Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's like 12$ for a box of 100 slin pins at walmart? What the heck are you guys whining about? Personally I love getting a huge container and filling it up with used pins - makes me feel like I'm doing something right
Lol it’s not the money it’s all the plastic going in the trash for 90% empty shots

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's like 12$ for a box of 100 slin pins at walmart? What the heck are you guys whining about? Personally I love getting a huge container and filling it up with used pins - makes me feel like I'm doing something right
The environment?!?!
Nah, my gf is super liberal so I have to care about the environment too. I fill up ziplocks and just throw them away zipped up, hoping that no kids are picking through the landfill.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So.
While I’m happy my abs are getting better and better while gaining weight, I’m a little uncomfortable how small I feel and look. But I said I’d put up how I look cold every weekly weigh in. I’m fairly certain carbs are going to get increased again since I didn’t even gain a full pound
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG

I’m ready for a lot more size.

Attachments

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking good I would concentrate on back width shoulder to delt is big for judges

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The environment?!?!
Nah, my gf is super liberal so I have to care about the environment too. I fill up ziplocks and just throw them away zipped up, hoping that no kids are picking through the landfill.
They not have a needle exchange over there? We fill containers designed for sharps and take them to a place where they dispose of them correctly and give us more containers. They also give you free needles if you want (we don’t bother as they limit the amount you can take at any one time so we just buy in bulk anyway)....

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They not have a needle exchange over there? We fill containers designed for sharps and take them to a place where they dispose of them correctly and give us more containers. They also give you free needles if you want (we don’t bother as they limit the amount you can take at any one time so we just buy in bulk anyway)....
I’m sure they do. My first 5 years using aas, I could always just bring it to work since there’s needle buckets there. But I don’t work in healthcare anymore and I’m something of a callous jerk now, so I just throw it away and hope for the best. I bet there’s one where I work which is technically on Arizona State University campus, and there’s a lot of issues in Tempe with IV drug use. I’ll look into it

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anyone ever do a whole day refeed? My fats are fine where they are. Never needed huge amounts. But I was weak af Wednesday and couldn’t hold my grip on rack pulls or heavy pulldowns. All I know is I should be getting stronger every workout but carbs are being increased slowly and cut by 2/3 on off days. I just went with my body bc I was run down bad Thursday. Took a day off but decided I’d carb up. It lasted all day and ended up somewhere between 500-600. Not the end of the world but one hell of a refeed. I wanted carbs bad.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha yup I love filling old protein/BCAA containers with pins. Something of a trophy once it's filled. I just tape them with duct tape when it's full and just throw them away and start over.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone ever do a whole day refeed? My fats are fine where they are. Never needed huge amounts. But I was weak af Wednesday and couldn’t hold my grip on rack pulls or heavy pulldowns. All I know is I should be getting stronger every workout but carbs are being increased slowly and cut by 2/3 on off days. I just went with my body bc I was run down bad Thursday. Took a day off but decided I’d carb up. It lasted all day and ended up somewhere between 500-600. Not the end of the world but one hell of a refeed. I wanted carbs bad.
Read this article a couple of years back.....seems appropriate for you and your current goals

Edit - some reason I can’t post the link but just google ‘t nation turn rest days into grow days’ and it comes up

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Read this article a couple of years back.....seems appropriate for you and your current goals

Edit - some reason I can’t post the link but just google ‘t nation turn rest days into grow days’ and it comes up
Thanks bro read all of it. I’m attributing it to his intense higher volume training, I’m supposed to take a day off between heavy back/shoulders and heavy Quads day. I think by the time I got there I was fried. Taking today off too.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha yup I love filling old protein/BCAA containers with pins. Something of a trophy once it's filled. I just tape them with duct tape when it's full and just throw them away and start over.
That's exactly what I do. Walmart sells this 5 gallon protein container that's square instead of round. It takes like 6 months to fill up and weighs at least 75lbs when the duct tape goes on

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely...especially when I'm really trying to grow and going balls to the wall everyday. Every couple of weeks or so I'll hit a back or leg day and eventually be dragging for 3 days before I can "wake up" and feel normal again. That's when I know it's time to take a day - maybe even nap if I can fit it in - and eat. I dont even track macros on those days. I make sure to hit the protein requirements but I've got to hit around 800+ carbs on those days I'm guessing. Gets me back to feeling like superman in the gym the next day. I attribute that practice to being able to continually get stronger as opposed to hitting plateaus too often.

Edit - the 800+ carbs number is a guess....dont track them at all. Didnt want to sound too ridiculous!

Last edited:
Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely...especially when I'm really trying to grow and going balls to the wall everyday. Every couple of weeks or so I'll hit a back or leg day and eventually be dragging for 3 days before I can "wake up" and feel normal again. That's when I know it's time to take a day - maybe even nap if I can fit it in - and eat. I dont even track macros on those days. I make sure to hit the protein requirements but I've got to hit around 800+ carbs on those days I'm guessing. Gets me back to feeling like superman in the gym the next day. I attribute that practice to being able to continually get stronger as opposed to hitting plateaus too often.

Edit - the 800+ carbs number is a guess....dont track them at all. Didnt want to sound too ridiculous!
I had to stop myself to getting to 600-700 and probably would have it I wasn’t just eating a lot of it in rice cakes. Those make you feel like you’re eating more than you really are. But I was counting and was eating 99grams at a time. I didn’t even care about getting fat. And that’s a new feeling as I’ve been 99% on point with the diet he laid out. I don’t even do cheats and weigh every meal. I’ve had these cravings before and I’ve leaned to trust my body and it’s cravings. I’ve ate a whole bouillon cube before and sure enough I was electrolyte depleted.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Guess what my trainer is putting on the table once we’ve dialed in diet?
Insulin! This is gonna get good! I thought this dude would have scoffed at me if I had mentioned something like that with how drug conservative he seems to be.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I swear my trainer knows exactly where I’m at without telling him. I hadn’t even told him about my crazy over the top refeed when he saw pics and weigh in and proposed we do a 250 above the usual carb refeed on my first Off-day of the week (Wednesday) he about quadrupled my carbs and said that’s all we need. Then he talked insulin over the holidays.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You NEED to tell him about that day. He isn’t going to be pissed because it obviously helped your physique and training, but if he doesn’t know how much gas to put in the tank he’s going to assume what he’s doing is enough, and you will have to keep sneaking refeeds to keep up.

TALK TO YOUR FUCKING COACH. You are paying him to guide you and he can only go off the feedback you give and how you look.

Getting my wife ready for Alaska a few months back and she was just not losing any weight for like 3 weeks suddenly - I knew every calorie in her diet, every cardio and training session length, every compound and dosage, lived with her and been present for every diet over 2 years. I was like wtf are you doing you should be practically melting fat knowing how she works...she was eating a second quest bar and sneaking almost a whole small pizza per week at work Dropped the bs and she got so lean she didn’t even need to cut water.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You NEED to tell him about that day. He isn’t going to be pissed because it obviously helped your physique and training, but if he doesn’t know how much gas to put in the tank he’s going to assume what he’s doing is enough, and you will have to keep sneaking refeeds to keep up.

TALK TO YOUR FUCKING COACH. You are paying him to guide you and he can only go off the feedback you give and how you look.

Getting my wife ready for Alaska a few months back and she was just not losing any weight for like 3 weeks suddenly - I knew every calorie in her diet, every cardio and training session length, every compound and dosage, lived with her and been present for every diet over 2 years. I was like wtf are you doing you should be practically melting fat knowing how she works...she was eating a second quest bar and sneaking almost a whole small pizza per week at work Dropped the bs and she got so lean she didn’t even need to cut water.
I did brother. Sorry my story was not complete. I always am honest about my compliance with diet. What was weird was he added the monster refeed two days after I had just done a refeed on my own. I told him immediately once he evaluated my weekly weigh in and my notes and decided to add the Wednesday refeed. I thought it was amazing that he knew I needed it before I told him. He only had my pics and weight. Totally hear you and we’re on the same page.
You can tell in my pics I was clearly leaner but my shoulders deflated and my upper chest is flat. He’s perceptive and actually paying attention to my physique changes.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

So what your saying is Matthersby is acting like a woman?

.....couldn't help myself

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did brother. Sorry my story was not complete. I always am honest about my compliance with diet. What was weird was he added the monster refeed two days after I had just done a refeed on my own. I told him immediately once he evaluated my weekly weigh in and my notes and decided to add the Wednesday refeed. I thought it was amazing that he knew I needed it before I told him. He only had my pics and weight. Totally hear you and we’re on the same page.
You can tell in my pics I was clearly leaner but my shoulders deflated and my upper chest is flat. He’s perceptive and actually paying attention to my physique changes.
That’s awesome. I don’t think it’s even bad that you knew your body and listened (it’s grow season not actual prep after all), I just want to see you take this all the way!

You are an ecto/meso type, so you have to get the fuel from somewhere! I mean you were eating a jar of lite pb per day not that long ago. Carb refeeds are going to be a real thing for you.

Btw white bagels with chocolate frosting (essentially low-fat doughnuts) and flour tortillas, jasmine rice, and 96/4 ground beef are my favorite loading meals. Or elbo macaroni with red sauce and the lean beef!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s awesome. I don’t think it’s even bad that you knew your body and listened (it’s grow season not actual prep after all), I just want to see you take this all the way!

You are an ecto/meso type, so you have to get the fuel from somewhere! I mean you were eating a jar of lite pb per day not that long ago. Carb refeeds are going to be a real thing for you.

Btw white bagels with chocolate frosting (essentially low-fat doughnuts) and flour tortillas, jasmine rice, and 96/4 ground beef are my favorite loading meals. Or elbo macaroni with red sauce and the lean beef!
He’s got me on doubled carbs on Wednesday with cream of rice, rice and rice cakes, and then like 8 LF pancakes with lite syrup. It’s an extra 150 right there.
Love it!
I’ve never ate intentionally despite knowing macros really well. It was always bulking so I ate when I really wanted to eat. So this last Thursday was a completely new feeling for me being so weak and ran down, I just ate for 2 hours straight.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just found this, I'm in !!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
After two days off and 500gram carb refeeds, I went and finished my weeks sessions of chest/bis/tris and hamstrings.
Stiff deadlifted 315x14 and then proceeded to eat all my macros by 845 so I was limited to cucumber and olives until I went to bed. Feeling fantastic and abandoning all orals except Proviron for now, although I’m itching to add more drugs, I may just enjoy the results of this for another 5 weeks.
226 with abs and weights going up.
IMG_0630.JPG

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking better day by day man! You're having and awesome progress, don't add more drugs, use this stack to the max and keep getting those gains from it! Realy nice progress in short period!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You NEED to tell him about that day.
TALK TO YOUR FUCKING COACH. You are paying him to guide you and he can only go off the feedback you give and how you.
Btw it’s sexy when you get all aggressive.
What are you running these days? You look like a damn wild animal in your log... arms are ridiculous.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m probably going to do the same pretty soon. Haven’t donated in about a year or so; never really had an issue with my cbc values, but it definitely doesn’t hurt to be precautious.
Mines only been 0.5 out of range which isn’t even bad but I can tell the difference when I go up the stairs and get winded. And I always feel like I ate too much. I wouldn’t do it if my iron and everything else wasn’t solid too. I feel better the very few times I’ve brought it down a little. I won’t be doing it again this year, but 5 weeks into a 10 week npp run, without checking it, I knew it would be a good idea.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
View attachment 187413
Got this done today - about halfway through my NPP blast.
Did you do that yourself at home?

But really - doesnt that make you tired or a little weaker for a couple days? Havent had to donate since I started this journey but I always assumed it would.???

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

But really - doesnt that make you tired or a little weaker for a couple days? Havent had to donate since I started this journey but I always assumed it would.???
I usually do it myself but only when my hct gets to 51.5 or higher. And only 6oz so I feel great and hct lowers. The problem is Red Cross takes a whole pint so I’m quite tired today but I bounce back quick with rbc/iron. Never had an issue. While I didn’t have labs this time, I always start getting short of breath halfway through a big npp blast

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

It’s different for everybody. I do it like 2-3 times a year (usually 2) and if I ate enough I feel perfectly fine an hour after and my strength is fully recovered 48-72 hours later. Usually 2 days I’m 100%. Some people is a week but that’s uncommon

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Btw it’s sexy when you get all aggressive.
What are you running these days? You look like a damn wild animal in your log... arms are ridiculous.
I have to type in caps to indicate I’m raising my voice, thus making my idea clearly superior to all lesser volumes of speech

300mg test e/wk & 30mg Phera & 15mg Mk677 daily as far as anabolics

What log @Hyde ???
Hyde’s Strength Odyssey in the Training Log section

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s different for everybody. I do it like 2-3 times a year (usually 2) and if I ate enough I feel perfectly fine an hour after and my strength is fully recovered 48-72 hours later. Usually 2 days I’m 100%. Some people is a week but that’s uncommon
6-8fl oz, I notice zip, nothing. A pint, I was 100% the next day. That day of though, in the evening I went and trained, and it was a bit rough. But overall, on stuff that rapidly increases hct, (like npp) I feel better by the time I’m done donating with that easily winded, full tight stomach feeling. I just know my body at this point pretty well. I’ve fcked with it long enough I should know.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What’s everyone think about giving injectable winny a shot? I know it’s still 17C-AA and should theoretically have the same effect on the liver, but I’m not necessarily trying to escape toxicity, just the sides from orals like lethargy and nausea. My experience with injectable Msten showed me it treats me very differently than it’s oral counterpart.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What’s everyone think about giving injectable winny a shot? I know it’s still 17C-AA and should theoretically have the same effect on the liver, but I’m not necessarily trying to escape toxicity, just the sides from orals like lethargy and nausea. My experience with injectable Msten showed me it treats me very differently than it’s oral counterpart.
I'm thinking...let us know how it goes! Haha...I've heard the pip from that one can be something special though. Would you opt for a lower dose since your going IM instead of oral?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This might be a dumb question....but I have come across a LOT of vets who run that injectable winny eod or 4X a week...basically not every day. How would you plan to run it?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This might be a dumb question....but I have come across a LOT of vets who run that injectable winny eod or 4X a week...basically not every day. How would you plan to run it?
Just like oral.
I’m definitely from the school that does not believe we get much at all from pulsing or pwo or 2 on 2 off, or any of that. There is a very noticeable point around day 7-11 where orals have built up and “kick in”. I wouldn’t argue it if I hadn’t run dozens and dozens or oral all kinds of different ways, so some may disagree but for me, but the magic really works well once they’ve reached peak levels. Otherwise I wouldn’t be in much of a dilemma with all the orals I’ve been struggling with this year, cause I could run the hell out of Tudca and only dose on workout days, or go 3 days and take a few off, I think I could pull that off without getting the lethargy and nausea, but it always seems a waste to me. Nothing like week 2-4 where all the good stuff happens.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG

Up 3lbs. I’d be lying if I said I was being patient and was ok with my progress. I want a lot more. Delts are coming along and legs are slooooooowly responding. I need more size and I believe my coach sees this and will continue pushing things harder, which is exactly what it seems like he’s doing. Training phase 3 starts Monday and it’s nuts. A lot of volume and a lot of work tailored to my weak points. I’m beyond motivated to make these pics look better every week, and I’m obsessed with making that happen. I want the results of this at the end of these next 5 months to be epic, and without any regret that I could have worked harder.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The problem is that you are tall, so arms and legs are always going to look somewhat skinny. I personally like the overblown delt look hahah

Hit those standing overhead presses, along with chinups it is the best exercise for the "aesthetic" upper body look imho.

not all of us have genetics of Hafbor Bjornsson haha that guys is just massive at that height hahahah

i personally start to look decent at 240 lbs(110kg) +, any less than that i look lanky, and for me, hitting and maintaining that weight withput steroids (lean) is impossible.

6 effin' years of natty training and gains on 100mg per week smoke all of that, except the first 6 months when i first started.
I am officially pissed lol, all that hard work and yet that small amount of oil makes a world of difference, and actually makes my training effective.

So you are officially in the gaining phase right?
i dont want to sound like a smartass, but from my experience, i would minimize fat intake and up protein and carbs and also let the estrogen run as high as you can tolerate it.

Those weeks during my cycle i didnt take an ai i lost libido, my face turned to a red bubble but man i made the most gains when i didnt take any ai, broscience but hey it works.

Last edited:
Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The problem is that you are tall, so arms and legs are always going to look somewhat skinny. I personally like the overblown delt look hahah

Hit those standing overhead presses, along with chinups it is the best exercise for the "aesthetic" upper body look imho.

not all of us have genetics of Hafbor Bjornsson haha that guys is just massive at that height hahahah

i personally start to look decent at 240 lbs(110kg) +, any less than that i look lanky, and for me, hitting and maintaining that weight withput steroids (lean) is impossible.

6 effin' years of natty training and gains on 100mg per week smoke all of that, except the first 6 months when i first started.
I am officially pissed lol, all that hard work and yet that small amount of oil makes a world of difference, and actually makes my training effective.

So you are officially in the gaining phase right?
i dont want to sound like a smartass, but from my experience, i would minimize fat intake and up protein and carbs and also let the estrogen run as high as you can tolerate it.

Those weeks during my cycle i didnt take an ai i lost libido, my face turned to a red bubble but man i made the most gains when i didnt take any ai, broscience but hey it works.
Been 240-260 on all kinds of gear, problem is I’ve never done it lean, so I’m really trying hard to trust this process and eat what I’m told bc I’m certain I could just blow up with what I’m doing but I wouldn’t even come close to maintaining this low bf.