Mk-667 question

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been using Mike’s MK and recently saw that he now recommends an 8 days on 4 off schedule. Previously I’ve always done 5 on 2 off for 6 month cycles. I really like Mike’s reasoning behind this new schedule as I feel the positive GH effects taper down over time. I’ve been using mk at the 5 on 2 off schedule for the last 7 weeks. How much time do you guys think I should take off before I start the new schedule? It sounds like I should give myself some time to desensitize my receptors. Thoughts?

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would like to find out more about this also, as I just started my LGD + MK677 cycle. Subbed.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
General rule of thumb has always been TIME ON= TIME OFF

I do not know of any Pubmed or precise study that details this specifically, though it may exist. There are def a ton of studies on MK if you search PubMed.

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
MK677 interests me very much. Where can I read about the reason for 8 days on 4 off? The single thing that has kept me from jumping on this is the appetite stimulation, and I'm deep into a months-long lean-out. Did it cause you to eat too much? I have a solid will, but don't want to sabotage myself.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tbh I was never able to track down any definitive data on the 8 on 4 off scenario. I tried it and it did seem to keep the initial good effects that seem so pronounced at the beginning of a mk cycle. That said, 5 on 2 off is much easier to follow IMO.
Personally I would not run mk-677 during a cut. It most definitely increases appetite and messes with blood sugar. Not to mention the added water weight and lethargy that seems to affect me about a month or so in. If I were you I’d run it after your cut. The water weight will subside over time but I don’t think it’s worth it while cutting. Besides I think utilizing the increased appetite is one of the biggest benefits of mk. It’s stimulating gh through ghrelin secretion and ghrelin causes hunger.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m pretty sure the reason for this was around insulin resistance - given the half life I never quite understood how 2 days off was enough but Mike is way more knowledgeable than me so I assume it is enough to avoid that side effect.

personally I just use berberine and metformin though (to address insulin resistance)

hgh (Chinese generic if pharma is too expensive) is far far better for cutting imho

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m pretty sure the reason for this was around insulin resistance - given the half life I never quite understood how 2 days off was enough but Mike is way more knowledgeable than me so I assume it is enough to avoid that side effect.

personally I just use berberine and metformin though (to address insulin resistance)

hgh (Chinese generic if pharma is too expensive) is far far better for cutting imho
The half life is around 6 hours. That's the only recorded half-life that I could find. The IGF increase lasts 24 hours.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The half life is around 6 hours. That's the only recorded half-life that I could find. The IGF increase lasts 24 hours.
fair enough in that case. I always thought it was 24
Hours ish

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
fair enough in that case. I always thought it was 24
Hours ish
I originally did. But the 6 hours makes sense because the hunger lasts for a few hours, and then it drops off pretty quick.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tbh I was never able to track down any definitive data on the 8 on 4 off scenario. I tried it and it did seem to keep the initial good effects that seem so pronounced at the beginning of a mk cycle. That said, 5 on 2 off is much easier to follow IMO.
Personally I would not run mk-677 during a cut. It most definitely increases appetite and messes with blood sugar. Not to mention the added water weight and lethargy that seems to affect me about a month or so in. If I were you I’d run it after your cut. The water weight will subside over time but I don’t think it’s worth it while cutting. Besides I think utilizing the increased appetite is one of the biggest benefits of mk. It’s stimulating gh through ghrelin secretion and ghrelin causes hunger.
Id prefer to prioritize taking it when cutting to preserve muscle mass, unless you need to really look shredded asap.