morning again.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Legs didn't feel great yesterday so just did some hypertrophy chest and arms..... pre exhausted my chest with flys and tried to really slow down the negatives a d squeeze each rep of each exercise....I used super light weights but I'm def. Sore today
I always like doing that everyone once in awhile when I get kind of burnt out or if i'm sore, I'll do more hypertrophy and light weight.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey hey. Sorry for the hiatus. Had some personal issues arise. I also forgot to take it for those 2 days and did not eat well.

Yesterday I dosed it as my pre workout and had a good workout

Deadlift
495x3 505x3 505x3 505x2 hurt my back :-(
So not sure what happened but I am going to a chiro today

Bench
Used a small pad for a shorter range of motion..Maybe 1-2 inches in thickness

3x3 with 315 PR

Pulldown 170x10 4 sets this was a PR

Db incline 80x12 95x12 95x12 105x10 plus 2 forced

Low cable row
185 strict x 10 4 sets PR for strict

Dip body weight 3 sets of as many

Chest supported row 135x10 3 sets

That's it. Workout got cut short

Will try to do some missed stuff today as well as shoulders and arms

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also I did some jumping trying to touch the rim and my.knees were killing me... it sucks

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout man! A lot of PRs. That sucks about your back. I hurt my back squatting about two years ago and went to chiropractor. It definitely helped me.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back injuries suck. Have never gone to the Chiro but will as I get older. Just afraid of once you go you will always want to go

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Back injuries suck. Have never gone to the Chiro but will as I get older. Just afraid of once you go you will always want to go
I never went to one till I was in my 50's, I now go about every 6 weeks, cost me $25.00 a shot and is well worth it.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back was feeling better but then I got up wrong during my workout and tweaked it again... still hurts today... don't know about the gym today

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's how I've always felt... people either seem to never have gone, or go all the time... I dont want to go all the time so I just avoid it. always just seemed to be a "temporary" fix to everything and sometimes even cause issues

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The pain relief and better quality of life is worth it !!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So. I gotta admit my diet hacks been horroble and I apologize. Trying to get back on track today

Yesterday I did chest and back

I did a couple deadlift just to see how my back felt. It still hurts. Worked up to 405 for a couple singles

Bench press was good though

285 paused for 5 2 sets of that then I didn't have a spot for the 3rd set so didn't pause but that is a paused or

The rest was really eccentric and squeeze focused hypertrophy focused... overall pretty good workout

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why not take some time off from deads and just work accessories to help it? Either that or maybe just go partial and do rack pulls for a bit to keep strength up?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout. 285 by 5 paused reps is pretty good. I'd agree with Booneman7 and just do some accessory work until back feels better.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout. 285 by 5 paused reps is pretty good. I'd agree with Booneman7 and just do some accessory work until back feels better.
This is my plan... I can still do hack squat leg press and leg.machines no problem.

However... the other day my gf wanted to squat so I tried it lol I'm an idiot I know

Pain stayed the same the whole workout and it went way better than I thoug t.

I did doubles at 365, 385, 405 with bands

Then I smoked a single at 455 plus. I almost went for 495 plus bands but stopped.myself. I was sh9cked how smoothly I got that 455

Didn't do much working out after that because I got some bad news from an employer.

Things just never end with .e

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hope everything turns out ok. Other than the injuries how is the sculptor treating you?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
455 man that's awesome! Hope the muscle sculptor is getting you shredded while pushing those heavy weights!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now I got effing sick.... d idnt take the product for 3 days while I was sick since I didn't think it was a good idea.... overall I like the product so fat gives good energy... strength is good.... but with all the bull **** I've had going on I keep eating like garbage...I'm determined for the next 20-25 days to let this supplement really do work

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As my old training partner used to say, "Come on you Spineless Jelly Fish, Get With The Program!!"

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now I got effing sick.... d idnt take the product for 3 days while I was sick since I didn't think it was a good idea.... overall I like the product so fat gives good energy... strength is good.... but with all the bull **** I've had going on I keep eating like garbage...I'm determined for the next 20-25 days to let this supplement really do work
Sounds good man! That sucks you got sick. Hopefully these next 20-25 days you won't have any hiccups that set you back.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys. I took 2 caps pre workout yesterday and had the most focused and best feeling workout I can remember. Just had that swag .... I'm sure you all know what I mean. Had to take things easy and just focus on slow negatives and contractions because of my back but it felt great

I did chest and back.... I did some sumo deads nothing heavy and they felt good... I tried some leg raises and they killed my back so now I'm worried there is a herniation. Also hit a pr with double bands on bench...smoked 315 with double bands... felt amazing

Luckily I can gain size training the way I am... I'll just have to forfeit some strength

Appetite suppression was great yesterday as well!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the support guys. I took 2 caps pre workout yesterday and had the most focused and best feeling workout I can remember. Just had that swag .... I'm sure you all know what I mean. Had to take things easy and just focus on slow negatives and contractions because of my back but it felt great

I did chest and back.... I did some sumo deads nothing heavy and they felt good... I tried some leg raises and they killed my back so now I'm worried there is a herniation. Also hit a pr with double bands on bench...smoked 315 with double bands... felt amazing

Luckily I can gain size training the way I am... I'll just have to forfeit some strength

Appetite suppression was great yesterday as well!
Appetite suppression is great. I get good energy not overwhelming most of the time too. I gotta be careful not to take 2 caps too late. Currently dosing 3 caps.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Appetite suppression is definitely one of the main benefits from Muscle Sculptor. Seems like it's working for most of the loggers as well.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appetite suppression is great. I get good energy not overwhelming most of the time too. I gotta be careful not to take 2 caps too late. Currently dosing 3 caps.
I may bump mine to 3 I still get hungry

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I may bump mine to 3 I still get hungry
Sounds good. Everyone's different so it's worth a try to see if that dosage works for you.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still at two caps....was starving. Took 2 caps, went. To the park and forgot about my hunger for like 6 hours!!! Noticed a similar effect the next day.... lov8ng it!!

How much caffiene is in there btw?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok. So things are going better.... instead of waiting to take muscle sculptor in the afternoon. I have been taking it in the m9rning and it is really helping. The morning kind of makes or breaks me. If I crack and eat some stuff I s houkdnt I usually end up not being very active and eating crap a large portion of the day...it's always been an issue for me.

But if I stay disciplined and do cardio I usually do well. Muscle skulptor does a good job of focusing me and taking away my hunger in the morning to get me started on the right track.

I have only lifted on day in the last 3 days due.to soreness and my back issue, but things are looking up!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do the same thing diet wise. It’s bad lol. Glad sculptor is killing the appetite and things are looking up

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
mkretz - 5/14 (monday) I'm flying into your hood; think we might be able to catch an early afternoon workout before I have to head down the road?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok. So things are going better.... instead of waiting to take muscle sculptor in the afternoon. I have been taking it in the m9rning and it is really helping. The morning kind of makes or breaks me. If I crack and eat some stuff I s houkdnt I usually end up not being very active and eating crap a large portion of the day...it's always been an issue for me.

But if I stay disciplined and do cardio I usually do well. Muscle skulptor does a good job of focusing me and taking away my hunger in the morning to get me started on the right track.

I have only lifted on day in the last 3 days due.to soreness and my back issue, but things are looking up!
Nice! Yea the morning always seems ideal to me to dose a product like muscle sculptor especially since it has it's appetite suppression effects.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice! Yea the morning always seems ideal to me to dose a product like muscle sculptor especially since it has it's appetite suppression effects.
Agree!!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I prefer afternoon since when I am at work, I am too busy to think about food. Well at 9pm it’s nice to have some appetite suppressant to reduce temptation of snacking. At least for me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I prefer afternoon since when I am at work, I am too busy to think about food. Well at 9pm it’s nice to have some appetite suppressant to reduce temptation of snacking. At least for me.
That's true to! I seem to like to snack right before bed which is the worse time to do that. haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's true to! I seem to like to snack right before bed which is the worse time to do that. haha
Sometimes when I am tempted to snack in the evening I will either Brush My Teeth or have a Cup of Coffee !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes when I am tempted to snack in the evening I will either Brush My Teeth or have a Cup of Coffee !!
Sometime I'll have some flavored aminos because it fills me up and tastes good. I can't have coffee or otherwise i'm awake haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mkretz - 5/14 (monday) I'm flying into your hood; think we might be able to catch an early afternoon workout before I have to head down the road?
Yes sir!!! You flying into buffalo Niagara? What time you thinkin?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another issue of mine is I have sleep apnea and always wake up throughout the night and of I can't fall back asleep inalmost always eat

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Another issue of mine is I have sleep apnea and always wake up throughout the night and of I can't fall back asleep inalmost always eat
I know a lot of people who if they wake up in the middle of the night they go eat. I guess that's good or bad depending on your goals.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good For Bulk, Bad For Cut!

I used to work with a skinny guy that would wake up 3am every day and eat a bowl cereal !

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appetite suppression, energy, and mood were all great yesterday. Unfortunately my workout sucked. Bench was really weak and hurt my back again deadlifting. I should not have been deadlifting I wasn't better but I've slowly been doing more weoght.

I smoked 455 with double bands which usually is nothing for me but when I went down to do a back off set I could barely bend over.

Needless to say. No heavy squatting or deadlifting for a while.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take a little time and heal brother !

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No heavy squatting or deadlifting for a while.
I swear you said this same thing last week haha... follow your own advice!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't deadlift that heavy anymore because i feel i hurt myself more often than it does good for me. So I just do higher reps now on deadlift rather than 2-3 rep max.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meeting up with a buddy for a lift today so pumped for that. My motivation has not been high lately...