Unanswered Mk677 and cardio

BroBrian

Hey everybody, question concerning mk677. I searched google for awhile but found mixed results as I figured I would.

My training involves a lot of cardio. 30-40 miles a week of running, a lot of swimming and some sprints here and there. Majority of my weight training is for muscular endurance. So with that said, does anyone have any input on if I should worry about cardiomegaly from mk677? It’s very useful from a recovery standpoint, but growing my heart is rather counterproductive haha. Thanks

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey everybody, question concerning mk677. I searched google for awhile but found mixed results as I figured I would.

My training involves a lot of cardio. 30-40 miles a week of running, a lot of swimming and some sprints here and there. Majority of my weight training is for muscular endurance. So with that said, does anyone have any input on if I should worry about cardiomegaly from mk677? It’s very useful from a recovery standpoint, but growing my heart is rather counterproductive haha. Thanks
Long term use, I could see it as a potential problem. Short term use, most likely not a problem. Not really conclusive in terms of permanent long term consequences of mk677, only educated guesses based off of heightened igf1, and GH.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Long term use, I could see it as a potential problem. Short term use, most likely not a problem. Not really conclusive in terms of permanent long term consequences of mk677, only educated guesses based off of heightened igf1, and GH.
I mean does mk677 really heighten ur levels go the extent of enlarging ur heart ? I doubt it it’s not like exogenous hgh .

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could not stay awake on MK...let alone attempt cardio
I used to be that way till I started using GDA not sure how this cause lethargy but I’m getting a lot of benefits now that I run GDA with it

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I mean does mk677 really heighten ur levels go the extent of enlarging ur heart ? I doubt it it’s not like exogenous hgh .
Seeing as the body downregulates GH and IGF when you get over your late teens, the potential is there, albeit, most likely from long term use.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seeing as the body downregulates GH and IGF when you get over your late teens, the potential is there, albeit, most likely from long term use.
So basically we r interfering with the body natural cycle ?

BroBrian

Appreciate the response! What would you consider long term?

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I ran MK677 with Ostarine and my max heart rate dropped from 178-170 to 168-170...it was like id hit the wall with nothing left in tank...no extra 10% ....zip.

About 2 weeks later after stopping cycle HR was back to normal and could push back up to 178-180 bpm.

Make of that what you will but something was going on.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ran MK677 with Ostarine and my max heart rate dropped from 178-170 to 168-170...it was like id hit the wall with nothing left in tank...no extra 10% ....zip.

About 2 weeks later after stopping cycle HR was back to normal and could push back up to 178-180 bpm.

Make of that what you will but something was going on.
I would bet ostarine was the culprit.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You think?? I couldnt work it out at all. Why do you think Osta would do that just out of curosity??
Multiple guys on this forum have reported heart issues with ostarine and other sarms like an irregular heart beat or palpitations. I've also read reports of lowered max heart rate from ostarine.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Multiple guys on this forum have reported heart issues with ostarine and other sarms like an irregular heart beat or palpitations. I've also read reports of lowered max heart rate from ostarine.
Yeah i heard about the palpitations and irregular heart beat stuff. My blood pressure was 105/70 most days which was better than it had been for a while. I'll admit i never knew about the lowered max heart rate thing...wonder what causes it but like i say around 8 days after stopping (3 weeks into it) i was back to normal and truth be told was fitter than have been for a while.

Think ill give it a miss from now on.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is interesting. And sarms are the ones that shouldnt mess with your heart.

Anyone had palpitations because of mk677?

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That is interesting. And sarms are the ones that shouldnt mess with your heart.

Anyone had palpitations because of mk677?
There could be a number of factors at play here i might add as 4 weeks prior i ended up in hospital with a bad case of septic tonsilitis and was on a drip and antivirals for 24 hours then had another 10 days on penicillian....this episode could of knocked my body for six and might explain the sudden drop in max heart rate BEFORE i started the Ostarine. It may of been a coincidence that i stopped and my fitness improved as my body fully recovered from that bout of sickeness...i was training twice a day by then so i cant be 100% sure the Ostarine was the reason.

SMS

SMS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
All athletes are prone to have a increase in heart size on a longer run