Mirko Cro Cop: "I am not someone who should be underestimated."

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mirko CroCop has looked less than stellar since he came to the UFC over three years ago at UFC 67 and fans have every reason to under estimate what he will do with Ben Rothwell at UFC 110, but the former top ranked heavyweight tells Michael David Smith not to under estimate him on February 21st:

"Ben Rothwell is a big guy, much bigger and taller than I am," Cro Cop said. "He is very tough as well. But I am ready. He is very good with ground and pound, but I am not worried about this. I am ready if it goes to the ground. But I do not think it will go to the ground. I think this will be a stand-up battle, the Fight of the Night."

"I am taking one fight at a time. But I don't think anyone in the division should be underestimating me. I am not someone who should be underestimated. I have not had the results in my last fights, but I am still the man who won titles, won in PRIDE, and did what I did. It isn't clever business to underestimate me."
MMA News - Mirko Cro Cop Says Not To Under Estimate Him At UFC 110

More power to CC. I'm hoping for the best, but he's only given reason for skepticism.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he hasn't really shown much since he left Pride but he is still one of my all time favorites overall. I wish him luck and still hope to see the old CroCop back with a highlight reel finish this Saturday!

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
Crocops been training with an actual legit camp for this fight, and in another article he claims hes finally ready to 'defend his reputation'. He's one of my absolute favorite fighters, but lets face it... This is nothing new, he's been hyping himself up before EVERY disappointing performance of his lately. My knees better, ive been training better, i feel better, im confident again. Hopefully this time he actually means it...

one little tidbit i did find REAL interesting in a recent fedor interview though..

Who was your toughest opponent until today?
- It is very interesting question. In terms of preparation for the fight I think that all of them are equally the same, but if we talk about the fight itself, I think that it would be Minotauro Nogueira and Mirko Cro Cop. Although I think that Mirko was the easier one, because I’ve seen in his eyes that he is ready to give up . Minotauro Nogueira fought me with everything he had to the last second of our battle, which earned the huge amount of respect I have for him

Maybe Cro Cop's struggled with the psychological aspect of the game more so than we all thought....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mirko's always been a front-runner and is not a true "champion" in that sense. Although he was one of the reasons I got into MMA, his peak was the '06 OWGP.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love to see him do well, I just think he is so gun shy at this point, that its tough to think he will win at all

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Mirko's always been a front-runner and is not a true "champion" in that sense. Although he was one of the reasons I got into MMA, his peak was the '06 OWGP.
Yeah he has not performed at the same level since then.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crocops been training with an actual legit camp for this fight, and in another article he claims hes finally ready to 'defend his reputation'. He's one of my absolute favorite fighters, but lets face it... This is nothing new, he's been hyping himself up before EVERY disappointing performance of his lately. My knees better, ive been training better, i feel better, im confident again. Hopefully this time he actually means it...

one little tidbit i did find REAL interesting in a recent fedor interview though..

Who was your toughest opponent until today?
- It is very interesting question. In terms of preparation for the fight I think that all of them are equally the same, but if we talk about the fight itself, I think that it would be Minotauro Nogueira and Mirko Cro Cop. Although I think that Mirko was the easier one, because I’ve seen in his eyes that he is ready to give up . Minotauro Nogueira fought me with everything he had to the last second of our battle, which earned the huge amount of respect I have for him

Maybe Cro Cop's struggled with the psychological aspect of the game more so than we all thought....
That was an interesting interview by Fedor. Cool little insight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VolcomX311 MMA 8
VolcomX311 MMA 0
VolcomX311 MMA 1
VolcomX311 MMA 1
sureshot! MMA 18