MEAT

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tend to take my meals separately, meaning I eat the foods on separate plates, in sequence... and I’m not picky.

Anyone else have a rather spartan approach to nutrition while somehow never getting tired of the usual? Pic for reference.
IMG_0001.JPG

Ase_james

Awards
Sometimes. I'll eat a bowl of meat or a big thing of pasta. Mostly when I'm behind on one or the other. But it's not bad.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take a 6oz steak to work with me daily. I eat that for dinner, along with a small salad. While I’m cooking the steak I make a quick, simple salad of some greens, a couple slices of cucumber and onion, and the slightest drizzle of vinaigrette. I eat this a minimum of 5 days a week.

Lunch is a chicken breast, just a simply grilled 6oz chicken breast which we always have laying around. That and 1/4c cashews.

The meals get a bit boring but the results aren’t.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yep. That’s exactly what I just ate with veggies.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do something similar. I often cook 3 pounds of ground beef at once, same with a few pounds of chicken breast. Then a few cups of white rice to have with the beef and chicken. You can make several days of meals very cheap and easy that way.

I have a ton of seasonings and hot sauces to keep things interesting.

I’ve also been making pasta and hard boiled eggs and mixing them with mayo to make I think it’s called macaroni salad? Very good meal you don’t even have to microwave.

That’s good for about three meals a day.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do something similar. I often cook 3 pounds of ground beef at once, same with a few pounds of chicken breast. Then a few cups of white rice to have with the beef and chicken. You can make several days of meals very cheap and easy that way.

I have a ton of seasonings and hot sauces to keep things interesting.

I’ve also been making pasta and hard boiled eggs and mixing them with mayo to make I think it’s called macaroni salad? Very good meal you don’t even have to microwave.

That’s good for about three meals a day.
Chop some celery and pimientos into that macaroni salad for a Labor Day favorite...

I do this with my veggies, pork chops, and chicken but I absolutely abhor the taste of pre cooked refrigerated beef. Must cook fresh. So I buy those 20lb chubs of 80% lean then repackage and freeze it by the pound. Then I can pull one out for me and one out for the other four members of my family.

Yeah, that’s how I roll. No B.B. diet for my kids. They’re going to stay kids til they’re older.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Depends on time for me. If I’ve got the time I’ll make up a nice plate of food and loads of variety (my missus lifts and eats the same as I do which makes life easier, the kids eat what kids generally eat lol, I do make sure they get plenty of veg though).

If I’m short of time I’ll get it in me whatever is the quickest and easiest way. Normally boring as hell and similar to yours but it does the job. Even cutting I’m almost always over 3k Cals a day so I have a few staple plates of food that I eat 5-6 times a week just to keep it easy.