Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00223-023-01145-5

Abstract
The age-related loss of skeletal muscle function starts from midlife and if left unaddressed can lead to an impaired quality of life. A growing body of evidence indicates that mitochondrial dysfunction is causally involved with muscle aging. Muscles are tissues with high metabolic requirements, and contain rich mitochondria supply to support their continual energy needs. Cellular mitochondrial health is maintained by expansing of the mitochondrial pool though mitochondrial biogenesis, by preserving the natural mitochondrial dynamic process, via fusion and fission, and by ensuring the removal of damaged mitochondria through mitophagy. During aging, mitophagy levels decline and negatively impact skeletal muscle performance. Nutritional and pharmacological approaches have been proposed to manage the decline in muscle function due to impaired mitochondria bioenergetics. The natural postbiotic Urolithin A has been shown to promote mitophagy, mitochondrial function and improved muscle function across species in different experimental models and across multiple clinical studies. In this review, we explore the biology of Urolithin A and the clinical evidence of its impact on promoting healthy skeletal muscles during age-associated muscle decline.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
Uro A is so expensive, I hope Steve can release something similar soon.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does shilajit contain both Uro A and B and would have the same benefit?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Uro A is so expensive, I hope Steve can release something similar soon.
Urolithin A is patented so you won't see that available by anyone really besides the one company that has it.

We have Urolithin-B XT, but the way the patents are we can't really go much into detail on certain aspects of it as far as discussing it.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
Urolithin A is patented so you won't see that available by anyone really besides the one company that has it.

We have Urolithin-B XT, but the way the patents are we can't really go much into detail on certain aspects of it as far as discussing it.
Sad about the patent...
Uro B is a great supplement. Love it.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Quote: In addition, urolithins are abundant in Shilajit, a herbomineral used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine19. Urolithin A (UA), urolithin B (UB), urolithin C (UC) and urolithin D (UD) are the metabolites of ETs and EA that are found in humans10,12.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Quote: In addition, urolithins are abundant in Shilajit, a herbomineral used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine19. Urolithin A (UA), urolithin B (UB), urolithin C (UC) and urolithin D (UD) are the metabolites of ETs and EA that are found in humans10,12.
Shilajit does naturally contain some in there, but you're not going to get the dosages from them that you'll find in studies.

I love Shilajit, I get it daily via M-Test and Optimize-T, and even more when running Anabolic Effect, but can still notice a pronounced difference when using Urolithin-B XT on top of them.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sad about the patent...
Uro B is a great supplement. Love it.
I'm glad you enjoy it.

It doesn't get nearly the attention on here that it deserves imo.