MK 677 made old gyno flare up, why?

blake1990

Awards
I have some old gyno and just started taking mk 677. About 2 weeks in both nips hurt constantly and one side grew a significant amount. It's 100% legit mk 677 so what about it could be causing this? My prolactin isn't effected by mk 677 so i'm confused. Could the igf 1 be making it grow or something?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have some old gyno and just started taking mk 677. About 2 weeks in both nips hurt constantly and one side grew a significant amount. It's 100% legit mk 677 so what about it could be causing this? My prolactin isn't effected by mk 677 so i'm confused. Could the igf 1 be making it grow or something?
MK677 most definitely increases prolactin. A slight deviation from normal prolactin levels can cause nipple sensitivity. Begin taking high dose B6 or P5P and the issue should resolve.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would stop taking it if it's aggravating gyno. Are you taking anything else with it, like testosterone or a derivative that might also be causing the gyno?

Prolactin can't cause gyno without estrogen present so that's why I asked if you're taking anything else you didn't mention.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would stop taking it if it's aggravating gyno. Are you taking anything else with it, like testosterone or a derivative that might also be causing the gyno?

Prolactin can't cause gyno without estrogen present so that's why I asked if you're taking anything else you didn't mention.
This is true also from my experience. Ran test tren and mk had 0 nipple issues.

Dropped tren and ran a trt dose of test and added hcg. Within few days i started experiencing sensitivity.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

This is very debatable in the AAS world. I wouldn’t state it as fact. Some anecdotal evidence shows otherwise. I don’t think it’s fully understood yet

for instance some people that run only tren develop Gyno. Tren doesn’t convert to estrogen.

blake1990

Awards
Slammed p5p and inhibit-p and all puffiness and pain went away within a few days. Looks fine but still has a nice sized lump that isn't shrinking... Sucks that prolactin can cause tissue growth or hopefully it's just super swollen who knows.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Calling expert mk user @Brandinooooo

but on another note:
Although estrogens and progestogens are vital to mammary growth, they are ineffective in the absence of anterior pituitary hormones (13). Thus, neither estrogen alone nor estrogen plus progesterone can sustain breast development without other mediators, such as GH and IGF-1, as confirmed by studies involving the administration of estrogen and GH to hypophysectomized and oophorectomized female rats, which resulted in breast ductal development. The GH effects on ductal growth are mediated through stimulation of IGF-1. This is demonstrated by studies of estrogen and GH administration to IGF-1 knockout rats that showed significantly decreased mammary development when compared to age-matched IGF-1- intact controls. Combined estrogen and IGF-1 treatment in these IGF-1 knockout rats restored mammary growth. (23, 40).