Mission 1 - Protein Bar - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Just tried MuscleTech's Mission 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar and wanted to share a review.
Texture is good, similar to quest.
Taste is poor, couldn't taste any cookie dough flavor and the choc chips taste like shyt.
Portion size = 200 cals per 60gram bar

Would I buy it again? Not a chance
Would I recommend others to buy it? Not a chance

IMG_0924.JPG

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
Just curious, are you one of those people who hated the old quest bar formula?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Cause it tastes pretty much just like it
I guess that's why they make so many flavors bc I loved the old quest formula but I agree with OP on this one. Love the macros, hate the taste.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had the old quest bars, only the new ones I guess. I enjoy that flavour but yea this mission 1 isn't enjoyable.
If I'm paying $3+ for a bar I better enjoy it.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Seven bucks for a box of 4 at walmart.

Anyway, it tastes sour to me, same way plain whey and milk isolate and alkalized cocoa taste. I dislike that.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's why if i do go with a protein bar I always just stick with the cookies and cream quest bar. It's definitely the best tasting bar ive found but I try to avoid protein bars and just stick with powder.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
That's why if i do go with a protein bar I always just stick with the cookies and cream quest bar. It's definitely the best tasting bar ive found but I try to avoid protein bars and just stick with powder.
Same here man, just nice to have a few in the desk at work incase I get stuck

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The chocolate brownie was good, cookies and cream was poor. I would only suggest these if someone is looking for Quests' twin. Other than that, pass.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried the same flavor of this bar a few days ago, and I loved it. I can understand some people not enjoying it though. The price paid (~1.75) is still a little to high to justify repurchasing it, but I have no complaints about the texture or flavor. Just my opinion though.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I tried the same flavor of this bar a few days ago, and I loved it. I can understand some people not enjoying it though.
I feel the same way, I personally like the Mission 1 bars. They do have a different taste though, so I get why some people wouldn't like them. I don't like them as much as the OG Quest Bars, but they're not bad IMO

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
Just tried MuscleTech's Mission 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar and wanted to share a review.
Texture is good, similar to quest.
Taste is poor, couldn't taste any cookie dough flavor and the choc chips taste like shyt.
Portion size = 200 cals per 60gram bar

Would I buy it again? Not a chance
Would I recommend others to buy it? Not a chance

View attachment 129654
I'm not a fan of that flavor, but I love the cookies and cream ones they make.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a fan of that flavor, but I love the cookies and cream ones they make.
I tried the cookies and cream too. It was better than choc chip but still not good enough to buy again. Quest is the same price and tastes much better imo

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
I tried the cookies and cream too. It was better than choc chip but still not good enough to buy again. Quest is the same price and tastes much better imo
What's your favorite flavor?

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established