Mini bulk ideas

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to do a mini lean bulk over the Xmas period and thought I'd throw in glycophase to utilise all the extra carbs I'll be consuming as I've heard great things about it, I'll still be working out and wanna try something new that'll put on some lean mass.
I've tried most OL products, did 4 months of Vector, 6 months of fd2, various AI's etc
Anyone any ideas?
Was thinking about massmax or major gains, does anyone have experience with these supplements?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
You've tried 'em all! I think a GDA with Massmax would be a solid option. Personally never used major gains, but from my personal experience I think MassMax would help you stay lean while utilizing the extra carbs/calories during the holidays

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A lot of positive reviews on Massmax xt. I'd give it a shot and see how you like it if you haven't tried it before. If your diet is in check for a bulk and you add in massmax you should get some nice results.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Evomuse Defuse would be an excellent supplement for a mini bulk. If I recall correctly you can use it up to 4 weeks consecutively at reduced dose.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MassMax for sure. Users report a 7-8 pound weight gain in 8 weeks while improving body composition and strength.

I ran it for 8 weeks and enjoyed it. Check out my review. I will run it again in the future. Hunger, weight, and strength went up noticeably. That's impressive considering I've been training for over 20 years.

I recommend Mass Max XT as well. I have just finished up a two bottle run and have added 6 pounds and my strength has definitely gone up. Just yesterday I hit 300lb on the incline bench for my first time, and I'm just about to turn 50. This is actually my third time using Mass Max for a two bottle run and the first two runs were just as good as well.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm looking to do a mini lean bulk over the Xmas period and thought I'd throw in glycophase to utilise all the extra carbs I'll be consuming as I've heard great things about it, I'll still be working out and wanna try something new that'll put on some lean mass.
I've tried most OL products, did 4 months of Vector, 6 months of fd2, various AI's etc
Anyone any ideas?
Was thinking about massmax or major gains, does anyone have experience with these supplements?
What about X Gels? Arachidonic acid is one of the only studied/proven effective supplements for strength and size in trained males! Its a staple for me in any bulk as the added cals help with the recovery too to limit any DOMS

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Evomuse Defuse would be an excellent supplement for a mini bulk. If I recall correctly you can use it up to 4 weeks consecutively at reduced dose.
100% disagree (and I LOVE defuse). Defuse is strictly for mitigating the impact of calories eaten by not allowing your body to absorb and utilize them... in a bulk, this is completely counterproductive becuase you WANT the cals. It doesn't jsut inhibit fat gain, but any gain.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't really come across anything from Dsade that would suggest that short term Defuse usage would inhibit gains to any degree. Straight from Dsade himself, pulled from various discussions on Defuse:

Defuse is effective using the 3 cap serving for short term cheats/holidays/vacations. Using the 2 by 2 protocol, it can also be used for 45-60 days as a longer term fat loss/fat gain inhibition strategy.

Best word for it is Fat Gain Inhibitor. Daily use is not right, at least not long term (you can't counter an overall bad diet with supplements)...but a few weeks of less than great diet (bulking cycle, vacation, holidays) would be ideal.

Defuse will help temporarily, and if used strategically you can trigger some pretty incredible anabolic effects without putting on even an ounce of fat.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I didn't really come across anything from Dsade that would suggest that short term Defuse usage would inhibit gains to any degree. Straight from Dsade himself, pulled from various discussions on Defuse:

Defuse is effective using the 3 cap serving for short term cheats/holidays/vacations. Using the 2 by 2 protocol, it can also be used for 45-60 days as a longer term fat loss/fat gain inhibition strategy.

Best word for it is Fat Gain Inhibitor. Daily use is not right, at least not long term (you can't counter an overall bad diet with supplements)...but a few weeks of less than great diet (bulking cycle, vacation, holidays) would be ideal.

Defuse will help temporarily, and if used strategically you can trigger some pretty incredible anabolic effects without putting on even an ounce of fat.
The issue is that it’s meant to dispose of calories... which means you just need to eat more to still be in a true surplus. It’s really only benefit would be if you HAD to eat pretty dirty since it would help simply limit the junk weight you might gains from trash macros. Otherwise tho, if you’re eating a reasonably clean diet I think it’s a waste since it will just help dispose of some of the needed cals.

I even logged it on dsades fine using his prescribed low dose longer term protocol and saw nothing from it. Not benefits, no gains, no extra fat loss.

Like I said, I LOVE the product for what it is: a fat gain inhibitor; but based on my own usage I see no benefit for a reasonably clean bulk.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MassMax with ArA is a really nice stack (assuming you have taken both before). Always suggest taking them solo before stacking.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The issue is that it’s meant to dispose of calories... which means you just need to eat more to still be in a true surplus. It’s really only benefit would be if you HAD to eat pretty dirty since it would help simply limit the junk weight you might gains from trash macros. Otherwise tho, if you’re eating a reasonably clean diet I think it’s a waste since it will just help dispose of some of the needed cals.

I even logged it on dsades fine using his prescribed low dose longer term protocol and saw nothing from it. Not benefits, no gains, no extra fat loss.

Like I said, I LOVE the product for what it is: a fat gain inhibitor; but based on my own usage I see no benefit for a reasonably clean bulk.
I agree with this. Defuse is fantastic for cheat meals, but its purpose isn't suited to a bulk.

Massmax or Xgels would be much better suited to a bulk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What about X Gels? Arachidonic acid is one of the only studied/proven effective supplements for strength and size in trained males! Its a staple for me in any bulk as the added cals help with the recovery too to limit any DOMS
I had a great run of glycophase, will be running again soon...the last time I ran x gels was years ago, my old joints just can't handle it anymore [60], but the gains from it were impressive. I think x gels/glycophase would be a fantastic combo if joins are up to it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Just bought the massmax and glycophase from SSS
Great choice. Enjoy! Let us know how Massmax and Glycophase treat you.
What are you plans for dosing with glycophase?

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Great choice. Enjoy! Let us know how Massmax and Glycophase treat you.
What are you plans for dosing with glycophase?
John im gonna dose it away from workouts because of the berberine and take 2 twice a day with heavy carb meals

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
John im gonna dose it away from workouts because of the berberine and take 2 twice a day with heavy carb meals
Should be a nice stack! Let us know how you like it. I’ve never used glycophase before but I want to.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had a great run of glycophase, will be running again soon...the last time I ran x gels was years ago, my old joints just can't handle it anymore [60], but the gains from it were impressive. I think x gels/glycophase would be a fantastic combo if joins are up to it.
Did you try throwing in any additional fish oil or even some Joint Support XT? I personally only get a bit achy towards the end of a run, but I know for some it can get really bad (and I expect that the older you are the harder it hits simply due to years of use/abuse ha)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did you try throwing in any additional fish oil or even some Joint Support XT? I personally only get a bit achy towards the end of a run, but I know for some it can get really bad (and I expect that the older you are the harder it hits simply due to years of use/abuse ha)
at the time I ran it the word was that fish oil had a negative impact on the ARA so no....lol, the memory is just too painful to try again, it was pre my knee replacement and it really put a hurting on it...but, as you said I had pre-existing injury and too many years of wear and tear on my joints...x gels are great for the younger guys or if you don't get joint issues from it-just not for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
at the time I ran it the word was that fish oil had a negative impact on the ARA so no....lol, the memory is just too painful to try again, it was pre my knee replacement and it really put a hurting on it...but, as you said I had pre-existing injury and too many years of wear and tear on my joints...x gels are great for the younger guys or if you don't get joint issues from it-just not for me.
yeah its definitnely sub-optimal to have too many anti-inflammatories, but realistically the minor negative impact of something like fish oil (espe cially dosed far away from the gels since they're very acute in their use) is far less than the negative impact of sub-optimal training due to pain.

That may not be quite as true for a more dramatic supp like a joint support, but fish oil, for sure. Frankly, bad training will be far worse than jsut about anything supplemental outside off aas and maybe a few ph/sarm types. Volume and Intensity 100% trump a minor detail to a supplement.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah its definitnely sub-optimal to have too many anti-inflammatories, but realistically the minor negative impact of something like fish oil (espe cially dosed far away from the gels since they're very acute in their use) is far less than the negative impact of sub-optimal training due to pain.

That may not be quite as true for a more dramatic supp like a joint support, but fish oil, for sure. Frankly, bad training will be far worse than jsut about anything supplemental outside off aas and maybe a few ph/sarm types. Volume and Intensity 100% trump a minor detail to a supplement.
agreed...for the vast majority on this forum x gels w/fish oil will give nice results!!!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone any ideas?
Food is the chief anabolic, so imo I would do everything to utilize the food you are eating and eat more. I would save the other products for cutting down or recompong and put the money towards more food. I would say a good gda can help, which you’ve mentioned. Predator from chaos and pain is another great one. My next thing would be a great digestive enzyme to take with your meals, this will help break down and better utilize your nutrients. Remember it’s what your body can assimilate that matters. I like source naturals essential enzymes, which has a full spectrum of digestive ingredients covering protein carbs fats dairy etc. also a sleep support supp would be good if you have trouble getting in sleep. Melatonin I find is great at 3mg, but if you are looking for more there is Hypnos by chaos and pain as well as some other great products from sponsors on here. As always focus on diet, training and sleep. Then supplement where you need to enhance those processes. With a bulk diet is big big factor. Eat more, train harder and rest longer to recover from it all.