Mind & Muscle and Olympus Labs Presents "If You Like Sweat and Coladas"

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
--AubreyHord_HONK2015_068.jpg
hungry-pina-colada-iStock_000037652558Large-E.jpeg

No worries, I'm not going to post up the video to the pina colada song here. I thought about it, but just can't. It's like a crime against humanity. What I can do is thank cheftepesh1 and double s for selecting me to run a product I've been very interested in but just haven't picked up yet. Olympus Labs' BloodShr3d War Edition came in the mail yesterday and I was very eager to get this log for it started up.

I've been dropping lbs to the tune of 40 lost since New Years Day. I've got a Spartan-type event on June 3 and want to have my mid-section tighter than it's ever been. I'd like to get to 200lbs or lower. I was able to hit that mark last Summer. However, I've put on some size over the past year, so I don't know if "one-derland" is someplace I'll get back to.

I'm currently running a HST cycle and plan on continuing that through this log. T, Tr, and Sat at the gym. The other days I do bodyweight/active recovery at home with the bride. Going to be running 3 scoops of BloodShr3d a day--2 scoops along with a non-stim pump product pre-workout and 1 scoop in the afternoon to help with the afternoon blahs. I'm running my calories at anywhere between 2100-2300 cals a day based on my activity levels. Macro split is 35C/40P/25F with very little variance.

Enough about me, here are my initial impressions of BloodShr3d War Hawaiian Colada.

Taste--6/5! I really wasn't prepared for how good this was going to taste. I've had a couple samples of BS Raw Orange Starkrush and it's good. I mean it'll do. But this colada flavor is GOOD! I was prepared for a heavy pineapple with a bit of coconut but this is a perfect combination of the two. Not only that, but a slight vanilla comes through that fools the tongue into thinking there's some creaminess there. I usually just take a scoop of PWO directly to the dome and wash it down. But this is the rare supp that I think I'll sip and enjoy in the mornings!

Mixability--5/5. Mixed perfectly. No white specks or grit left behind. I do recall having some with BS Raw so I was surprised that this mixed better.

EFX--TBD. This kicked in pretty quickly. It only took about 15 minutes to really start waking me up. It was a nice energy buzz for 4AM. I got to the gym around 4:35 and was focused and ready to work! After my opening cardio I was already dripping and stayed that way throughout the weight session. Thus far I am VERY impressed. Yep...this is going to be fun!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Starting pix. (Disclaimer: just moved so I'm still trying to find the best room for selfies )
IMG_4705.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG
IMG_4707.JPG

IMG_4708.JPG

Ahhh.... the new place really brings out my back hair...

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's probably the most clever thread titles to date. Kudos

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's probably the most clever thread titles to date. Kudos
Lol. I try to make them somewhat memorable.

Thanks for stopping in!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Daamn, that's alot of scoops

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like you have a high stim tolerance

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 148898View attachment 148899
No worries, I'm not going to post up the video to the pina colada song here. I thought about it, but just can't. It's like a crime against humanity. What I can do is thank cheftepesh1 and double s for selecting me to run a product I've been very interested in but just haven't picked up yet. Olympus Labs' BloodShr3d War Edition came in the mail yesterday and I was very eager to get this log for it started up.

I've been dropping lbs to the tune of 40 lost since New Years Day. I've got a Spartan-type event on June 3 and want to have my mid-section tighter than it's ever been. I'd like to get to 200lbs or lower. I was able to hit that mark last Summer. However, I've put on some size over the past year, so I don't know if "one-derland" is someplace I'll get back to.

I'm currently running a HST cycle and plan on continuing that through this log. T, Tr, and Sat at the gym. The other days I do bodyweight/active recovery at home with the bride. Going to be running 3 scoops of BloodShr3d a day--2 scoops along with a non-stim pump product pre-workout and 1 scoop in the afternoon to help with the afternoon blahs. I'm running my calories at anywhere between 2100-2300 cals a day based on my activity levels. Macro split is 35C/40P/25F with very little variance.

Enough about me, here are my initial impressions of BloodShr3d War Hawaiian Colada.

Taste--6/5! I really wasn't prepared for how good this was going to taste. I've had a couple samples of BS Raw Orange Starkrush and it's good. I mean it'll do. But this colada flavor is GOOD! I was prepared for a heavy pineapple with a bit of coconut but this is a perfect combination of the two. Not only that, but a slight vanilla comes through that fools the tongue into thinking there's some creaminess there. I usually just take a scoop of PWO directly to the dome and wash it down. But this is the rare supp that I think I'll sip and enjoy in the mornings!

Mixability--5/5. Mixed perfectly. No white specks or grit left behind. I do recall having some with BS Raw so I was surprised that this mixed better.

EFX--TBD. This kicked in pretty quickly. It only took about 15 minutes to really start waking me up. It was a nice energy buzz for 4AM. I got to the gym around 4:35 and was focused and ready to work! After my opening cardio I was already dripping and stayed that way throughout the weight session. Thus far I am VERY impressed. Yep...this is going to be fun!
I agree on HC being an awesome flavor. I think Orange gets the nod more often than not but I prefer HC out of all 3. I also like 3 scoops daily but can't even handle 1.5 scoops of the Raw version. Nice start!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you have a high stim tolerance
Daamn, that's alot of scoops
2 scoops is 250mg caffeine, right? After using stimmed burners for this long, I do have a bit of a tolerance. Although, I can drink a Coke Zero with dinner and be up half the night. I was using 5 caps of Ignit3 pre-workout for 300mg. So I figured 2 scoops of BSW was the only way to go!

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 scoops is 250mg caffeine, right? After using stimmed burners for this long, I do have a bit of a tolerance. Although, I can drink a Coke Zero with dinner and be up half the night. I was using 5 caps of Ignit3 pre-workout for 300mg. So I figured 2 scoops of BSW was the only way to go!
Yep 250mg caffeine, plus j. regia and eria jarensis. And 2/1 sounds fine, as long as you're aware of your stim tolerance and are handling it well, and also as long as the later dose doesn't keep you up at night (so have it early enough, because even one scoop will have more stims than a Coke Zero!).

Bobbaugh3

Bobbaugh3

Awards
No luck with the mailman today, hoping before Friday!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! I'll get in on this!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My appetite is normally pretty big but 2 scoops of BSW is taming it a bit. Time is short for me today but I wanted to post up yesterday's workout.

HIIT Arc Trainer--12 minutes for 305cals burned (according to machine [a2m])

Goblet squat--2x5x105
Alt db flat press--2x5x85s
Lat raise--2x5x50s
Db inc flyes--2x5x45s
Alt db curl--2x5x60s
Hammer OH press--2x5x180
Seated hammer row--2x5x235
Db row--2x8x110
Cable Flyes--2x5x35s
Rope pull down--2x5x120
Oh Rope tri ext--2x5x85
Kb swing--2x15x70
Cable Crunches--2x15x85
Superman--2x15

Treadmill--1 mile at 11 minutes for 170 cals (a2m)

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goblet squats??
Lol I don't like them personally (mostly because of the way you load them), but they're not a bad alternative if for whatever reason you have trouble with squat form (mobility, etc). Or as an accessory, since judging by that workout it wasn't a leg day and they were just in there as part of a warmup or something to that effect.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol I don't like them personally (mostly because of the way you load them), but they're not a bad alternative if for whatever reason you have trouble with squat form (mobility, etc). Or as an accessory, since judging by that workout it wasn't a leg day and they were just in there as part of a warmup or something to that effect.
Might have to give these a try

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Goblet squats.

I'll take a dumbbell and hold it vertically with the top part of the weight against my upper chest then squad a2g and do my best to jump. I just started doing them about a month ago but my quads have never looked better!

I'll try to get some video of them next week if anyone is interested.

In the meantime this colada flavor is still quite amazing. I missed my late morning dose so right now I'm sipping on a scoop and a half in 24 ounces of water.
Damn it's good!

Went over on calories yesterday by about 90. But the scale was already drunk so I'm not going to sweat it (no pun intended). Had kickboxing at home this morning and that was all the sweat I need today. Scale is already dropping and we're just getting started!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Havent had the pleasure as of yet but looking forward to it

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not much too add from the weekend. Had a great workout on Saturday. Very similar to the one I posted earlier but was able to bump up 5lbs for most movements. Went over calories both days, but I don't think I went over maintenance. Weighed in at 209 his morning despite those higher calorie days and not much sleep last night. I'LL TAKE IT!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is that promised demo of my version of the goblet squat.
[video]https://youtu.be/C57r7U82SYI[/video]

Took in some pretty low calories yesterday in an effort to undo some of the weekend damage. Woke up this morning up by about a pound. Every time I think I know how my body works, it throws me a curve ball like that.

Oh well, 2 scoops of BSW got me woke and raging in the gym this morning. I've got one more low rep day before going back for a week of 15-20 rep days and then the event I've been busting my *ss for is on June 3rd!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm really enjoying this stuff...have I mentioned that lately?

If I had any negative thing to say so far, I've noticed that bloodshr3d leaves a weird film in the bottom center of whatever container I'm drinking it out of. Whether it's a small 6oz glass or a 24oz bottle, there's a film the same color as the dye that's used to color the product. Nothing that will keep me from purchasing in the future, but just an observation for those who don't like artificial colors.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm really enjoying this stuff...have I mentioned that lately?

If I had any negative thing to say so far, I've noticed that bloodshr3d leaves a weird film in the bottom center of whatever container I'm drinking it out of. Whether it's a small 6oz glass or a 24oz bottle, there's a film the same color as the dye that's used to color the product. Nothing that will keep me from purchasing in the future, but just an observation for those who don't like artificial colors.
Curious now...have to investigate this but all in all, glad you like it!

Allhealsonme

Allhealsonme

Awards
  • Established
Bloodshr3d is some good stuff. I personally use RAW and love it. Gets me motivated for those 4:30AM workouts.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great log so far. Hoping to see some serious weightloss in here.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I've been incommunicado for a couple of days. Holiday and then a couple unexpected days off work have knocked my AM time for a loop!

Latest report is that I'm going through a bit of a weight rebound. I dropped down to a low of 207 last week. But this week I'm holding onto some fluid around my midsection. I'm back up to 210. But I'm going to lower my carb intake for a couple days and see if I can flush this stuff out.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Officially starting my de-load today. No weights for 10-14 days. i always hate this time period. Still doing Daily Burn in the mornings, but that is more to keep mobility and a bit of training rather than really pushing it. 2 scoops of BSW with another throughout the morning is still keeping me going even if I can't figure out the source of this water retention.

Between me and the missus both using the BSW, I think there is a week or so left in the tub. Based on the effects I've had so far, I think I'm going to give BloodShr3d Raw a go!

Allhealsonme

Allhealsonme

Awards
  • Established
Officially starting my de-load today. No weights for 10-14 days. i always hate this time period. Still doing Daily Burn in the mornings, but that is more to keep mobility and a bit of training rather than really pushing it. 2 scoops of BSW with another throughout the morning is still keeping me going even if I can't figure out the source of this water retention.

Between me and the missus both using the BSW, I think there is a week or so left in the tub. Based on the effects I've had so far, I think I'm going to give BloodShr3d Raw a go!
Raw is a different animal altogether. I think you will enjoy it!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a feeling I will as well. I like Alpha-Y so it can only be even better!

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deload is annoying but necessary. It's not long enough to lose anything though and you'll come back stronger.

I have a feeling I will as well. I like Alpha-Y so it can only be even better!
Yeah if you tolerate alpha-y well, you'll definitely like Raw!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deload is annoying but necessary. It's not long enough to lose anything though and you'll come back stronger.

Yeah if you tolerate alpha-y well, you'll definitely like Raw!
I hate de-load so much...

I never really used it until last year and even then it was just a drop in weight with the same volume. I took a week off for my honeymoon back in October. But I've been hitting it pretty hard on this cut since January. I can honestly say I haven't taken 10-14 days since starting out with the weights almost 9 years ago!

I guess it's time...

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good to see your back in the game

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate de-load so much...

I never really used it until last year and even then it was just a drop in weight with the same volume. I took a week off for my honeymoon back in October. But I've been hitting it pretty hard on this cut since January. I can honestly say I haven't taken 10-14 days since starting out with the weights almost 9 years ago!

I guess it's time...
I take almost a full week of nothing before powerlifting meets, so I end up deloading ~3 times per year. Generally by the time I get to it, I need it and it's welcomed lol. I'd say if it's been since January since you took any time off and 9 years since you took more than a week and a half off, it's time!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apparently the time off is doing me some good!
IMG_4878.jpg

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finally back at my sweet home away from home this morning! I was so amped up that I didn't sleep very well last night. I decided to get crazy and take a full day's dose (3 scoops) at once. Wow. That's some kinda great buzz and focus! Had myself a good time this morning!

6/13

Stairmill--10 minutes for 215 cals burned (a2m)

Goblet squat--2x15x75
Alt db inc press--2x15x60s
Lat raise--2x15x30s
Alt db curl--2x15x40s
Db oh press--2x15x40s
Seated hammer row--2x15x165
Db row--2x15x100
Cable Flyes--2x15x30s
Mgrip pull down--2x15x105
Vgrip tri ext--2x15x95
Kb swing--2x15x70
Cable Crunches--2x15x95
Superman--2x15

Arc trainer--10 minutes for 200 cals burned (a2m)

I've got a tub of Grape Bubblegum Raw on the way. So I'm wanting to keep this log going for another month. I'm moving more toward recomp into Fall so I'm not looking for great weight loss anymore although I also don't want the scale to move back up more than 4-5lbs as I am very happy at hitting that 205lb mark!

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on getting to 205 then! And recomp is fun, a little more dietary freedom than cutting, plus lifting generally goes better.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on getting to 205 then! And recomp is fun, a little more dietary freedom than cutting, plus lifting generally goes better.
Thanks!

Yep, I'm definitely looking forward to freeing up the menu a bit!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Ahhhh, I loosened up a bit much on the diet this weekend but have been having some good times at the gym. Last Thursday's workout was basically a repeat of Tuesday. On Saturday I returned to my beloved deadlifts for the first time in a while. Nothing crazy on weight since this is a high volume week, but I was happy with what I'm still capable of after this long, slow cut.

Warm-Up
30 minutes of Daily Burn

Deads--2x15x285/Chin-ups--3x6xBW

Alt db inc Press--2x15x65s
Lat raise--2x15x40s
Db flat flyes--2x15x30s
Alt db curl--2x15x45s
1arm landmine press--2x15x40
Seated hammer row--2x15x170
Db row--2x15x100
Cable Flyes--2x15x30s
Close mgrip pull down--2x15x115
Vgrip tri ext--2x15x95
Kb swing--2x15x70
Cable Crunches--2x15x95
Superman--2x15

Usually Bloodshr3d crushes my appetite, but after that workout I was ravenous!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's what weekends are for "refeeds"?