MK-677 and intraocular pressure

TheAnabolicNerd

Awards
Been noticing lately that my eyes feel like theyre bulging out of my skull, are hurting a little bit sometimes and my vision is blurry. Especially when Im working out and have consumed caffeine I can literally go semi blind on one eye because of how blurry my vision gets

Im genetically predisposed to glaucoma from both my sides so should I stop taking MK-677 due to potential damage to my optic nerve and maybe giving myself glaucoma or am I overthinking it and should take a diuretic or something?

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mk 677 does indeed work at the pituitary gland. This is why it causes headaches and can sometimes increase pressure resulting in blurred vision. I have experienced this with both Mk 677 and Clomid as they both work at the pituitary however adding in a good multivitamin and taking a good antioxidant like R ALA can help significantly

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would definitely stop, the positves do not outweigh the negatives and potential negatives you have listed.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Been noticing lately that my eyes feel like theyre bulging out of my skull, are hurting a little bit sometimes and my vision is blurry. Especially when Im working out and have consumed caffeine I can literally go semi blind on one eye because of how blurry my vision gets

Im genetically predisposed to glaucoma from both my sides so should I stop taking MK-677 due to potential damage to my optic nerve and maybe giving myself glaucoma or am I overthinking it and should take a diuretic or something?
It could be from too large a dosage. I was experiencing similar side effects at 25 mg, including headaches and lethargy. It could also be an impurity in the solution or product your taking. I would always recommend getting from a trusted source aka MA research

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't believe there is any direct issue with mk causing the problem, but I can see if your holding a bunch of water how some pressure could be put on a nerve or something. Completely speculative here.

I would drop the mk677 and wait a week, by then the mk is long gone, the water weight will be gone and if your still experiencing the problem you cold rule out the mk.

You could also try a lower dose, 12.5mg and see if that changes anything. 12.5mg 5 days on 2 days off still provided similar benifits to the full daily dose.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The best course of action would be to stop using it for a week or so and see if it changes anything. Then you can go from there

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Eye pain/pressure and blurry vision can also be caused by migraines.

My wife used to suffer from really bad migraines. She went through some migraine seminars through our health care provider and made some significant changes to her diet. It seems in many cases, hers among them, that migraines are typically brought on by a series of triggers that, when stacked together, can lead to the migraines. If you remove as many of the triggers as you can, you reduce the chances of experiencing one.

Caffeine and bright lights were some of her bigger triggers, milk was up there on the list as well.

I'm not saying that this is what you're experiencing, but it may be worth looking into, especially if you discontinue mk use and these symptoms persist.

Feel free to pm me if you want any more info on migraines.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Check your blood pressure, if your not already. Even if it’s good in the mornings, check a couple of times a day especially when your having symptoms to rule out hypertension.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Check your blood pressure, if your not already. Even if it’s good in the mornings, check a couple of times a day especially when your having symptoms to rule out hypertension.
I'll tell you what, I have frequent anxiety and my BP tends to run slightly high if I'm not paying attention, at least that's how it use to be. But a few years ago my anxiety would get really bad randomly and no reason at all. When it would be at it's worse I would have a breif moment were my vision would blur. One day I was driving down the road and I felt it coming on and I completely blacked out. My vision was 100% gone for just a brief moment or two and luckily it almost gave me like a flashback of when I used to drink and having the spins and I kind of recognized it fast enough to pull my car over.

But yes, all these things can be related. Water retention increasing high blood pressure possibility for some vision issues. Not saying that's what it is I'm just saying it's a possibility

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also on a side note, this is a big problem in the PED realm, when someone experiences something and they're on some kind of anabolic they automatically assume it has to have something to do with the anabolic or the supplement that they're taking and a large majority of the time it has nothing to do with it. It's just the first place that your brain takes you because you know you're taking something that might potentially have issues

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also on a side note, this is a big problem in the PED realm, when someone experiences something and they're on some kind of anabolic they automatically assume it has to have something to do with the anabolic or the supplement that they're taking and a large majority of the time it has nothing to do with it. It's just the first place that your brain takes you because you know you're taking something that might potentially have issues
I agree with this totally..... I think far to often people or predisposed to side effects because of preexisting health conditions, and some they just may not be aware of, and getting on anabolics brings it to the forefront. I know extremely high blood pressure can show symptoms the OP described. I'm a firm believer that if someone already has high blood pressure, to get that under control before experimenting with some of these compounds.