Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude....
The one with Archspire and Virvum?
Uh ya. That’s the only show I’m going to this year. It’s on May 12th here in Phoenix.

Virvum Illuminance is the most finely crafted tech-death album in 10 years. Hands down.
Inferi was a bonus for me bc I’ve been dying to see Arch and Virvum for 3 years.
Double check on that date. May 12th shows as hollywood for that show. I believe AZ is a few days later

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thought i would share.. old band i was in backyard show. I still have our demo if interested to give a listen haha

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Of course horrific recording but I seriously love the sound. Intermittent fast blastbeats are my fav. Reminds me of early 2000s goatwhore of even fleshgod apocalypse

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course horrific recording but I seriously love the sound. Intermittent fast blastbeats are my fav. Reminds me of early 2000s goatwhore of even fleshgod apocalypse
Yea it was fun but we all separated. Me and the drummer are great friends and we still jam once in a while.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea it was fun but we all separated. Me and the drummer are great friends and we still jam once in a while.
I have been meaning to get out with a drummer buddy of mine and bring our guitarist and the drummer guy said he’d play bass. We all grew up playing metal. But we all have families and careers and grown up ****.

Between you and Steely Dan, I cant even tell you what a treat it is to just know people that know Archspire Inferi and Virvum are touring. It’s like Christmas for me. I’m not missing that show no matter what. And I do think it’s the 14th too. Not the 12th

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like fun to get back into some jamming sessions. Same situation here. Yea i hope i work things out to make it to that show!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This band grew so much from their first album. Love this song..

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^dude i was not a fan when i first heard of them. I played a show with them back in 2006.. then genesis came out and i enjoyed it. Thought they stepped it up a lot. .. and then i forgot all about them. Thanks for sharing this huge update for me! That was goood.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^dude i was not a fan when i first heard of them. I played a show with them back in 2006.. then genesis came out and i enjoyed it. Thought they stepped it up a lot. .. and then i forgot all about them. Thanks for sharing this huge update for me! That was goood.
Same bro. Doom sucked and I didn’t dig his pig squeals. There’s only a handful of deathcore outfits I can get into. Despised Icon never disappointed. But then they took a chilled out yet frantic technical turn and it literally took me until last year to go back and check some of their stuff out. Loving a few tracks on SunEater

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As far as I’m concerned, they are The Godfather’s of second wave technical death metal...

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ended up going to the show last night.
Left being fan of a new band “Wormhole” i’ll post a video soon.
Missed archspire at the end. Vivrum and inferi were good but they had horrible tech issues no pun intended. Wormhole sounded flawless.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fucking Virvum put out the best debut album since Faceless and Obscura’s first albums.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Virvums sound was weird. Half of the set sounded odd and muddy and then It sort of got fixed. One of the guitarist was way too low the whole time and the drums had too much bass and would sound muddy. Drummers double bass work was a bit slop and the high triggers made it obvious. But i suspect it may have been because he was using inferis drum kit? Not sure

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Virvums sound was weird. Half of the set sounded odd and muddy and then It sort of got fixed. One of the guitarist was way too low the whole time and the drums had too much bass and would sound muddy. Drummers double bass work was a bit slop and the high triggers made it obvious. But i suspect it may have been because he was using inferis drum kit? Not sure
If you’ve heard Illuminance, one could speculate it’s tricky af to duplicate live and all the YouTube live performances have shown me this too. Bummer they were off but their composition so impressive

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What you think of new fleshgod?
Still soaking it up. Not love at first listen but I dug it.
Oracles was my favorite to date, as they change their sound slightly pretty much every album.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same thoughts. It sounds too similar to King, which is not a bad thing, but it threw me off at first and second listen because some songs are almost same formula. I knew what they were going to play next riffs before they got there. I’m sure it’ll grow on me.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Digging these metal core bands lately;

Crystal lake (listen to helix-album)
Dealer
Alpha wolf

Good stuff

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Digging these metal core bands lately;

Crystal lake (listen to helix-album)
Dealer
Alpha wolf

Good stuff
I like the Crystal Lake album quite a lot just now checked it out. Good call. I’m so not up to speed on core the last few years. I like After the Burials second album in 2015.
CL sounded like 2002 hardcore vocals mixed with early Acacia Strain.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the Crystal Lake album quite a lot just now checked it out. Good call. I’m so not up to speed on core the last few years. I like After the Burials second album in 2015.
CL sounded like 2002 hardcore vocals mixed with early Acacia Strain.
I came across CL by chance on YouTube

But I saw they opened for August burns red on there recent tour too

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dug these guys up on this new FB page for tech/prog death metal

J

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as I’m concerned, they are The Godfather’s of second wave technical death metal...

Cool thread! I was just about to post necrophagist

idk about the band, but this song is cool.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been tryna dig into the new Periphery. Saw them twice live way back in 2011 with Veil of Maya. Haven’t love their direction last 5 years but heard good things about the new one

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cool thread! I was just about to post necrophagist

idk about the band, but this song is cool.
Necrophagist and Obscura two of my all time favorites. I’m a sucker for tech and prog

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have a grip of good djent-prog like Intervals. Seen Plini, Intervals, Angel Vivaldi, Save us from the Archon, and Tesseract all within the same weekend.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know everyone is a fan of their genre of choice, but what I have borders obsession.
I read reviews every day on metal injection, metal hammer and lamb goat. I read top 100 album lists every year, I YouTube and let the song play to the next until I’m on bands I’ve never heard. I Wikipedia Bands and read about what bands they used to play for and associated acts. I use Apple Music and read at least 10 “if you like this band, you’ll love these too”. I try to sample 200-400 albums every year. There’s not a ton in my favorite genres of metal that I will let get by me, although I miss bands all the time, so I make threads like this to learn even more.
I have a disease.

J

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a grip of good djent-prog like Intervals. Seen Plini, Intervals, Angel Vivaldi, Save us from the Archon, and Tesseract all within the same weekend.
Dude! Nice! Thats on my bucket list

J

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know everyone is a fan of their genre of choice, but what I have borders obsession.
I read reviews every day on metal injection, metal hammer and lamb goat. I read top 100 album lists every year, I YouTube and let the song play to the next until I’m on bands I’ve never heard. I Wikipedia Bands and read about what bands they used to play for and associated acts. I use Apple Music and read at least 10 “if you like this band, you’ll love these too”. I try to sample 200-400 albums every year. There’s not a ton in my favorite genres of metal that I will let get by me, although I miss bands all the time, so I make threads like this to learn even more.
I have a disease.
:LOL::LOL: Thats probably the best disease ever

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fun Tech band with members from other great bands.