Methadone increases prohormone effectiveness? (blocks p450)

skalami

Awards
Hey guys, just wanted to ask this to someone who might understand this better then me. I was just reading that if you drink grapefruit juice, eat a grapefruit a few hours before or after taking a pro hormone,methylated oral steroid that it will help because it breaks down some enzyme or cytochrome something in the stomach that itself breaks down prohormones. Something called P450 2D6 or CYP2D6. Now i understand almost nothing about this but it seems like they tested methadone patients and they found that methadone also breaks this stuff down. In fact im starting to think based on some links that methadone doesnt break this stuff down but is just broken down by this same p450 that PH's are.

Im not saying at all that anyone should take methadone to increase PH effectiveness, that would be the dumbest most counter productive thing you could do because methadone is like acid to muscle and your nervous system but just wondering if someone in the know could answer this if i actually understand this correctly.

Here are some links:

pubmedcentral.nih. gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1381486
Inhibition of human cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) by methadone

pubs.acs. org/doi/abs/10.1021/tx950116m Involvement of Cytochrome P450 3A4 Enzyme in the N-Demethylation of Methadone in Human Liver Microsomes - Chemical Research in Toxicology (ACS Publications)