Men and Women of AM, please share your stories with me!

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
( Sorry for the novel )

Guys and gals, I really wish I participated more within this community. My world has been moving and expanding so rapidly, that it limits how much posting time I have. So, I'm making a thread that will be very important to me and hopefully encourage me to become more involved, while improving myself.. maybe some others, too.

First, the point of this thread is to gather some wisdom. My career is evolving every day, I purchased a house in January, and we are expecting a child in December.

What bits of advice were you guys told about these topics? Which ones did you learn along the way? What are some things you'd have done differently, and what are some things you'd do exactly the same?

I hope this thread evolves into something larger than myself. I want to see everyone sharing their life lessons for us all to learn from. Feel free to tag anyone you think may have some valuable input (such as @The Solution lol).

I'll start with a simple question that I hope can branch put into several conversations.

What are some simple things I can do for my girlfriend to make her feel beautiful when she starts showing? She already has some insecurities about her appearance...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sometimes it's as simple as just telling her that she's beautiful, but make sure it's from a sincere place and not just because you think she needs it. I hope that makes sense. Show her attention and initiate sex, making her feel wanted still. Try not to overthink it and congratulations on everything!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whew - that’s a lot going on. Congrats! Good on you for even being concerned about how your GF feels about her appearance. It really is the little things. Ride along on the emotional rollercoaster with her and she’ll directly or indirectly let you know what she needs. Sometimes telling her she’s beautiful won’t be enough and she won’t believe you “you’re only saying that because you have to!” Say it and mean it every time. Don’t be afraid to ask her what she needs from you in that moment. But for the love of all that is holy never say “I know you’re all hormonal right now but …”

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
But for the love of all that is holy never say “I know you’re all hormonal right now but …”
This!!! Two marriages worth of experience here, so much this lol. Even if she brings it up, do not agree with her. It's a trap!