MK677 and water retention

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m between cycles right now but I have some mk677 and I’m considering using it. For those that have used it and experienced water retention, did you find that this water was mostly stored intramuscularly? Did any of you just experience bloating in the stomach?

I used it for a brief period at 20mg a day several months ago. I gained five pounds of water almost instantly and if my memory serves me correctly then I believe it mostly went to my arms, chest, and delts, not my belly. I’m bulking right now and wouldn’t mind the aesthetic boost of having fuller muscles but I don’t want to start taking it if it just bloats my stomach. I’m already bloated halfthe time from my current diet.

Anyway, this post is longer than I wanted but the question is, did you find the water retention from mk677 to be aesthetically pleasing, insignificant, or did it make you look fat?

contact13

contact13

Awards
  • Established
I ran it for 7 months. 5 months @ 25mg then 2 @ 12.5. Definitely held some water subcutaneously especially in the hands, wrists ankles. Stomach not so much but a little. Upper body was always full with a good pump in the muscle. When I came off I immediately went into a cut. At that point I was at 12% body fat. Within a month I had my full six pack back. I've been thinking about the best place for this compound because it is effective. I'm thinking in pct to keep size and a bit of strength. For me, there was a massive difference from 12.5 to 25 as far as strength though.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes i had some very serious water retention stemming from its and androgen use combined.. i ended up with directed edema which can be dangerous.

i still use it til this day but i keep the dose around 10 mgs and dose it pre work out.

its probably worse with a high androgen load but i think it can be dosed to keep the bloat down a bit.

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
I’m between cycles right now but I have some mk677 and I’m considering using it. For those that have used it and experienced water retention, did you find that this water was mostly stored intramuscularly? Did any of you just experience bloating in the stomach?

I used it for a brief period at 20mg a day several months ago. I gained five pounds of water almost instantly and if my memory serves me correctly then I believe it mostly went to my arms, chest, and delts, not my belly. I’m bulking right now and wouldn’t mind the aesthetic boost of having fuller muscles but I don’t want to start taking it if it just bloats my stomach. I’m already bloated halfthe time from my current diet.

Anyway, this post is longer than I wanted but the question is, did you find the water retention from mk677 to be aesthetically pleasing, insignificant, or did it make you look fat?
You will hold water reguardless with this compound. I think water retention does become more extreme from the appetite increase, which means extra macro consumption particularly carbs and also more sodium. That will cause bloat reguardless of taking MK677. Just train hard and eat clean. The added water weight will look more filling than bloating.

Antlion

Awards
Running it at 25mg daily first thing in the morning. 2 things. 1. My sleep has greatly improved to the point of where I would take it for that alone. 2. I do notice more muscle fullness as a result of it, which is aesthetically a plus. I would say intra muscle water retention.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ll probabky add it in a couple days and see how it effects me this time around. Last time I was intermittent fasting and eating low carb. This time I’m bulking and embracing plenty of carbs. So I imagine it’ll affect me differently. The main reason I want to use it again is the sleep and the recovery. I don’t remember ever feeling too sore while using it.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It goes away for me. The water retention helps me check my diet. Even if your bulking brother keeping the diet in li e is good.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Watch your sodium and pottasium intake. You can definitely keep it minimized but extra sodium is going to go a long ways per-se in not helping matters.

SwoleAlchemy

Awards
MK-677 increases mineral retention and causes intracellular dehydration which is what likely causes the water retention. Optimal potassium intake will keep the Mk-677 bloat at bay quite effectively. Ideally around 4000-5000 a day, it helps even more if sodium intake is about half that of potassium (2000-2500). It can be hard to get that much potassium in through diet so I use potassium salt to get it in usually 1/4 teaspoon of NoSalt with each meal does the trick, I normally just put it in my water and drink it. Staying well hydrated is obviously necessary as well, but most on here have that base covered already.

contact13

contact13

Awards
  • Established
MK-677 increases mineral retention and causes intracellular dehydration which is what likely causes the water retention. Optimal potassium intake will keep the Mk-677 bloat at bay quite effectively. Ideally around 4000-5000 a day, it helps even more if sodium intake is about half that of potassium (2000-2500). It can be hard to get that much potassium in through diet so I use potassium salt to get it in usually 1/4 teaspoon of NoSalt with each meal does the trick, I normally just put it in my water and drink it. Staying well hydrated is obviously necessary as well, but most on here have that base covered already.
Not to deviate to far off topic. However, I feel that this same logic may be applied towards the painful muscle pumps some people experience with orals like Tbol. Do you have any info/ opinion on this?

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
I am running 30mg mk677 along side 150mg of test e. 300mg NPP. 420mg of EQ. 420mg of tren e. And have almost no subq bloat. I take potassium 99mg 1 a day and take 5grams of taurine a day. I staged each compound at different times so they would peak in a favorable manor. While being able to asses sides. I have never ran the three together and I have definitely never ran nandrolone and tren together. Tren is 7weeks In now. EQ is 4. NPP is 3.

I haven’t needed much of an AI. However sex drive essentially came to a halt with the addition of the npp (I expected it to).

MK677 is 3 weeks into all this and it’s been a great ride.

potassium makes all the difference with water retention. And if you still feel like a whale add some dandelion root...It’s what I used before discovering how much the potassium made a difference.

contact13

contact13

Awards
  • Established
This whole topic of electrolytes and sodium deserves it's own thread. I believe this relationship plays a much greater role then we think.

SwoleAlchemy

Awards
Not to deviate to far off topic. However, I feel that this same logic may be applied towards the painful muscle pumps some people experience with orals like Tbol. Do you have any info/ opinion on this?
I have never tried orals myself and have done little research on why oral anabolics cause muscle painful muscle pumps. My guess is that it's the extra glycogen retention plus the water that comes with it causing more pressure in the muscle during the muscle contraction. The only problem with that guess is that people on a cut get them too which would reduce that effect wouldn't it? Do you still deplete during a cut on orals? I was going to say it was extra water in and out of the muscle too except people get plenty of pumps from the dry orals aswell. So probably a mixture of both depending on the oral in question.

If the "pumps" happen to actually be misidentified cramps of some kind taking taurine, magnesium, and hitting 2000-3000 mg of sodium and 4000-5000 mg of potassium a day would be worth a shot since all of those minerals play some role in reducing cramps. I don't know the specifics just that they all have that effect. Probably because most people are deficient in one or more of those minerals at any given time. On a final note for the wet orals balancing the salt and potassium ratio well keeping salt fairly low should reduce the water retention from the estrogen bloat just like for MK-677. Sorry if this is rambling by the way, was kind of collecting my thoughts as I wrote.

SwoleAlchemy

Awards
Absolutely.
Here is some informative material on the subject I was read/listened too. I'll list it below.

On YouTube: "Salt: Are you getting Enough? (More Sodium & Health)" "WHY Low Salt Stresses the Body (Sodium, Hormones & Potassium)" and a book called "Salt" which covers a bit more than most people would probably want to know but it'll certainly leave you with an extensive knowledge of salt. Perfect topic to bring up on a date or a party! lol

Brienn8989

Awards
  • Established
I am running 30mg mk677 along side 150mg of test e. 300mg NPP. 420mg of EQ. 420mg of tren e. And have almost no subq bloat. I take potassium 99mg 1 a day and take 5grams of taurine a day. I staged each compound at different times so they would peak in a favorable manor. While being able to asses sides. I have never ran the three together and I have definitely never ran nandrolone and tren together. Tren is 7weeks In now. EQ is 4. NPP is 3.

I haven’t needed much of an AI. However sex drive essentially came to a halt with the addition of the npp (I expected it to).

MK677 is 3 weeks into all this and it’s been a great ride.

potassium makes all the difference with water retention. And if you still feel like a whale add some dandelion root...It’s what I used before discovering how much the potassium made a difference.
I’m planning something very similar for next year. Minus the eq, I can’t commit to donating blood... freaks me out haha

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
I’m planning something very similar for next year. Minus the eq, I can’t commit to donating blood... freaks me out haha
I donated before I started the blast. And I’m going to donate on week six of the EQ. And then again near the end of the blast. But it’s not bad man. Bring out the sadist in you!!