Unanswered Matthersby log: Old man on a mission

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What’s everyone think about giving injectable winny a shot? I know it’s still 17C-AA and should theoretically have the same effect on the liver, but I’m not necessarily trying to escape toxicity, just the sides from orals like lethargy and nausea. My experience with injectable Msten showed me it treats me very differently than it’s oral counterpart.
If you can get oil based winny go for it but I wouldn't want the pip that comes with water based

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you can get oil based winny go for it but I wouldn't want the pip that comes with water based
I can get oil at a good 75mg per ml.
Just have a ton of good orals and I can’t use any of them lately. I know it’s still methylated but experience shows me sides are a lot more limited when it comes to lethargy/nausea

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Been 240-260 on all kinds of gear, problem is I’ve never done it lean, so I’m really trying hard to trust this process and eat what I’m told bc I’m certain I could just blow up with what I’m doing but I wouldn’t even come close to maintaining this low bf.
Since ypu are shooting big why dont you mix in some growth or at least peptides, if growth is out of the question (i too simply cannot justify the cost)? I think even mk677 would be useful for your situation. There is a thread over here somewhere comparing mk677 to 2-3 iu of hgh and igf 1 results are very similar.

I for one will include it in my next cycle. Might create problems with my high carb diets though, we will see.

But you can counter that with insulin.

Ah you say you plan on using insulin, huh? That is interesting, will be following closely if you do proceed.
Not going to say "damn it is dangerous blah blah" because millions of people are using it (also people in my very proximity) and are not dropping dead like flies, but it is definitely a substance that needs more thought and care than AAS.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Since ypu are shooting big why dont you mix in some growth or at least peptides, if growth is out of the question (i too simply cannot justify the cost)? I think even mk677 would be useful for your situation.

Also you say insulin, huh? That is interesting, will be following closely if you do proceed.
Not going to say "damn it is dangerous blah blah" because millions of people are using it (also people in my very proximity) and are not dropping dead like flies, but it is definitely a substance that needs more thought and care than AAS.
It’s one of the most impressive drugs I’ve ever used. Studied it for a year before using it in 2016. If I showed you pictures from that year you’d see why I feel so small these days. The fact that I’ll have a coach planning macros to fit the dosages(actually it’s dosage to fit my macros), I could see it being really beneficial while we cruise before the next blast. Peptides and growth may be considered very soon as my financial situation will allow whatever I want to use up to the show. He was very clearly not a fan of MK though. For now, he didn’t think it was very necessary outside of BPC/TB. I’m super tempted to use anything and everything with how painfully slow my size seems to be coming but I’m going to continue trusting him that he’s got plans here.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s one of the most impressive drugs I’ve ever used. Studied it for a year before using it in 2016. If I showed you pictures from that year you’d see why I feel so small these days. The fact that I’ll have a coach planning macros to fit the dosages(actually it’s dosage to fit my macros), I could see it being really beneficial while we cruise before the next blast. Peptides and growth may be considered very soon as my financial situation will allow whatever I want to use up to the show. He was very clearly not a fan of MK though. For now, he didn’t think it was very necessary outside of BPC/TB. I’m super tempted to use anything and everything with how painfully slow my size seems to be coming but I’m going to continue trusting him that he’s got plans here.
I would definitely mix in growth/peps and insulin if you are shooting this big. Of course, in moderation, no point in constructing a death cycle.

Btw in 2016, i am sure you were huge while using insulin, but were you lean 😆? Not sure about that. As far as i know, insulin also has a tendency to make you put on fat.

i wpuld actually like to see some photos from 2016. Put them here, so you and we can compare your current progress to that period.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely mix in growth/peps and insulin if you are shooting this big. Of course, in moderation, no point in constructing a death cycle.

Btw in 2016, i am sure you were huge while using insulin, but were you lean ? Not sure about that. As far as i know, insulin also has a tendency to make you put on fat.
Lantus=fat. Preworkout humulin-r nothing but insane gains. I was on a lot of gear and 4500 clean cals a day. Plus walking several miles a day. It’s possible if variables were different, I may have put unnecessary weight on. I had no life, I just worked and trained and ate.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It sucked. Badly. Worst part is I did with all clean calories so it was mounds of food all the time. Plus having to force feed on insulin so I wouldn’t go hypo.
I cant imagine the piles of food you had to consume keeping it clean. I always give in on a bulk and have some dirty food - its just way too much volume. I bet it was worth it though with the physique it created.

Not trying to get you off subject here...but how did you find your coach? No matter how hard I try I cant find someone to do what your talking about. I'm hesitant to hire one of these internet gurus ... maybe that's the place to go anymore??]

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I cant imagine the piles of food you had to consume keeping it clean. I always give in on a bulk and have some dirty food - its just way too much volume. I bet it was worth it though with the physique it created.

Not trying to get you off subject here...but how did you find your coach? No matter how hard I try I cant find someone to do what your talking about. I'm hesitant to hire one of these internet gurus ... maybe that's the place to go anymore??]
Well as long as they pay enough attention to YOU and dialing in your diet, watching your body changes, AND doing a really thorough intake, I see no problem with online coaching, with of course a lot more in person stuff prior to the show. Most of us don’t need someone showing us what supinated is, or 3 second eccentric. So it’s really just diet, photos, gear, training.
I’ll get laughed out of here for this, but I’ve heard more than once that Bostin Lloyd is a great coach. No BS either. I mean, I wouldn’t hire him, but that’s no coincidence that 2 guys have used him and have said how good he is at it. They don’t have to live near you, but I am gangly and awkward so I’m gonna go see him in person come prep time.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some of these bigger name bb’rs coaching seems ridiculous. It’s just gonna be a generic plan and diet and nothing tailored to you and your specific needs and weak points. This guy isn’t so big that he would do that and this is all he does besides an occasional show for himself. And he won’t take on too many at a time, so when I have a question, he gets back to me that day. I’m always asking him stuff

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I cant imagine the piles of food you had to consume keeping it clean. I always give in on a bulk and have some dirty food - its just way too much volume.
As long as i keep fat intake low i dont gain too much fat. Plus helps to keep cholesterol down.

Carb/protein shakes help a lot.

otherwise oats, rice, potatoes, wheat porridge, lean chicken/turkey and cottage cheese are my staples.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As long as i keep fat intake low i dont gain too much fat. Plus helps to keep cholesterol down.

Carb/protein shakes help a lot.

otherwise oats, rice, potatoes, wheat porridge, lean chicken/turkey and cottage cheese are my staples.
310/450/90 right now.
Not much fat - only from turkey sausage/coconut oil/Avacado. That’s really it.
We are just going to keep throwing carbs at it, until I’m a monster. 90% of my carbs are rice(cream of rice, rice cakes, brown/white) Only wheat I have is on my huge refeed day when I have like 8 pancakes. Honestly I’m thinking of swapping the pancakes for granola cause I love a certain granola I get at Costco. I could eat pounds of it a day.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
310/450/90 right now.
Not much fat - only from turkey sausage/coconut oil/Avacado. That’s really it.
We are just going to keep throwing carbs at it, until I’m a monster. 90% of my carbs are rice(cream of rice, rice cakes, brown/white) Only wheat I have is on my huge refeed day when I have like 8 pancakes. Honestly I’m thinking of swapping the pancakes for granola cause I love a certain granola I get at Costco. I could eat pounds of it a day.
Pancakes, the kind i know of are usually made with eggs. I would definitely switch them with a lower fat solution.

Diet looks good. Of course, some healthy fats are needed to support hdl production.

one thing that makes me fat just by looking at and that i absolutely stay away from now is full fat cheese, and meals heavy on cheese and cream, like pizza, spaghetti carbonara etc. Sucks as i liked those types of foods before.

but cant fool around anymore when messing with gear. My ldl was top of the range during cycle which means i should have gone even lower on the saturated fat. Would have probably put on even less bodyfat.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pancakes, the kind i know of are usually made with eggs. I would definitely switch them with a lower fat solution.

Diet looks good. Of course, some healthy fats are needed to support hdl production.

one thing that makes me fat just by looking at and that i absolutely stay away from now is full fat cheese, and meals heavy on cheese and cream, like pizza, spaghetti carbonara etc. Sucks as i liked those types of foods before.

but cant fool around anymore when messing with gear. My ldl was top of the range during cycle which means i should have gone even lower on the saturated fat. Would have probably put on even less bodyfat.
He hates any saturated fats. No cheese, even the pancakes are fat free. I forgot 12 weeks ago what cheese tastes like. We agreed for my serious gut issues and constipation no wheat or dairy so I’m going to propose my Lf granola instead. Similar carb amounts to pancakes and lite syrup with the vanilla and raisins in it. Almost same macros actually.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
He hates any saturated fats. No cheese, even the pancakes are fat free. I forgot 12 weeks ago what cheese tastes like. We agreed for my serious gut issues and constipation no wheat or dairy so I’m going to propose my Lf granola instead. Similar carb amounts to pancakes and lite syrup with the vanilla and raisins in it. Almost same macros actually.
Nowadays only saturated animal fat i get is from meat.
Personally i would like to go vegetarian but i am not sure i am ready just yet.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In the coming months I am going to try carnivore for at least 1 month. For science. It has intrigued me for some time now.
did you see that video by mark smelly bell? He says if there ever was a magical diet this is it.. eating that much meat is hard to digest and after a few weeks gets even harder. making very easy to lose body fat

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
did you see that video by mark smelly bell? He says if there ever was a magical diet this is it.. eating that much meat is hard to digest and after a few weeks gets even harder. making very easy to lose body fat
I have not. Shawn baker has some good info.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would strongly advise against it if you are on steroids.
However that is just my opinion.
Have seen quite a few powerlifters (talking 2000 lb totals) go keto during heavy heavy aas cycles with crazy results.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have seen quite a few powerlifters (talking 2000 lb totals) go keto during heavy heavy aas cycles with crazy results.
I thought more along the lines of skewed cholesterol rather than strength.
By following carnivore diet you will be taking in large amounts of animal saturated fats.

Combined with aas, this could cause major problems in terms of dislipidemia and atherosclerosis.
not saying one month will do it, but better to be safe. If aas werent at play i wouldnt advise against it (still think that diet is inferior in both terms of performance and cardiovascular safety but each to his own).

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
I thought more along the lines of skewed cholesterol rather than strength.
By following carnivore diet you will be taking in large amounts of animal saturated fats.

Combined with aas, this could cause major problems in terms of dislipidemia and atherosclerosis.
And?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Better yet...this is AM...just do it and share your bloods with us!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m in the veggies for fat loss camp. When I replace celery and cucumber for rice, weight falls off me. Plus my cholesterol is straight sexy. Plus I wouldn’t poop for 6 days at a time on only meat.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
New training phase starts today. All focused on poundage and increasing strength. Kind of looks like reps: 10/8/6/4/10 with reps being different for legs and some certain exercises. More deads, rack pulls, bb incline bench and heavier movements and a lot less drop sets, pulley movements and such.
M - Chest/Back
T- huge leg day
W - off
Th - Delts/Back
F - Chest/Arms
S - Back
S - Off

Weird ass looking split but I’m going with it. The first back day is seriously only rows, the other two are more aggressive.
NPP - 485
Test E - 450
Proviron - 100/Ed
Exem - 12.5/Ed
Ralox - 60/Ed
Going to push hard this next month and see what I can get out of this.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can get oil at a good 75mg per ml.
Just have a ton of good orals and I can’t use any of them lately. I know it’s still methylated but experience shows me sides are a lot more limited when it comes to lethargy/nausea
Have you tried using any of those orals sublingually to see if you have less nausea?
Would it avoid first pass that way perhaps?

Btw i am wondering how a compound only 3x5/5x5 program would treat you.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried using any of those orals sublingually to see if you have less nausea?
Would it avoid first pass that way perhaps?

Btw i am wondering how a compound only 3x5/5x5 program would treat you.
It works overall but lanky tall guys need direct training too. I could do heavy rows all day long and my back would just grow, never my arms. I need curls and preachers. He kind of is a varied 5x5 too in the first phase and this one with a coupe 8-10 sets. I’m not accustomed to more than 3 sets as I used to do 5+ exercises and not a lot of volume for each.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
New training phase starts today. All focused on poundage and increasing strength. Kind of looks like reps: 10/8/6/4/10 with reps being different for legs and some certain exercises. More deads, rack pulls, bb incline bench and heavier movements and a lot less drop sets, pulley movements and such.
M - Chest/Back
T- huge leg day
W - off
Th - Delts/Back
F - Chest/Arms
S - Back
S - Off

Weird ass looking split but I’m going with it. The first back day is seriously only rows, the other two are more aggressive.
NPP - 485
Test E - 450
Proviron - 100/Ed
Exem - 12.5/Ed
Ralox - 60/Ed
Going to push hard this next month and see what I can get out of this.
I really really like the kind of sets he asked you to do that 10/8/6/4/10 seems great. I do something similar right now it’s super effective. Weird ass looking split indeed though but I’m curious.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bout to have an extra 5k to play with next month. Gonna do a little fun work on my 4Runner but thinking slim and peptides my coach will sign off on.
Injectable orals too. What else can I run long term besides EQ? Primo? Mast E? Nothing drastic but a good addition to my cruise or even last month of npp. Thoughts?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It works overall but lanky tall guys need direct training too. I could do heavy rows all day long and my back would just grow, never my arms. I need curls and preachers. He kind of is a varied 5x5 too in the first phase and this one with a coupe 8-10 sets. I’m not accustomed to more than 3 sets as I used to do 5+ exercises and not a lot of volume for each.
Ya because it is same for me. While i dont notice any additional benefits as far as strength on the compounds goes( actually makes my recovery harder because of additional volume) when i add in isolations, i definitely see increased growth.

ahh, masteron. Something i really like on paper and always think "ok maybe next time it will work better" and then it disappoints me again.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really really like the kind of sets he asked you to do that 10/8/6/4/10. I do something similar right now it’s super effective. Weird ass looking split indeed though but I’m curious.
He really wants that back width on me and I see why. After losing a lot of bodyfat my two best parts look really light recently. My chest and back.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
He really wants that back width on me and I see why. After losing a lot of bodyfat my two best parts look really light recently. My chest and back.
I am still convinced that beefing up your shoulders would have a tremendous effect on your physique. It simply makes you look "above" natural.

I would hit the ohp and laterals.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am still convinced that beefing up your shoulders would have a tremendous effect on your physique. It simply makes you look "above" natural.

I would hit the ohp and laterals.
This phase has one day of delts with DB OH press x5, two different lateral raises x4 each, and face pulls x5. Mine grow faster than everything else although they need more width and overall size.
I would love to spend 2 full hour days just on shoulders but if I’m taking different drugs, eating different foods, and doing different exercises than he’s putting in front me, he can’t make adjustments to get these things corrected. And I’m tempted daily to do what I want. I like about 5x the volume for middle traps but maybe on some body parts, I may need less stimuli and more recovery. I don’t know because I don’t have two degrees in kinesiology like he does. I gotta trust or I’m spending a lot of money I don’t need to be if I just do my own thing. It’s been good so far and yes I may have gotten bigger in this time on my own, but with 3x the bodyfat probably. If I need another 3-4 months of offseason, I’ll simply push back to June/July. I’m only doing this once, and on my own, I haven’t even come close to where I would need to be to pull it off, so I want to do it right.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bout to have an extra 5k to play with next month. Gonna do a little fun work on my 4Runner but thinking slim and peptides my coach will sign off on.
Injectable orals too. What else can I run long term besides EQ? Primo? Mast E? Nothing drastic but a good addition to my cruise or even last month of npp. Thoughts?
Injectable superdrol.......😜

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Injectable superdrol.......
I’m seriously tempted. I’m sure even with how much easier that is on the liver, I’m sure I’d lose my appetite by damn day 5. It’s seriously worth a shot though!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m seriously tempted. I’m sure even with how much easier that is on the liver, I’m sure I’d lose my appetite by damn day 5. It’s seriously worth a shot though!
Sounds epic, I myself can’t wait to try it out. Will let you know how it goes.

Looking good though! I do agree with beefing up your shoulders a bit more