Meal Plan to fit Macro/Calorie count

EM5055

Awards
Hey Guys,

I am looking for some help developing a meal plan that fits both my Macro and Calorie count. I am currently 240lbs; 6ft; BF% = 24%-26%.

I have done most of the leg work calculating TDEE and BMR. The numbers I need to achieve are:

3000 Calories a day
325g-Protein
275g-Carbs
60g-Fat

This caloric goal would put me in the deficit to try to cut down some. I have been having trouble taking these numbers and turning them into a meal plan. Splitting these numbers into 5 meals a day would be ideal. Focusing the majority of my Carbs around my Gym session.

.......Protein Carb Fat

Meal1 65g 70g 5g

**GYM**

Meal2 65g 100g 5g

Meal3 65g 60g 15g

Meal4 65g 25g 15g

Meal5 65g 20g 20g

***Goal Total of 5 meals = 3000 calories***

Any assistance in turning this template into a meal plan would be much appreciated. I feel that a meal plan that fits these numbers would not only benefit me, but many other people who are in the same boat.

Thank you

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Youre not gonna be in deficit at 3000 calories bro. That bodyweight and bf%, 3000 is WAY too high for weight loss. Those TDEE calculators are never right. Told me i needed 3100 for maintenance but i gained on 2800. Now im cutting on 2000.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You need to caculate your real maintenance because 3000 calories is too high And hardly doubt you’ll be in any deficit! Also I don’t like the % you split your macros I would up the protein % and less carbs

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I disagree
I work with plenty of people who lose weight on over 3,000 calories. Not everyone is made the same. We all have different metabolisms, and some people have a lot of NEAT from daily activities or jobs requiring them to eat more then that to lose weight. Is it common? no, but it is possible OP could lose on that amount. I have worked with people who even weigh 200+ pounds and can't get over 2000-2500 calories on a gaining phase or else they compile too much fat. There are people on both ends of the spectrum, so you really can't single out a caloric number and think X or Y will lose or gain on it.

In OP's shoes I would start calories as high as possible while still losing, this allows flexibility to remove calories or add cardio when you do hit a road bump and stall. Its better then cutting your neck right away and short changing yourself by pushing calories low out of the gate (which is what you don't want to do).

All OP has to do is find the foods that digest well for him/her and then modify the portions to fit the caloric breakdowns. Whatever foods those are we don't know. We have no information if OP has any food intolerance's, what settles heavy, what foods they like, and what they find to digest quick and leave no bloating. So therefore its almost impossible to answer the question directly without giving a broad answer of generic foods.

Youre not gonna be in deficit at 3000 calories bro. That bodyweight and bf%, 3000 is WAY too high for weight loss. Those TDEE calculators are never right. Told me i needed 3100 for maintenance but i gained on 2800. Now im cutting on 2000.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, 3000 calories are too high! If you're obsessing over nutrients down to the point of building a spreadsheet you have, at best, a very unhealthy relationship with food and, at worst, possibly an eating disorder. Throw the spreadsheet away and check in with a doctor. Thanks!

EM5055

Awards
I appreciate the feedback. I did redo the calculations and the numbers I posted are correct for my activity level. I may consider reducing to a 2800 cal count. I may also consider reducing my carbs. As far as any food intolerance, I do not have any limitations on the type of food I can consume. My financial situation is pretty average as well, so purchasing different types of food is not a problem. I was just looking to see if someone could post a general meal plan that could fit the macros/cals I posted. This would be the adjusted macros/cals based on your recommendations:

.......Protein Carb Fat

Meal1 65g 50g 5g

**GYM**

Meal2 65g 80g 5g

Meal3 65g 50g 15g

Meal4 65g 25g 15g

Meal5 65g 20g 20g

***Goal Total of 5 meals = 2800 calories***

I appreciate the help, Thank you

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
2800 sounds like a more reasonable starting point. There are some great online tools and nutrition programs to calculate macros for each meal you have listed above. I would highly recommend downloading MyFitnessPal to keep track of your daily calorie intake. You can also plan meals ahead to make sure you are hitting your daily targets.

I wouldn't stress too heavily on hitting the correct macros for each meal, focus more on the totals at the end of each day and split it up how you'd like. Separating your macros specifically into different meals won't add any benefit, and will overcomplicate things IMO.

For starters, I would choose a few lean protein sources you like (chicken, fish, ground turkey/beef/chicken, egg whites, etc.), a few carb sources you enjoy (oatmeal, rice, potatoes), and a few healthy fats (olive oil, nuts and nut butters, etc.) and begin plugging different amounts into MyFItnessPal. It shouldn't take look to determine some simple meals that are easily adjusted to fit your macros

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I disagree
I work with plenty of people who lose weight on over 3,000 calories. Not everyone is made the same. We all have different metabolisms, and some people have a lot of NEAT from daily activities or jobs requiring them to eat more then that to lose weight. Is it common? no, but it is possible OP could lose on that amount. I have worked with people who even weigh 200+ pounds and can't get over 2000-2500 calories on a gaining phase or else they compile too much fat. There are people on both ends of the spectrum, so you really can't single out a caloric number and think X or Y will lose or gain on it.

In OP's shoes I would start calories as high as possible while still losing, this allows flexibility to remove calories or add cardio when you do hit a road bump and stall. Its better then cutting your neck right away and short changing yourself by pushing calories low out of the gate (which is what you don't want to do).

All OP has to do is find the foods that digest well for him/her and then modify the portions to fit the caloric breakdowns. Whatever foods those are we don't know. We have no information if OP has any food intolerance's, what settles heavy, what foods they like, and what they find to digest quick and leave no bloating. So therefore its almost impossible to answer the question directly without giving a broad answer of generic foods.
As per normal TheSolution is bringing the truth. I cut between 3,000 and 3,400 mainly. Only dropping to 2,750 for the final few weeks. I’m 6’2 and 215lbs (last time I cut).

I run approx 6km 4-5 times a week and lift 4-5 times a week but my job isn’t active. I do however eat very very clean most of the time.

Depending on activity that calorie amount is totally believable to me.

It’s individual though, a calculator gives a starting point from which you have to adjust.......seen loads of variances on calorie numbers from similar size guys

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I disagree

Living proof right here.....

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate the feedback. I did redo the calculations and the numbers I posted are correct for my activity level. I may consider reducing to a 2800 cal count. I may also consider reducing my carbs. As far as any food intolerance, I do not have any limitations on the type of food I can consume. My financial situation is pretty average as well, so purchasing different types of food is not a problem. I was just looking to see if someone could post a general meal plan that could fit the macros/cals I posted. This would be the adjusted macros/cals based on your recommendations:

.......Protein Carb Fat

Meal1 65g 50g 5g

**GYM**

Meal2 65g 80g 5g

Meal3 65g 50g 15g

Meal4 65g 25g 15g

Meal5 65g 20g 20g

***Goal Total of 5 meals = 2800 calories***

I appreciate the help, Thank you
Good Add!

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
BMR calc and new food pyramid

My 2 cents from a former in-shape person. There is an article here somewhere that breaks this down as the new food pyramid. You shouldn't use this as an excuse to eat butter battered bacon everyweek; but starting out (and at bf% you still are) you should work on training and TOTAL calories. When you have that in SOLID order, move on. to macros.

I made this BMR calc a ways back. It takes into consideration the BF% based bmr and weight-based as well. There is also a 50/50 blend of the 2. People often forget that there are 2 methods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eecu6n83zy7oif/bmr_calc.xlsx?dl=0

Attachments

Shamousotoole

Awards
Download the App CarbManager. You can put in all of your info including your goal and it will set you with the amounts of Calories, Macros, Fats, Proteins etc that you can have, throughout the day you enter everything you eat and it will ask the serving size, you can also scan barcodes of foods. It will tell you if you are above or below where you need to be on your diet